Has anyone tried "Ambrotose"?

Masif Gal

I started taking Ambrotose (made & patented by Mannatech) about 4 weeks ago. It's a cell-formulising supplement made of plant carbohydrates. I had a nasty virus when I started taking it, but now (4 weeks later) I'm feeling pretty invincible :P .

I don't know if this feeling of complete well-being is due to being rid of the virus, or from the supplement.

Has anyone else tried it? What results did you reap?

Cell formulising when it's at home is communication between cells. This product is supposed to improve thism which supports proper gland & organ function, proper system function including our natural defense & endocrine systems, resulting in OPTIMAL HEALTH! :nod:

Ambrotose is a formula designed to help provide saccharides used in glycoconjugate synthesis to promote cellular communication and immune support.

I'm a very healthy person, and I've noticed improved concentration, more energy, better sleep, improved athletic ability & performance, and a greater sense of well-being.

I don't know if it's placebo, but this stuff seems to work.

It sound like I'm endorsing it, but I'm not - I am, however, interested in hearing anyone else's feedback :)

Mannatech is a Multi level marketing company (read pyramid scheme) along the lines of USANA, Amway etc.

There are all sorts of claims made about this particular product, and while it may be of benefit to the immune system, there are various unsubstantiated claims that it makes - alleviating symptoms of HIV, cystic fibrosis, cancer, arthritis, and down's syndrome amoung others.

It is made from eight sugars, aloe vera and vegetable extracts, and costs up to $300 a month for a course. In 2004 New Zealanders bought $19 million worth of the stuff, which was just over 4% of the world wide sales of US$294 million ($NZ$436million).

In 2003 NZ and Australia cracked down on the resellers in both countries due to many sellers pushing Mannetech's Dietary supplements as though they were medicines providing therapeutic benefit.

It might be worth a go but I've never been keen on the marketing ploys of MLM schemes so will probably steer clear of it myself.

Ambrotose is essentially a very expensive source of sugar. Mannatechs marketing is based on anecdotal evidence with absolutely no support from any peer reviewed, double blind, placebo controlled research. None, zip, nada, zero. Unlike some supplement companies Mannatech has the money to fund independent research but they choose not to. Mannatech CEO Sam Caster's prior fraudulent activity (Eagle Shield) doesn't help create faith in the company either.

• 9 years later...

Thought you guys might be interested this. A few days ago I received an email, with subject line "Cease And Desist"...

8/17/2015

TO: Andrew Davidson

RE: Impermissible Use of Health Claims Attributed to Mannatech Products
http://www.gymnation.co.nz/topic/927-has-anyone-tried-ambrotose/

Dear : Andrew

Mannatech, Incorporated (“Mannatech”) routinely reviews the internet to insure our products are being properly represented to the public. Health claims which go beyond the specific claims approved for Mannatech products and/or claims which state suggest or imply Mannatech products cure, treat, mitigate or prevent disease are against Mannatech policies.

Your website (identified above) contains statements which are contrary to Mannatech''s policies. You are hereby requested to immediately remove from your website any statement which (i) states, suggests or implies Mannatech nutritional products prevent, treat or cure disease, (ii) states, suggests or implies Mannatech nutritional products are a substitute for a doctor''s standard of care, and/or (iii) otherwise violates Mannatech''s Associate Policies & Procedures.

The removal of this type of impermissible information from the internet is of great importance to protect Mannatech''s right to conduct business. We request that you contact the undersigned at jdiaz@mannatech.com within five (5) business days from the receipt of this letter to (i) confirm the offending statements/representations have been removed from the website and (ii) confirm you will refrain from making such representations in connection with Mannatech nutritional products in the future (iv) address any concerns or questions relating to the issue raised herein.

Please keep in mind that it is your responsibility to ensure that any websites, blogs, social/networking mediums, other electronic media, etc. created by you or by a third party on your behalf used in connection with your Mannatech Independent Associate business complies with Mannatech Associate policies.

We thank you in advance for your immediate attention and cooperation, and again stress the importance of complying with our request and contacting the undersigned as requested herein.

Respectfully,

The Mannatech Legal, Ethics and Compliance Department

Note: Nothing contained in this letter shall be construed as a waiver of any rights Mannatech, Incorporated has at law or in equity, all of which are expressly reserved.

A few days later...

8/24/2015

To: Andrew Davidson

Dear Andrew:

A few days ago Mannatech, Incorporated (“Mannatech”) contacted you requesting your immediate assistance in removing statements from your website (identified above) which violate Mannatech Associate policies in connection with claims about our nutritional products. Our records do not reflect you''ve made the requested changes to your website or contacted the undersigned regarding this matter - this automated letter was generated accordingly.

Mannatech requests you immediately remove from your website any statement which (i) states, suggests or implies Mannatech nutritional products prevent, treat or cure disease, (ii) states, suggests or implies Mannatech nutritional products are a substitute for a doctor''s standard of care, and/or (iii) otherwise violates Mannatech''s Associate Policies & Procedures.

We further request that you contact the undersigned at Jdiaz@mannatech.com within five (5) business days from the receipt of this letter to (i) confirm the offending statements/representations have been removed from the website and (ii) acknowledge that you will refrain from making such representations in connection with Mannatech nutritional products in the future.

It is our hope that you now fully appreciate our concerns and will take prompt action to avoid escalating the matter further. The removal of this type of impermissible information from the internet is of great importance to protect Mannatech''s right to conduct business.

If you have already complied with the original letter from Mannatech concerning this matter, please disregard this automated letter. You will be contacted regarding the next steps in the compliance process in the near future.

Respectfully,

Note: Nothing contained in this letter shall be construed as a waiver of any rights Mannatech, Incorporated has at law or in equity, all of which are expressly reserved.

And then this morning...

8/28/2015

To: Andrew Davidson

Dear Andrew:

Mannatech, Incorporated (“Mannatech”) has attempted to contact you on two separate occasions seeking your immediate assistance in removing statements from your website (identified above) which violate Mannatech Associate policies in connection with claims about our nutritional products. Our records do not reflect you''ve made the requested changes to your website or contacted the undersigned regarding this matter.

Mannatech demands you immediately remove from your website any statement which (i) states, suggests or implies Mannatech nutritional products prevent, treat or cure disease, (ii) states, suggests or implies Mannatech nutritional products are a substitute for a doctor''s standard of care, and/or (iii) otherwise violates Mannatech''s Associate Policies & Procedures.

The removal of this type of impermissible information from the internet is of great importance to protect Mannatech''s right to conduct business. Mannatech is prepared to take legal action to secure your immediate compliance with this demand, including litigation seeking injunctive relief, damages and attorney''s fees as allowed under Texas law.

Due to the serious nature of this issue, failure to contact the undersigned at Jdiaz@mannatech.com within three (3) business days from the receipt of this letter will result in Mannatech taking additional action to secure your compliance.

Respectfully,

The interesting thing is, if you look closely at their demands, it seems they think this topic is over-selling Mannatech products. Apparently they are concerned some of these comments make Ambrotose sound too good.

Wait, wut?!  :o

Anyway, clearly they were anxious to see a reply, so I sent them an email back...

Dear Mannatech Legal, Ethics and Compliance Department,

Thank you for your emails. We have investigated the topic in question, and find nothing of concern. We believe the topic to be fair and balanced, and an accurate representation of the various opinions of our members.

As we are not a Mannatech Associate, or affiliated with Mannatech in any way, we have no obligation to comply with Mannatech Associate Policies and Procedures.

We do, however, make every effort to ensure our topics are compliant with New Zealand law, as this is where our website is based. We are entirely confident this topic is well within the bounds of that.

If you believe a statement made within this topic is in breach of New Zealand law, we will assess it further. You will need to quote the exact  statement, and detail specifically which legislation (including the Act and section) the statement is in breach of.

Regards,

Andrew Davidson

Gymnation.co.nz

I'll keep you guys posted if there are any futher developments!

who the hell is wasting their money on this useless legal work lol

My guess is that perhaps the authorities are getting twitchy, so Mannatech are having to clamp down on some of the more enthusiastic claims their affiliates are making in order to sell product. This could be quite a tricky task when you're a multi-level marketing company, so they've employed a third party company to scour the net and issue scary take-down notices.

But as I said in my letter, I'm confident everything that has been said here is perfectly acceptable under New Zealand law.

Thats what people/companies do all the time. They issue legal threats without the intention of it ever ending up in court because they know they have nothing and will lose. They rely on legal ignorance and/or unwillingness/inability to commit funds to fighting it.

In this case its so retarded its funny but im pretty sure this website has removed content before based on similar threats for the reasons i outlined above.

Well, of course. We've had a bunch of legal threats over the years. Some cases I've looked at and dismissed instantly, and some I've looked at and conceded there was a legitimate issue.

It totally depends on the situation, but the default position is not to edit unless we absolutely need to. That is, only when the post breaches the forum rules or New Zealand law.