TLAF prep

trainlikeafreak

Thought I'd log my training for the remainder of my prep.. 18 days to go, yesterday was chest. Was pretty tired yesterday but sore as hell today so did something right. Strength is down but is still ok (for me)

Stretching

Cable cross overs - 2 sets 8-12 reps

Bench press - 120x5 drop to 100x5/6, 100x8 drop to 60x4 slooooow reps

Incline flies - worked upto 2 sets 25kg 8-10

Incline db press - 30kgx 8-12x 2 sets emphasising stretch and a long squeeze

Db pull over (10reps) super setted w flat flies (8 reps)x 2 sets

Single arm incline hammer strength press 1x drop set

Sam with kneeling cable cross overs

Standing calf raises and abs to finish before 20 min of cardio.

Lots of angles and variations but sticking to around 2 working sets per exercise and trying my best to keep it heavy. Feel like ass but ok in relation to where I am at in the prep.

keen to read your diet too, unless it's a secret !

hey bro, my diet changes a bit but I keep things pretty simple. Carbs are low 50g rice flakes for bfast and 150 kumara pre/post workout. Protein is moderate still having red meat twice a day. Some fats added here and there through pb and mac nut oil :)

Delts glutes abs

Stretching

Seated db press - worked upto 40x6 ds 20x6 slow reps. Did that twice.

Seated lateral raises - 15k for sets of 10. 3 sets last set a drop to 10s

Standing rear delt fly 15kg 3 sets 15 reps

Rear delt rows - 25k x12-15x3 sets

Standing military press - 40kx10, 50kx6 dos 40kx6

3x15 reps hip thrusts on lyijg leg curl

Kneeling cable crunches and lying leg raises 3 sets each.

Energy down today, 17 to go.

Pic from today.. 96.4kg yesterday. Weight still up after Saturday's refeed which I'm happy about. Flattened out today tho so it's probably down again but.. Who cares

Those delts are shredded to the bone. That's wicked man. LOL, at your lady in the background doing yoga. Is she mirin you? 

Thanks boys!

Back today.. Hardly any sleep last night.. Woke up 3am starving and wired.. Prob 6hrs all up but broken sleep and woken by alarm clock. Cardio was hard. Had a back session booked with Marc rainbow so there was no easy way out today. Will note what I remember, it's been a long day...

Stretching

Lat pull down facing away leaning back 3 sets

2x upper back row machines super setted, 2-3 sets

Seated cable row, 3 sets

Wide grip lat pull down 3 sets

Hyper ext 2 sets

Biceps...

Weights remaining heavy and reps are still 8-12. Plenty of forced reps, drop sets etc today but no high reps.. Cals are low and I Don't want to get stringy. Unsure of my weight but I'm very flat. Can't wait to carb up on sat wahoo

Why do you do pull downs like that mate?

just to hit a different part of my back. It really hits the outer lats while also engaging the mid back etc. It's a row really. I don't do it that way often but Marc made me do it lol. Felt good tho went real heavy (for me) and it was all back.

Sleep has been terrible the last few days.. Took me till midnight to get to sleep, woke up at 4am with m stomach rumbling and wired.. Couldn't get back to sleep so on the road doing cardio by 5am lol. Anyway today I am re feeding so hopefully that helps. Bfast was 6 pieces of toast with butter and peanut butter.. Lots of Black pudding, heaps of bacon, 3 eggs, iced coffee, orange juice.. Hour later heaps of pancakes etc will post a pic. Morning tea lasagne and choc.. Lunch 2 big burgers with choc milk.. Trained chest then more lasagne and some wonka choc and milky bar. Fried chicken and wedges later tonight and have snacked on choc and biscuits and that kinda stuff between meals. Yes I'm heavy breathing and no I'm not counting Cals lol. FEELING FULL!!

Stretching

Flat fb press worked upto 45k dbs for some paused reps 8-10 reps squeezing with a drop set on the last

Incline bb worked upto 2pps for like 6 then dropped to 60k. Did that twice and a straight set of 60k for a set of 15-20

Incline fly sets of 15 20 and 25k 8-10 reps with a drop on the last

Finished w flat fb ss with flat bench pause reps

Tricep rope push downs, overhead db ext and db skull crushers

20 min bike

Still trying to keep my weights heavy and reps between 8-12 even on the drop sets.. This will continue for next week and I'll pull it back during the last week. Time to dial it in!

Also big thanks to Harry B for helping me out and keeping me sane these last few weeks.. I did the majority of my prep myself but these last couple weeks my minds all over the place and I prob would have lost the plot without the guidance lol. So thanks brother lets do this shiiitttttttttt

So you believe in cheat days rather than cheat meal? Why is this bro?

And yeah i say cheat loosely I know it isn't cheating if it's planned/scheduled but it's just the term I use.

It depends bro.. I was doing meals but as I got leaner I switched to days as 1 I could get away with it and 2 a meal wasn't enough. This is my first time using cheat days but it's also the leanest I've ever been and i have been lean for a while now. I think if you were not in shape and you did cheat days you would be causing yourself problems lol. A lot of my prep I had no cheats at all tho.

I'm bloated as shit today.. In 4 days I'll be flat as a pancake again tho lol. Bring on the next 10 days till carb up!!

It depends bro.. I was doing meals but as I got leaner I switched to days as 1 I could get away with it and 2 a meal wasn't enough.

Do you mean that getting leaner enabled you to eat more?

Or that with a tighter diet most of the week (which made you leaner) you could then afford an entire day of cheat meals - ie, the cheat day was more than offset by the overall caloric reduction?

Do you mean that getting leaner enabled you to eat more?

Or that with a tighter diet most of the week (which made you leaner) you could then afford an entire day of cheat meals - ie, the cheat day was more than offset by the overall caloric reduction?

getting leaner enabled me to eat more. My diet has been on point for months and months bro. Everything calculated, measured to the gram and no cheating outside of what is planned. I get really flat on my "diet" so by the time the cheat day comes around my body just soaks it up.

Weight back to 100k after my refeed lol. Just did legs with Marc

Stretching

Extensions

Leg press

Hack squat as extensions

Adductors

Cable kicks

Lying leg curls

6-12 reps staying heavy

I am shattered.

Thanks for that, makes sense. So what will you do for carb up?

I'm happy with how I look so not really gonna change much outside of water manipulation. I'm just gonna time a cheat day into the show. I've had enough now to know what day to do it to come in looking my best.. Taking no risks as I don't see the point. Hard and dry!

Back today and weight is back down to just under 97kg.. Constantly lethargic etc but I'm happy cos I'd be concerned if I felt good 11 days out lol.

Stretching

3x row variations 3 sets each reps 8-15

Tbar row 1 drop set total of 15 reps

Leaning back, facing away close grip pull downs - 3 sets 8 reps

Wide grip lat pull down alternated with wide grip assisted slow chins, 2 sets each

Hyper extensions stict slow and paused- 2 sets to failure

9 sets of biceps.. Cable curls, seated hammers, reverse ez bar

Was hard work today.. Feeling drained but it is what it is. Bring on th next 8 days until carb up!!

6.45am black coffee,7am cardio, 8am breakfast, 9am chest calves glutes and cardio

Stretching

Incline db press 3x sets 8-10 reps using something like 42-45kg

Flat bb 2x8 100 kg drop setting last set

Decline bb 80kgs9 ds 60kgx6 - 2 sets. Emphasising a deep contraction

Incline db flys 2x10 17kg

Flat db fly 1x12 17kg

Pec dec 2 sets 12-15

Calf raises and hip thrusts

Trying to train as heavy as I can and keep the reps between 6-15.. No high reps as I want to avoid going stringy as much as possible. Took a few pics pwo and going by them I am ready. It's amazing how looking in a mirror and looking at photos can give you two completely different opinions on how you look. Bodybuilding is as much mental as it is physical

You're definitely looking the business brother!

Keep it simple from here on in & you'll be outstanding on stage!

thankyou bro. Yep that's the plan.. Nothing drastic

Pic from today I haven't weighed myself but I will be 96-97kg at a guess going by yesterday's weight. Dealing in now.. Can't wait to carb up nd drop the fluid. Not gonna be the biggest in the junior line up but if I'm gonna be beat I'm going to make them earn it!!

post-6311-0-60722800-1426030478_thumb.jp