NZ's bodybuilding, strength and fitness community
Sign in to follow this  
Pseudonym

FIFA World Cup 2014

So who's going to win this thing? Will Lionel Messi bring it home for Argentina? (He's got every other record, after all.) Or will Brazil's home advantage prove unbeatable?

Your predictions? Go.

Brazil has good mid and fwd players but their defence is questionable and their GK hasn't played alot of football Latley, there are a number of teams that could win it and that is why it's such a great event. After the pool play I think you'll be able to get a better idea of who could win, not based on points but game play. I think a European team will probably win it, I wouldn't guess which one at this stage. I put $100 on France to win it I will get $2000 back if they do... Which I think is reasonable odds. Out of the 19 cups think the host team has won it 6 times, depending how you interpret that I dont think it's that important.

will be a good few weeks ahead. Looking forward to watching a few games!

The England team visited an orphanage in Rio today:

"It's heartbreaking to see their sad little faces with no hope," said Jose, age 6.

Lol. That was a good game to watch this morning eng v Italy 

I also thought that as well it was a good game to watch and was glad that Italy won to make it a bad weekend for England which would the English rugby team losing to,the ab's last night as well

I am surprised about  Spain being knocked out of the FIFA World Cup and I image that that the average person who picked Spain to win the World Cup or in the office sweep stakes must feel a bit gutted after Spain's lost to chille 

Holland to win the cup :'D

I watched Ausy play yesterday was a good game. And I bet on Italy to win today which was a good win Biggrin

X2 Netherlands

Purely on work sweepstakes and I get a hundy if they win. Then they actually look like a legit team!

Looks like that 100 bet on France wasn't a bad idea, wish I did it too, 

Silent assassins brah... Lol I havnt even been following them in pool play I'll start giving a shit when the second round starts. It's as good a punt as any eh

One thing I have notice about this years World Cup is. It is hard to pick winners and who would picked Italy not making it to the round of 16 and Spain going home early when they won it in 2010. That would also include upsets happening as well.

I know, got up at 3am to watch it and after the first goal 13 min into it what a boring game it became. Germans just shut the game down. France shoulda finished the couple of opportunities they had. FTW lol

One thing I do find strange that present of Uruguay gretted Suarez at the airport after he got sent home from the World Cup and I was like Wtf after I heard that on radio sport

What u guys reckon? Germany or Argentina? 

guess score.

i think Argentina 2-1 but got no fucken idea lol

I also think Argentina  to win but it should be a good tight game