Diabetes and the diet

ngapuhi strong

Stop doing cardio. Stop eating processed foods. Stop eating fast foods. Eat lean protein fats and low carb I'm on ketosis so I thrash the f*ck out of fat. Compound lifts. 3x a week for a beginner

i watched a doco on sky the other night were twin brothers who are doctors done a study, one done high fat no sugars and other done high sugar no fat,

end result both lost weight most of weight they lost was muscle, one on high fat no sugar was one steep away from type 2 diabetes,

moral of the doco, cutting one thing out of diet or eating heaps of one thing is stupid as eating eggs and only eggs, wether you are cutting or bulking, just wanting to trim up or get strong as an ox you need to be hitting your macros and getting a good amount of essential vitamins    

I don't eat heaps of one thing I'm just saying people pry for fat but yet it's needed in your macros I didn't say fat was the only thing I eat. I'm just saying 50-100gms of fat is good not

Bad. I hit my macros everyday mate. I'm curious how did someone with no sugar get diabetes? Don't believe everything you watch on tv bud. You go ask your grand mother, etc etc if they ever had high hdl and diabetes and all the other shit we have these days. They wouldn't have been frying cancerous oils or had low fat sugar filled yoghurt they would have been on all full fat dairy and butter etc.. The healthiest generation.

I don't eat heaps of one thing I'm just saying people pry for fat but yet it's needed in your macros I didn't say fat was the only thing I eat. I'm just saying 50-100gms of fat is good not

Bad. I hit my macros everyday mate. I'm curious how did someone with no sugar get diabetes? Don't believe everything you watch on tv bud. You go ask your grand mother, etc etc if they ever had high hdl and diabetes and all the other shit we have these days. They wouldn't have been frying cancerous oils or had low fat sugar filled yoghurt they would have been on all full fat dairy and butter etc.. The healthiest generation.

because like most things diabetes isnt as simple as to much sugar equals diabetes , the total lack of carbs(sugars) means the body is forced to break down muscle and to it into sugar , was a bbc doco so think its not full of shit

because like most things diabetes isnt as simple as to much sugar equals diabetes , the total lack of carbs(sugars) means the body is forced to break down muscle and to it into sugar , was a bbc doco so think its not full of shit

whhhhhhhat!? Lol. Diabetes is a mineral deficiency. nothing to do with sugar( of course you can have to much)or muscle break down. You get your 90 for life mate you ain't gonna get diabetes. So, ok he got diabetes being deficit. So what?

That's absolute nonsense it's the elderly that have the major health problems like diabetes not the young people.

Ofcourse, statistically speaking there are a lot of pacific islanders etc that eat complete sugar and fat garbage and skew the data. Ofcourse nobody will point their ethnicity out under the pretense of it being 'racist' (when it's true) and political correctness etc.

Indians are also a risk group that suffer from many inherited ilnesses here without actually having a bad diet at all. "you are what you eat" - unless your indian then you get heart disease etc regardless. The absolute epitome of a shit gene pool.

But nobody will cull their ever growing population because of progressivism and political correctness lol.

i watched a doco on sky the other night were twin brothers who are doctors done a study, one done high fat no sugars and other done high sugar no fat,

end result both lost weight most of weight they lost was muscle, one on high fat no sugar was one steep away from type 2 diabetes,

moral of the doco, cutting one thing out of diet or eating heaps of one thing is stupid as eating eggs and only eggs, wether you are cutting or bulking, just wanting to trim up or get strong as an ox you need to be hitting your macros and getting a good amount of essential vitamins    

You're probably confused and the twin that did high sugar no fat was pre-diabetes

That's absolute nonsense it's the elderly that have the major health problems like diabetes not the young people.

Ofcourse, statistically speaking there are a lot of pacific islanders etc that eat complete sugar and fat garbage and skew the data. Ofcourse nobody will point their ethnicity out under the pretense of it being 'racist' (when it's true) and political correctness etc.

Indians are also a risk group that suffer from many inherited ilnesses here without actually having a bad diet at all. "you are what you eat" - unless your indian then you get heart disease etc regardless. The absolute epitome of a shit gene pool.

But nobody will cull their ever growing population because of progressivism and political correctness lol.

Indians ? Really here I was thinking coconut cream and currys were great. Also I think India is home to oldest living people.

Ngapuhi, only peer reviewed studies and a constant trend of data show's viable evidence. Anactotes from certain individuals is most likley them trying to make money, kind of like the waitangi claims process and tribunal eh?

nope the twin doctors were surprised that the high fat diet had this result, wish i could remember the expernation behind why it happed

How long were they on the diet? were they isocaloric? Was energy expenditure matched? So many variables and such a small sample size to conclude anything from that doco. My suspicion would be that as the guy on the high fat diet lost weight the increase in circulating fatty acids along with increased consumption of fat resulted in competitive inhibition of the oxidation of carbohydrate (randle cycle) and therefore lowered insulin sensitivity and hyperglycaemia, suggesting diabetes. This can take months to even out and insulin sensitivity to lower. It doesn't mean a high fat diet gives you diabetes

How long were they on the diet? were they isocaloric? Was energy expenditure matched? So many variables and such a small sample size to conclude anything from that doco. My suspicion would be that as the guy on the high fat diet lost weight the increase in circulating fatty acids along with increased consumption of fat resulted in competitive inhibition of the oxidation of carbohydrate (randle cycle) and therefore lowered insulin sensitivity and hyperglycaemia, suggesting diabetes. This can take months to even out and insulin sensitivity to lower. It doesn't mean a high fat diet gives you diabetes

sorry if i implied a high fat diet will give everyone typ 2, the point i was trying to make is cutting just one thing from your diet to get shreeded or fit is stupid, lossing weight and being healthier to for the average person is about making small changes to multiple aspects of your diet,

following a no carbs diet` or no fat diet or an eggs only diet may lead to weight loss in the short term but more likely to cause harm in the long term 

sorry if i implied a high fat diet will give everyone typ 2, the point i was trying to make is cutting just one thing from your diet to get shreeded or fit is stupid, lossing weight and being healthier to for the average person is about making small changes to multiple aspects of your diet,

following a no carbs diet` or no fat diet or an eggs only diet may lead to weight loss in the short term but more likely to cause harm in the long term

of course no one advised anyone to do this. We all need our macros. Vits and mins.

LMAO. I think your referring to me when you speak about the eggs. This is going to haunt me for the rest of life. You guys just ain't gonna let it go, aye. Anyhow, I saw the doco and It was an eye-opener for me. Diabetes runs in our family. My brother got type 2 diabetes at 25. American scientists believe that diabetes will be an epidemic. Some even suggest that it will be on par with the obesity epidemic one day.