PHAT CAMP '06 - Jenny Hendershott in Auckland

Colosseum

JENNY HENDERSHOTT IS COMING TO AUCKLAND

PHAT CAMP DOWNUNDER '06 - 31 March to 2 April

What is a Phat Camp?

When you hear the name Jenny Hendershott you think of a super fit lady with a killer body, flipping and tumbling across the Olympia stage and taking credit for some of the best and most talked about routines in the World - but did you know that she also runs very special fitness camps designed for women called “PHAT CAMPSâ€

post-369-14166816811858_thumb.jpg

post-369-14166816811907_thumb.jpg

post-369-14166816811948_thumb.jpg

post-369-14166816811989_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

:D Hi Everyone, just an update on Jen...

She won the 2005 Fitness Olympia so is now the CHAMP!

So the MUSASHI PHAT CAMP is run now by one of the top competitive athletes in the sport.. so it is a real honour to have her presence in New Zealand. Remember you never stop learning.. so what a fantastic opportunity!

Many thanks to the ladies that have already signed up, it is going to be a fantatic weekend and so happy that the camp is going to have so many wonderful and energetic women attending. It will be a great support group and I am sure we will all become fast friends. Lisa of Go Figure and Vanessa of Colosseum Gym are proud to offer their time and efforts in making this a really great event for all involved.

Here is a few words from Jen herself....

Is Phat Camp right for you?

Phat camp is a camp designed for women who want to learn about being the best they can be. Train with Fitness International Champion 2005, Jen Hendershott. For 3 years Jen has dominated the world with her knowledge and excitement for life through the creation of Phat Camp. 2006 will mark her fourth year of opportunities to helping women all over the world. You will work one on one for 2 1/2 days with the ever so popular Jen. During this time with Jen she will go over creative ways to make cardio more fun, you will learn exciting new exercises, and so many great ways to eat and cook healthy. Learn things you didn't know and get your questions answered by a professional. Simply, find motivation and confidence by attending a Phat Camp. Leave the weekend ready to conquer the world. There is so much to learn. There are seminars, weeks of training programs for you to take home, and memories to last a life time. This is the ONLY place you can go for a weekend and share the same interests with women of your kind. Don't worry the drama is left at the door and this is NOT a competition. You will love Phat Camp! Come enjoy this amazing experience with the most humble woman in the sport of fitness.

How do you know you are eligiable for a Phat Camp?

• You must be a woman between the ages of 18-60.

• You can be either a NON-Competitor or Competitor.

• You must want to improve your physical and mental self.

• You must be prepared to learn, listen, and share.

• You must come ready to have a great time.

BEWARE?

There are a lot of people who hosts camps. Beware, they are not all the same. Phat Camp is unique and was generated by Jen herself. Research before choosing a camp that is right for you. Phat Camp loves women looking to lose weight, put on muscle, women who are considering competiting, or women who do compete. IF you are not sure if this camp is for you email your concerns to Jen's assistant Heather Bear at bearclaw@seidata.com. She will point you in the right direction. :D

The Naming Rights Sponsor is MUSASHI - so many thanks to them.

Colosseum Gym is giving away a free gym sportsbag valued at $49.95 to every camper... and it is full of free giveaways and goodies from our generous Bronze Sponsors who are:

- Proactive Nutrition (free product sample/discount)

- NZ Fitness Magazine (look out for Jan issue with Jen on the cover! - free mags!)

- Pharmasports (free protein powder for raffle/prizegiving)

- Phil Kabakoff Enterprises (Tanning productss)

- Exile Hair Design (tote bags, discount vouchers, and free product samples)

- Bodysculpt (free product samples, discount vouchers)

- RubyWax (home of the Brazilian) - free beauty therapy products

- Camp Eden Health Retreat (a health retreat in NSW, and they have offered a free 7 day stay to giveaway per camp)

- FitnessLife Magazine (free magazine)

- Hawaiian Tropic (free sunscreen product)

- The Tanning Lounge (2 x free sunbeds per camper/discount vouchers)

- RNC Results Nutrition Centre (free product, discount vouchers)

So what a great package! Lots of extra goodies for all the ladies.

Once more, don't forget to purchase your Jan issue of New Zealand Fitness Magazine for a full story on Jen.

Over and out, your host at Colosseum Gym, Vanessa. :wink:

• 2 months later...
Is it full or too late to sign up?

The camp is getting close to full numbers - only a few places left.

The final close off date is 20 February.

To sign up and find out more info please visit

http://www.getphatwithjen.com

It is going to be a super exciting weekend.. the Phoenix Camp was a huge success. A forum page for the Camps is also starting soon on Jen's homesite

http://www.jennyh.com

More info on sample itinearary/timings etc available on the go figure website, go to Competition Central page and click on the Phat Camp Banner

http://www.gofigure.co.nz

If you haven't been to the host facility yet, and want to see more info on where it is being held please feel free to visit our website at Colosseum Gym:

http://www.colosseum.co.nz

Thanks for your inquiry - hope you can come along! :)

Thats great thanks :grin:

That's a pleasure Fitchick, anything I can do to help or offer any advice/answers to your questions please dont hesitate to ask - all different kinds of ladies from all over NZ are attending, not just the superfit, from absolute beginners, ladies that want some motivation, will be a great group and many friends will be made. Plus meeting Ms Olympia will be a buzz, so if you do attend please bring your camera, as it will be the perfect opportunity to get photos with Jen and all the other campers. Something different for us kiwis, and we are happy to support it 100%. :D

post-369-14166817051911_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

TWO WOLVES

One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a debate that goes on inside people.

He said, "My son, the battle is between 2 "wolves" inside us all.

One is Evil. It is anger, envy, jealousy,sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.

The other is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith."

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "Which wolf wins?"

The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."

Testimonial - Tom Terry

Hi Lon and Vanessa! - Just a few words to congratulate you on establishing a first class gym, equal in hygiene, equipment, organisation and environment to any that I have visited in 43 years in the industry.

You have an excellent membership who are committed to personal improvement whilst enjoying themselves and respecting each individuals aspirations.

Winners in all aspects of life are emerging every day at the Colosseum. It is truly inspirational.

Regards Tom Terry

IFBB INTERNATIONAL JUDGE

Testimonial - Hamish Carter - Olympian Gold Medalist

Thanks so much for the life time memberships (gifted to Hamish and his wife after he won Gold at the 2004 Olympic Games) and support prior to the Games. Not back into training just yet, but I will catch up when I am.

Testimonial - LISA CAMERON - NZ Figure Champion

My name is Lisa Cameron. I first approached Lon to be my Personal Trainer in November 2002. He was recommended to me by my nutritionist (Alison Rainbow or RNC Nutrition) as an expert in mass training. I am a competitive Figure athlete, moving into Body fitness division - which requires a fuller physique.

I am a Personal Trainer myself, and so probably quite critical when it comes to choosing and staying with a trainer. Since day one with Lon I felt inspired his passion and diverse knowledge for the fitness industry and training principles. One of the first things I picked up on with Lon was his desire to impart all his knowledge to help me become a better athlete. He has taught me a lot about the mental approach to training as well as the physical one. Armed with a book to read after my first session and a detailed email on training principles waiting for me when I got home I new I was with a winner who could teach me a lot and help me achieve my goals.

I live 1 & 1/2 hours north of Auckland, so regular sessions are not possible. When I am coming to Auckland I book in with Lon and look forward to a gruelling one on one. I am achieving my goal of gaining lean muscle as well as learning as I go. Lon recently wrote me a detailed approach and training programme for my build up to the Nationals. I read the notes at the start of each week as there is so much to gain from his insight.

Another bonus of training with Lon is it is like a package deal! Vanessa is always there with a smiling face and words of encouragement. Not to mention follow up emails and words of inspiration from a fellow competitor. Again, the mental as well as physical approach to training. A walking advertisement for a healthy lifestyle and always willing to share her knowledge and time.

I always find Colosseum Gym itself a motivational place to train. I love the many inspirational sayings around the gym and in the changing rooms. Also the notice board in the entrance, one look at the photos is enough to encourage anyone to get in there and lift a dumbbell! A huge amount of time has obviously gone into creating an educational and positive environment.

I count myself lucky to have found Lon and Vanessa to help me achieve my goals. I would recommend them to anyone interested in gym training whether it be to tone up, compete or just improve their fitness levels. They have the knowledge and desire to help others. I count myself lucky to have them on my team in my build-up to the nationals.

Happy & productive training to everyone!

Lisa Cameron xx

Testimonial - Dr Chris Lucks - NZ Bodybuilding Champion

The Colosseum is the only gym I know where the owners really care about their members goals.

Lon and Vanessa see to it that everyone gets what they came for each and every workout. They provide expert training and nutritional advice with a friendly and personal service.

I know that Lon and Vanessa are in this business for all of the right reasons and it shows.

Thanks guys!

Dr Chris Lucks

Chiropractor and NSA Practitioner

Testimonial - Ali Gascoine - NZ Powerlifting Record Breaker/Champion & NZ/International Figure/Bodybuilding Champion

Hi Lon, I want to say a very huge thanks to you for my recent success in the sport of powerlifting!

If you had told me this time last year that I would soon be holding NZ and Oceania records in powerlifting I would have laughed at you (oh, that's right I do laugh at you don't I!), but here I am with the squat, deadlift and overall total records after a couple of recent sucessful competitions - the North Island Champs and the NZ Nationals.

I've always been open minded about trying new things - but putting on those damn awful powerlifting suits (which are so ugly and hurt!) and lifting a weight that is 3 times as heavy as me - what was I thinking?!

But your expert training, total focus and amazing encouragement and belief in me (even in the short amount of time we had to prepare for the nationals) was what got me to where I am now. You are so passionate about what you teach and there is no way I would have been crazy enough to attempt, and succeed with the weights that I have lifted - both in training and in competition.

You go way beyond what a personal trainer does because of your love for this sport and I am truly grateful for this.

I am going to have a wee break from the sport now and let my scars heal!! But then I want to get back into the sport and do even better! Maybe I can learn to benchpress like a powerlifter!

Also, thanks so much to Vanessa and Sooty for the wonderful support too!

Kind regards, Ali Gascoine

Testomonial - Glenda Jones

Hi Vanessa and Lon, Having joined Colosseum Gym recently, I am so impressed! It is the first gym I have come across that is so clean and tidy. The changing room facilities are excellent and I just love also the literature and photos that are put around, both informative and inspiring. It displays Vanessa and Lon's commitment and passion for their business and the fitness industry itself.

With a gym of such a high standard and a corresponding training programme, (Dushan thanks for your motivation!) I know I will be achieving my goals no problem!

Kind regards, Glenda

Glenda Jones

Collings Associates

Testomonial - Karen S. Martyn

Dear Vanessa & Lon - I live in Wellington and after a query to Vanessa (which she personally answered in the most thoughtful way), she added me to your newsletter list. It is terrific! Inspirational!

Thank you both for sharing your wisdom and expertise so generously.

Sincerely

Karen S. Martyn

Khandallah

Wellington

Bodyworks Gym

Trainer: Phily Nuku

Testimonial - Alicia Lim

Colosseum Gym is the only gym I've ever been to where you get personal touch from the owners themselves. Positive gym, clean atmosphere, great equipment, great members, and most importantly, awesome owners who really care about their members!

In 2001, a personal trainer at a gym told me that I would need to train for 5 years before I could compete. After meeting Vanessa, I know that PT is WRONG! And here I am today, under 5 years, training for my first competition at Colosseum Gym.

So, if you ever dreamt of competing but not sure where to start, come check out Colosseum Gym and meet the owners! That's where you start! That's where you get support, advice, encouragement and tips! That's where you find enjoyment and fun in training, dieting and of course doing routine!!

Testimonial - Donna Whelan

Dear Lon & Vanessa - Thank you so much for all the support and encouragement during my time at Colosseum Gym.

Your positive attitude has made a difference. I believe in myself now and am so determined to achieve my goals.

The time has come for me to move on, but I will remember my time here fondly - it has been a time of change and transition.

I am going to succeed! You have helped me believe that I can.

Sincere Regards - Donna Whelan

(March Member of the Month).

Testimonial - Judi Busch

The past few days I've been trying to figure out why, after five years of going to two other gyms in Auckland, I've achieved more in the last six weeks of joining the Colosseum!!! Was it?

1. The protein powder I've enjoyed every morning (in the past I skipped breakfast)...

2. The food plan Vanessa helped me put together and yummy recipes easy to throw together (and not sneering at my naughty treats)

3. The programme Vanessa very carefully gave me with extra tips on posture, squeezing and breathing - no other gym had educated me in

4. The enthusiasm, friendship, easy parking, top notch equipment, fresh air and clean environment.

I guess all of that is a good part of it, but the big plus is that Lon and Vanessa are professionals. This is their business, their love and their dream.

When you join the Colosseum you have that commitment from them not 50 staff who come and go throughout the day and eventually disappear altogether. The other gyms I paid my membership and then became a part of a mass lost!

Colosseum Gym is a Real Gym with Real Management!

I feel confident and most important, I know Lon and Vanessa want me to succeed - so I will!!!

Judi Busch

(size 14, going on 16.. now size 12!!!)

Testimonial - Kylie Brassell-Dellow - Auckland Figure Champion

When I first joined the Colosseum Gym I was a weak and under developed woman, there was nothing particularly spectacular about me, but I really wanted to feel different, be different and stand out. I knew that to do this something radical had to happen. The first goal I set was to become stronger, my husband was joining the police force and he had to under go a fitness test. I decided to train with him, unfortunately I couldn't even do one press up, and after two minutes of running I was knackered. I thought to myself how could a girl like me, who had been brought up on a farm knowing what a hard days work is all about, suddenly lose all interest in self worth and strength.

When I first started attending the gym, I noticed that Lon and Vanessa Alexander the owners of the gym were always on hand and offering advice. I also noticed that they had a wall of fame, a whole wall in the gym dedicated to people who had achieved their goals.

There were a number of bodybuilders men and women who looked awesome, and I was awe struck. I remember looking at the wall one day thinking to myself, I would love to be up there. After talking to Vanessa about what I would have to do to make it onto the wall, I set my first goal. I don't think I realized how much this goal would change my life, and my whole way of thinking. The body is so amazing, when you start looking after it, feeding and maintaining it properly, it reciprocates right back. One of the most important elements in competing in a Bodybuilding competition is a nutritional programme (diet) I don't like saying the word diet, because of it's negative connotations, so I like to say nutritional programme, because that is exactly what it is! Vanessa suggested that I see Alison Rainbow (RNC Nutrition) for nutritional advice, she is definitely an expert in this field, as I soon found out.

Once I had my nutrition sorted out, the next hurdle was training. I currently study full time at Auckland University as well as working full time, so it was going to be a mission to train as well, but I think the important issue here, is that you have to set priorities. What is it that you really want! If you want it bad enough then it will happen. I sort advice from Vanessa on a training programme, one that would best suit my ultimate goal in gaining and shaping muscles, and I was away, or so I thought. There were a number of times when I didn't understand why I was feeling so emotional, or why I wasn't getting the results fast enough, and every time I came to Vanessa for advice she was a tower of strength. Having been through it before she could totally empathize about how I was feeling, with a positive nudge here and a word of advice there, she would always set me on the straight and narrow.

All that was left was to sort out the dance routine and posing, what a challenge. Knowing that I was in good hands (under the guidance of Vanessa), and that I loved dancing, I was really looking forward to learning a new dance routine. As it turned out, on the night my routine was fantastic, I wowed the judges as well as the audience. Entering and winning my first figure competition was absolutely incredible, the experience that I gained and what I learned about my body will stay with me for life.

Setting goals and achieving them is the best possible way to love life, and to love life is to live longer. Now I am aiming for the Nationals in November, it will amazing to get up on stage again and I know that the competition will be so much harder, but that makes it all worth while knowing that I am competing with the best in New Zealand.

- Kylie Brassell-Dellow.

TWO WOLVES

One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a debate that goes on inside people.

One is Evil. It is anger, envy, jealousy,sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.

The other is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith."

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "Which wolf wins?"

What exactly is the meaning of this supposed to be? Is it that you believe anyone who doesn't think you are the cat's pajamas is "feeding the wrong wolf", or have you just been spending too much time in the sun?

Just thought I'd weigh in with a comment about Vanessa & Lon from Colosseum gym. Since first contacting them about a year ago to host the NZ Phat Camp, they have been nothing but positive, enthuiastic and generous with their time and efforts - something NO OTHER GYM in New Zealand would be.

To the knockers out there how about this - you set-up and run your own fitness centre 7 days a week, put up with some less than perfect people coming thru your gym, work 16+ hours a day and remain positive and outgoing with your members - bet you don't last a week, let alone the time they have been going. Step up from being a wanna-be, then perhaps your message might have some meaning other than showing your envy

Since first contacting them about a year ago to host the NZ Phat Camp, they have been nothing but positive, enthuiastic and generous with their time and efforts - something NO OTHER GYM in New Zealand would be.

Woah, let's not get crazy now.

To the knockers out there how about this - you set-up and run your own fitness centre 7 days a week, put up with some less than perfect people coming thru your gym, work 16+ hours a day and remain positive and outgoing with your members - bet you don't last a week, let alone the time they have been going. Step up from being a wanna-be, then perhaps your message might have some meaning other than showing your envy

Good thing they aren't doing their service for free, right?

Someone mind clarifying what is meant by "bad service" in this context/case?

I have nothing against Colosseum Gym per se, but rather than justifying stuff regarding 'bad service' to members, it came down to quoting metaphorical bull and posting testimonials of 'high-ranked' athletes.

As far as im concerned even if only ONE member is unsatisfied with your service, whose obligation is it to do something about it? Afterall, the member is most likely paying YOU money for that service to begin with.

I'd also like to know whether Jenny Hendershott uses steroids, speed and other drugs to attain her look. I would guess that she does. If she does, then surely she would be one of the very last people you would want to conduct a course for non-doping women, except as a cynical marketing ploy. What do you have to say about this?

I'd also like to know whether Jenny Hendershott uses steroids, speed and other drugs to attain her look. I would guess that she does. If she does, then surely she would be one of the very last people you would want to conduct a course for non-doping women, except as a cynical marketing ploy. What do you have to say about this?

Is that not up to the women attending to decide?

Are you presuming that all female bodybuilders/figure in NZ are "non-doping"?

That's like saying Lee Priest shouldn't have given his seminar in Auckland because no male bodybuilders in NZ use gear. :roll:

Each to their own man.

Is that not up to the women attending to decide?

Yes, and this is giving them food for thought to help them decide. I'm guessing that most of them would be non-doping but might be tempted to believe that they could look like Jenny if they followed her workout. If Jenny does use drugs then this would likely not be the case and they'd be better off asking someone else.

That's like saying Lee Priest shouldn't have given his seminar in Auckland because no male bodybuilders in NZ use gear.

It depends on their motivation for attending his seminar. If they were non-users and believed that he was in a position to give them great training advice just because of his own physique, then most likely they shouldn't have attended. If they were just interested in what it is like to be pro bodybuilder or how they might go about it if they were juicers, then that would have made more sense. I took the "Phat Camp" advertised in this thread to be aimed more at the former group.

But whether they use steroids or not, surely the attendants of these seminars will or have learnt something that was helpful to their own training & diets?

• 5 training seminars (including nutrition, motivation and open Q & A)

• 5 weight training sessions (chest, back, arms, shoulders and legs)

• Private dinner and promo party with Jenny

• One on one training with Jenny

• Award presentation

• Clothing sales

• Raffle

• Weekend full of excitement, spending time with women that have the same interests

If you were a "non-doped" female Confed, do you think you would learn anything from the above? I don't see how taking steroids comes into play mate. Read the first post & look at the list of other people attending.

If you were a "non-doped" female Confed, do you think you would learn anything from the above? I don't see how taking steroids comes into play mate.

It is simple really. Presumably one of the reasons they are getting Jenny to do the seminar and not some average Joe/Jane Lifter off the street is that the attendees would assume that because Jenny has such a great physique herself then she must be privy to all manner of knowledge, great training ideas and motivational techniques. If she is a doper then this would not necessarily be the case. In fact, she would have less reason to pay attention to the finer points of training and diet than most people. (Of course she might have a lot of knowledge anyway, but so might anyone.) Hence those attending on the assumption that they would necessarily learn a lot from Jenny because of Jenny's physique would be misguided. Now do you understand?

I think that this thread is well off-track now, so to finish it off. Understand that Jenny is a FITNESS competitor, not a bodybuilder. I have personally known her for a few years and I know her stance on drugs. Yes there are many in the sport who use - but she is not one!

Come on Cornfed, you don't seriously think Jenny uses to get her physique - it's a technique called DIETING.

To all who attend the camp - you will see how she trains, learn how she diets, and yes, she will answer your questions frankly. As to why she is doing the camp - SHE IS MS. OLYMPIA, not just because of her physique, as there is alot more to her than that. Jenny is also privy to all manner of knowledge, great training ideas and motivational techniques as she has been in the sport for many a year, she is a qualified teacher, and quite frankly, one of the few pro competitors who is actually giving something back.

How about we wait til after the camp is over, and then you can speak to the campers and find out what they think, as that will be an informed opinion, not just wind blowing

TWO WOLVES

What exactly is the meaning of this supposed to be? Is it that you believe anyone who doesn't think you are the cat's pajamas is "feeding the wrong wolf", or have you just been spending too much time in the sun?

Good question. I'm still confused. The camp would have been good to go to though.