Question for JonD

Marcus

Jon sent his answer through to me by email, so I'll post it here:

I have a aggressive approach to post training supplementation. After talking with people like Milos Sarchev and John Bernadi to extremely knowledgable people and going though related studies, I dramatically changed my approach to Carbohydrate, Amino Acid and protein powder intake around my training sessions.

Now the Rex has had a name change it is now called the Creatine Recovery Stack so I will refer to it as CRS

After conversations with Milos I really cranked up my carbohydrate intake before, during and after training as well as my intake of essential amino acids and Branch chain AA. I now take in 25 gm of a mix of the CRS and 10 gm of essentials before training, 50 gm of the CRS mix with 5gm of bcaas during training and then 50 gm of the CRS mix with 5 gms bcaa and l glutimine after training. Wait 15mins and have a WPC and WPI blend ( The Whey ) comprising of 50 gm of protein. The improvements in recovery have been fantastic. Basically the theory behind it is that training increases you natural production of Growth hormone and Testostorone, it also increases anabolic activity. So by providing Simple forms of Carbohydrates and AA we can cause a flooding effect of nutrients in to the muscle at the time it can ultilise them the best. The flooding effect of carbs also increases insulin production. I wrote a articile call Post Training Nutrition which reference a study that show that you anabolic response is 400 times greater when Post training you provide carbs, AA and increase insulin. This should be available from any of our offices.

Now I weigh over 130 kg at the moment so I would suggest you modify this plan to suit you weight.

All the best

Jon d

RE: eating before and after training, i have found similar results, during training i drink ATCF a Leppin creatine transport formula with, creatine, ribose, ALA, phosphates, L-Glutamine, and dextrose, to this i add some Leppin Enduro Booster to bring the carbs up and i also add some Leppin Iso-Elite Whey Isolate as well.

All in all i get about 60 gm carbs while training, 20gm Protein, 5gm Creatine, 2 gm L-Glutamine as well as ALA and Ribose.

After training i repeat the dose but add more complex carbs in the form of Leppins carboloader product.

I have found that my recovery is much better than it has ever been, i have always been wary of eating to many carbs as i dont want to get to fat and also most sci research suggests exercise sub 60 mins doesnt require supplemental foods while training. However as JD noted your hormones go crazy during weight training so why not make the most of it!

I have found that if my nutrition around my training is perfect then my gains keep coming but as soon as my pre/during/post traning nutrition slackens off due to work and other commitments then so do my gains. I feel that if you can be 80% good during the day and a 110% good around your traninig you will see the gains. I cant empahsise enough how important your daily training nutrition should be....

just my 10 cents!