GPC TriNation

Rebel101

1 hour ago, Rebel101 said:

Thanks Realtalk, its the first powerlifting comp l have ever been to but there alwaus has to be a first time.

I know l dont stand a chance but at least l will see what its all about.

Why not! You might really enjoy it. One piece of advice if I may, being don’t set your first and second attempts too high. More importantly your first attempt on each lift. It’s a common sight to see first timers missing their first attempt then struggle to come back from that. And it can take the enjoyment out of the event for them. But I’m sure you have some good help in your corner. Have fun.

3 minutes ago, maccaz said:

those are strong openers. What are your best ever deadlift and bench?

Bench dont know for sure but l can train with up to 75 kgs, deadlift a couple of years ago l was doing working sets with 140 kgs but that was with straps to help me hold the weight.

5 hours ago, PETN said:

Did you not get an opener or something?

I was just saying l expect to come last, realistically l have not been training for this and l am totally inexperienced. 

I know how hard people train for this and respect their commitments, and l simply have not done the time.

There some weak af people who compete so doubt you’ll come last. Not everyone trains hard for it, some just want to do it cause they enjoy it which is totally fine. Same reason why not everyone is shredded at bodybuilding competitions, they don’t prepare as hard as others or with as much effort/sacrifice.

Powerlifting is easy. Generally speaking,  if you’re a good bodybuilder and train the right way then chances are you’re an above average powerlifter or if not it’s not difficult to become one with the right direction. If you’re a good strongman/woman well you’re probably going to be a very good powerlifter. 

13 hours ago, Realtalk said:

There some weak af people who compete so doubt you’ll come last. Not everyone trains hard for it, some just want to do it cause they enjoy it which is totally fine. Same reason why not everyone is shredded at bodybuilding competitions, they don’t prepare as hard as others or with as much effort/sacrifice.

Powerlifting is easy. Generally speaking,  if you’re a good bodybuilder and train the right way then chances are you’re an above average powerlifter or if not it’s not difficult to become one with the right direction. If you’re a good strongman/woman well you’re probably going to be a very good powerlifter. 

Hi Realtalk

Its an Open Class competition so every one is in same pool, at 60 l am probably the oldest in the competition and a new comer too, thats why l dont rate my chances.

10 hours ago, PETN said:

Yeah I don't know when the comp is. Thought you meant you'd done it and come last. You obviously won't come last unless you do something retarded. Lots of the females that do powerlifting aren't particularly strong.

Hi PETN 

Sunday competition.