Please review my training program and give advice

T3_

I'm very busy during the week so the days I'm going to commit myself are Mon, Thurs, Sun.

Mon: Chest & Back

• Barbell Bench Press – work up to a 5 rep max for the day
    • Set 1 at 50% – 1 set of 5 reps
    • Set 2 at 60% – 1 set of 5 reps
    • Set 3 at 70% – 1 set of 5 reps
    • Set 4 at 80% – 1 set of 5 reps
    • Set 5 at 90% – 1 set of 5 reps
    • Set 6 at 100% – 1 set of 5 reps
  • Incline Dumbbell Press – 3 sets of 6-8 reps
  • Dips – 3 sets of 6-10 reps
  • Pullups – 3 sets of 5-8 reps
  • Pendlay Rows – 3 sets of 6-10 reps
  • Pulldowns – 3 sets of 6-10 reps

Thurs: Shoulders & Arms

Sun: Back & Biceps

8 hours ago, trainlikeafreak said:

whats your goal? 

Gain muscle and lose fat. Main reason for training is to look good. 

I want to make sure that the program I'm doing is the best program to help me hit my goal rather than wasting a session by not using another program that could help me get to my goal faster. 

Cheers mate

3 hours ago, ratz99 said:

Not in any way trying to be rude mate but i wouldn't call those legs tank haha. Calves decent sure though.

Why don't you train legs? Just not into it?

Pretty good for someone who has never done legs  and been out of the gym for a few years lol 

Don't have enough time but once I start my cardio, legs takes care of it self. It's enough to get them looking good

3 hours ago, trainlikeafreak said:

Few things I’d change.

less sets per movement, more angles. So more exercises per large muscle group.

forget percentages... couple sets at 100% within your rep range will give you better results IF your intensity is right.

just train hard.

Can you please adjust my program, adding new exercises and number of sets. 

Cheers

29 minutes ago, T3_ said:

Can you please adjust my program, adding new exercises and number of sets. 

Cheers

He just did. He told you what he would do, read it and implement it yourself. Otherwise pay him to write you a program. Also there are free beginner programs online and on the forum. Don’t be lazy bro.

49 minutes ago, Realtalk said:

He just did. He told you what he would do, read it and implement it yourself. Otherwise pay him to write you a program. Also there are free beginner programs online and on the forum. Don’t be lazy bro.

Not trying to beer rude but I'm asking him not you. He's told me to add exercises and do less sets so I'm just asking him what he recommends because he has a wealth of knowledge. 

I'll prefer him making the decision to pay or not pay for his help. Not you 

You need to understand each muscle you are trying to hit. Don’t just pick say 4 random exercises for your back or chest and do them cause you think they’re good.

for example - when I am training my chest I’ll start with movements focussing on the top part of my chest and work down. Same goes for back, I might start with my Lats and slowly work into my middle traps etc.

if you want a program email me jordan@jordanearlfitness.com but otherwise use this info to improve on what you’re alrwady doing.

On 7/11/2018 at 3:55 PM, T3_ said:

Not trying to beer rude but I'm asking him not you. He's told me to add exercises and do less I'm just asking him what he recommends because he has a wealth of knowledge. 

I'll prefer him making the decision to pay or not pay for his help. Not you 

Flick me an email champ. I'll sort something out for you. I'm after a training partner as well so I'll teach you some good stuff

• 2 weeks later...

How flexible are your workout days?
Having heavy pulls on sunday and monday could be rough, and you may not get the performance/recovery you're after.

If you're 100% committed to that, it maybe wise shuffling the program to something like a upper body push, upper body pull, and sunday arms. Bicep isolation, medial delt, tricep isolation, abs, traps. and I'd say at least do some leg press or lunges, nothing hectic but something to keep those muscles mobile,  maybe some romanian deadlifts to swap out with another big pull exercise. 

On 22/11/2018 at 1:23 AM, Chemo said:

How flexible are your workout days?
Having heavy pulls on sunday and monday could be rough, and you may not get the performance/recovery you're after.

If you're 100% committed to that, it maybe wise shuffling the program to something like a upper body push, upper body pull, and sunday arms. Bicep isolation, medial delt, tricep isolation, abs, traps. and I'd say at least do some leg press or lunges, nothing hectic but something to keep those muscles mobile,  maybe some romanian deadlifts to swap out with another big pull exercise. 

Thanks so much for your response!

This is the program I'm doing now. Tuesday Thursday and Saturday is cardio. Weights on Mon, Wed and Fri. Because I do 4 sets per muscle group, I mix it up e.g for chest, I'll do dumbell bench press for 2 sets then incline bench press for 2 sets and for another muscle group I'll do the same exercise for 4 sets but change the exercise for the next workout session. What do you think of this program? Thanks!

Weights - mon, wed, fri

Cardio - Tues, Thurs, Sat

Dumbbell Bench Press
2-4 sets, 6-8 reps

Dumbbell Shoulder Press
2-4 sets, 6-8 reps

Bent Over Barbell Row
2-4 sets, 6-8 reps

Barbell Curl
2-4 sets, 6-8 reps

Tricep Push Down
2-4 sets, 6-8 reps

Decline Crunch
2-4 sets, 6-8 reps

Leg Press
2-4 sets, 6-8 reps

Standing Calf Raise
2-4 sets, 6-8 reps

Hey that looks good as man, good on ya for getting some leg work in.
So just to clarify  you'd be doing this, a full body 3x a week?

If so, be sure to track the fatigue levels and adjust amount of sets as needed. Full body splits are great, they can be a solution to greater overall weekly volume, but you gotta be disciplined with it. You're most likely not wanting to go to failure, otherwise the next session, which is only 2 days away can suffer. I find them hard for this reason, sometimes you're just feeling it and go hard, and then you simply cant perform well, or at all by the next session. 

One last thing I would personally suggest is some medial delt work, and reducing the sets on those isolation exercises.
You'd be getting good indirect bi and tri work from those big compounds, so you could prob just do with 2 sets of curls and tri ext. 
Like i mentioned above this just keeps the fatigue manageable, but over the week, you'll still be getting good iso work in.
And get in something like upright rows or side lateral raises for those side shoulders. 

Next thing to do is just try it man and see how it goes, that's a hell of a lot more complete than the original idea. 

Maybe something like the following will help you pick the amount of sets and frequency for the time you've got. 
https://renaissanceperiodization.com/hypertrophy-training-guide-central-hub/

59 minutes ago, Chemo said:

If so, be sure to track the fatigue levels and adjust amount of sets as needed. Full body splits are great, they can be a solution to greater overall weekly volume, but you gotta be disciplined with it. You're most likely not wanting to go to failure, otherwise the next session, which is only 2 days away can suffer. I find them hard for this reason, sometimes you're just feeling it and go hard, and then you simply cant perform well, or at all by the next session. 

One last thing I would personally suggest is some medial delt work, and reducing the sets on those isolation exercises.
You'd be getting good indirect bi and tri work from those big compounds, so you could prob just do with 2 sets of curls and tri ext. 
Like i mentioned above this just keeps the fatigue manageable, but over the week, you'll still be getting good iso work in.
And get in something like upright rows or side lateral raises for those side shoulders. 

Next thing to do is just try it man and see how it goes, that's a hell of a lot more complete than the original idea. 

Maybe something like the following will help you pick the amount of sets and frequency for the time you've got. 

I need help lol

1 hour ago, Chemo said:

What a legend! Thanks a ton for reviewing and giving me insight on what needs to be fixed. 

Yeah I'll be doing this full body workout Mon, Tues and Fri.

With fatigue levels, I have been going to failure. E.g with the DB Press I lift 35 kgs and fail at 6. I have about 1 minute and a half rest between sets but I think I have to change this because I start to lose technique on my exercises. 

Should I add add 2 sets of Arnold press and 2 sets of db side lateral raise on top of my db shoulder press for medial delt work because I'm dropping the sets for tris and bis?

Thanks!

Yeah I mean technique can fail, you might need to do less reps or drop weight the following set, but what I'm referring to is when you train hard, you need time and energy to recover. If you severely tax say shoulders on monday, it's unlikely that you'll perform well on Wednesday.

The benefit of full body, or programs which play with frequency, training muscles multiple times a week. Is you're attempting to get a higher amount of total work done over the week. Sets x reps x weight. Which should mean more progress. Progressive overload and what not. 
So when I say manage fatigue its more of a thing of not exhausting the muscle so much as you miss the next training session or just dont perform well on that day.

And yeah man just 3 sets of laterals or anything there will be good for developing the side delt. 
You could kind of just have a blank space to try whatever there too, depending on how much time you have and what you want to work on. 

20 hours ago, Chemo said:

Yeah I mean technique can fail, you might need to do less reps or drop weight the following set, but what I'm referring to is when you train hard, you need time and energy to recover. If you severely tax say shoulders on monday, it's unlikely that you'll perform well on Wednesday.

The benefit of full body, or programs which play with frequency, training muscles multiple times a week. Is you're attempting to get a higher amount of total work done over the week. Sets x reps x weight. Which should mean more progress. Progressive overload and what not. 
So when I say manage fatigue its more of a thing of not exhausting the muscle so much as you miss the next training session or just dont perform well on that day.

And yeah man just 3 sets of laterals or anything there will be good for developing the side delt. 
You could kind of just have a blank space to try whatever there too, depending on how much time you have and what you want to work on. 

Thanks mate!

I just finished my workout and i added laterals. I was lifting at a weight that was heavy for me and i was failing on some stress but I'm not feeling the feeling of soreness/being worked out that I felt in my muscles hours after my workout.

If I'm not feeling sore on the day or the following day, am I not pushing myself hard enough?

Nah that's fine man, give it 3 months, re-evaluate and pivot where you see fit. 
You don't, and probably shouldn't crush yourself on a full body split. Like I said above, its about managing a higher frequency and volume over the week, not destroying a muscle group in one sitting. 

Good luck man!