NZ's bodybuilding, strength and fitness community
Sign in to follow this  
sendit

Clen - AKL?

Hey team, currently on the gym grind again after finishing uni gaining 10-12kg by poor life choices. From August I have currently lost about 7-8 kg from eating better and training 3-5 times a week, but still haven't really seen much of a change in my body. Am still carryin a bit of a gut and round chest little bit of man-boob goodness.  Am about 6 foot, and sitting at 104kg. I'm wanting to drop to about 90. Apart from being in a calorie deficit/eating clean and training hard, what are some other ways to really boost up this process? Is clen a viable option? Is it accessible?

Currently habing 1500-2000 calories done. (fair estimate) - not tracking 100%

12 hours ago, sendit said:

Hey team, currently on the gym grind again after finishing uni gaining 10-12kg by poor life choices. From August I have currently lost about 7-8 kg from eating better and training 3-5 times a week, but still haven't really seen much of a change in my body. Am still carryin a bit of a gut and round chest little bit of man-boob goodness.  Am about 6 foot, and sitting at 104kg. I'm wanting to drop to about 90. Apart from being in a calorie deficit/eating clean and training hard, what are some other ways to really boost up this process? Is clen a viable option? Is it accessible?

Currently habing 1500-2000 calories done. (fair estimate) - not tracking 100%

Don't even bother touching Clen till you're like 10 or 11% bf, waste of time. Even then It will make f*ck all difference, you can't beat a good diet. Those calories sustained for a long period of time + exercising seem kind of low for your weight, but I don't know much of your stats or history etc. Basically If you diet too long  and too much of a deficit you can slow down your weight loss. 

Track those calories a little more accurately. If you've been in sustained deficit for a while and feeling depleted etc eat at maintenance levels for like a week. Then go back to your diet.

Once you get lower bf have a refeed day like once a week, that's what I do anyway. Keeps the weight loss going. Don't go pigging out and eating shit food all day though. 

Very vague guide but if you research refeeds etc you'll see what I mean.

Cheers dude!

I'm thinking about purchasing some supplements, thinking about a good natural protein and some bcaa's.. Should I get anything else?

What Ratz says about clen is spot on. The difference is negligible, IMO.

Same thing with supps. Stick to a basic protein, and maybe a multivitamin and creatine. It all you need (and really all that works!)

Focus on the diet and training - that's where your results will come from.

13 hours ago, sendit said:

Cheers dude!

I'm thinking about purchasing some supplements, thinking about a good natural protein and some bcaa's.. Should I get anything else?

I agree with Pseudonym here, Don't buy the BCAA's. Absolute waste of money. So sick of my mates at the gym wanking on to me about their BCAA tub they bought lmao.

Use that to buy vitamins or good food. 

If you’re not tracking your food you have no business even considering introducing a fat burning drug. Track your food. Be consistent. Do cardio. Unless you’re trying to get shredded from head to toe clen shouldn’t cross the mind, just do all the basics and be patient