NZ's bodybuilding, strength and fitness community
Sign in to follow this  
siddhant1991

Question about Stronglift programme

Im a newbie, I was thinking to do a dumbbell only programme but Im sorta confused atm. I know barbell training is superior but is stronglifts the best programme to do if you want an asthetic bulky body? I also read about fierce 5 which seems to have more excercises.

how long can a begginner run stronglifts?

stop thinking, start doing. doesnt matter what you do at this point.

stronglifts 5x5 is a good one, i ran it for like 6 months, got a lot stronger quickly

did you gain the intended size? Im thinking of getting a trainer to spot me lol, alot of my barbell fears are due to not having a spotter. But I dont know if a trainer will accept me doing a plan thats not his and do my own stuff. All the trainers Ive worked with have me squatting, benching and overhead pressing once a week. I did gain little strength but no where near the amount of what i hear people achieving with programs like stonglifts and starting strength. Like I got my bench up to 145 for 5 in like 8 months of training regularly and eating at maintenance (skinny fat here :/ )

16 hours ago, siddhant1991 said:

did you gain the intended size? Im thinking of getting a trainer to spot me lol, alot of my barbell fears are due to not having a spotter. But I dont know if a trainer will accept me doing a plan thats not his and do my own stuff. All the trainers Ive worked with have me squatting, benching and overhead pressing once a week. I did gain little strength but no where near the amount of what i hear people achieving with programs like stonglifts and starting strength. Like I got my bench up to 145 for 5 in like 8 months of training regularly and eating at maintenance (skinny fat here :/ )

yes

with the program you are starting very very light, so you dont need a spotter. as you work up and it gets a bit harder, you could always ask people in the gym for a spot, or use safeties.

if you want a trainer, ask around for recommendations for a good one. someone on here can recommend someone. 

What's your exact address bro?

Also stop being a pussy.

No one who's not retarded needs a faggy program.

Hiring a PT to spot you is retarded.

What I do if I want someone to help me lift the bar if I get pinned is ask someone "hey if you see me pinned can you come help me lift the bar off myself or failing that strip the weights evenly from the bar". Bonus is the cunts can't touch the bar like some seem to think I want. Otherwise just bench without clips then worst case scenario you just tilt the bar and dump the plates off one side then the other side will self dump then, after some noise you're sweet.

Hope this helps you not be such a sooky f*ck.

On 5/31/2018 at 3:43 PM, PETN said:

\Also stop being a pussy.

No one who's not retarded needs a faggy program.

Hiring a PT to spot you is retarded.

Hope this helps you not be such a sooky f*ck.

So many fucking Beta cuckolds these days eh