Starting bodybuilding

Deevoh

Hi guys, 

I'm new to this whole thing. Before I start I'm 25yrs, 5ft8 and 73kg from Aucks. 

I have an athletic build and muscle comes pretty easy for me. But I want to start bodybuilding and just wanted to know where I start? 

Like for a beginner there is so much stuff to consider. Routines, meal plans/dietary intakes etc.  I have done some research, but googling anything with bodybuilding takes you to those shitty supplement sites that don't help what so ever. 

Also don't hesitate to ask questions about me to get a better understanding of me.  

Do yourself a favour and spend some money on a couple of sessions with a really good pt. Make sure you're performing your basics properly. It's hard to teach yourself and takes time to learn how to engage anything. You can take the guesswork out with some help. Everything else you work out with some effort. 

40 minutes ago, fortnightpayday said:

I started working out an have seen noticeable gains how ever they are not preferred gains that i have been going for in the time period iv'e spent working out i was wondering if it is possible to speed up gains?.

Yeah I was lying in bed last night tossing and turning and not able to sleep wondering this too. Be good if there was some random group of drugs or something with an anabolic effect if you took them and let you gain muscle faster.

3 hours ago, PETN said:

Yeah I was lying in bed last night tossing and turning and not able to sleep wondering this too. Be good if there was some random group of drugs or something with an anabolic effect if you took them and let you gain muscle faster.

gee the sarcasm haha

• 2 months later...

Hey guys dont mean to hijack this thread but im also wanting to get into bodybuilding but 2 months ago did a bodyfat scan and was 27% and weight was 93 kgs.since then ive dropped to 85 kgs and have been doing high set ,high rep training 6 days a week as well as 20-40 minutes cardio every morning before breakfast and have been eating pritty clean,less than 100g carbs/day kinda keto diet.My question is should i get my bodyfat way down before begining a clean bulking cycle,what % would you recomend?id like to bulk this winter but obviously if ive still got alot of fat to loose i wont be lol

Hey man, welcome to Gymnation.

On 09/04/2017 at 6:10 PM, Mr_hyde said:

My question is should i get my bodyfat way down before begining a clean bulking cycle,what % would you recomend?

That's really up to you. Personally, I feel best at (or under) about 12%.

To be honest though, I wouldn't really worry about doing a "bulk" exactly... maybe slowly increase your carbs a bit, but don't go for an all-out bulk. If you're just starting out, you'll still be gaining muscle anyway - enjoy the newbie gainz! :-D

Unless by "bulking cycle", you are talking about throwing steroids into the mix too. In which case: 
1) Don't. Learn how to train and eat properly first.

2) Get your BF% much lower before you start. You'll have fewer side effects, and you'll actually be able to see the results.