NZ's bodybuilding, strength and fitness community
Sign in to follow this  
Invictus

Training / Partner / BJJ Teach Fundamentals

Hi Gym Nation Members 

Im wanting to learn BJJ Fundamentals i have a gym access in Panmure on Tuesday and Thursday between 7pm untill  9pm , is there anybody who would be interested in teaching me . 

Please advise cost and your skill history 

You can text me direct 

Please let me know 

thanks 

Maverick 

021 1936 300

Van and Hamish both do PT sessions, although when starting BJJ its much better to start in a class so that the coach can show you what you are doing wrong. Its much more difficult for them to explain the fundamentals when they are trapped under you, can't see where you're positioned or chocking you etc..

to improve at BJJ you need to roll with other people, and being a fish white belt rolling with a brown belt isn't much fun. 

i agree with the above , i have been training with a guy from Mexico , he has shown me a lot and i have now entered a class and yes the prior lessons i learnt via a 1 on 1 helped me with been comfortable with the ground position and some insight into basic does and dont's on the matt . I have booked for a trip to Thailand to do a 3 week training program which i have 8 weeks to train . Have sorted my diet protein and carb intake and cut all processed food out the door . Further, have got the supplements sorted which has made a major change in my ability to increase my stamina and recovery period. 

I welcome any input on my  training moving forward 

Thanks