UFC and positive tests

Realtalk

5 minutes ago, HarryB said:

All valid :) it's a circus. But in defence of the Lesnar being brought in they've brought guys into cards before to replace people at very short notice and waived procedures. 

And the winner by KO Is.....UFC.

7 minutes ago, perform.nz said:

Wow Harry i hadn't heard about the GHRP6 thats interesting because i'd always thought the half life was slow brief it was near imposiible to be caught unless it was with a day at absolute most. But thats most likely bro science!

Yeah I had kind of thought the same thing. It was Chad Mendez who got caught for it. 

1 hour ago, Skeletor said:

Tested sports are all a joke to me now anyway with people always finding ways to pass tests and beat the system. Guys using performance enhancers saying they are clean and putting down others who get caught then getting caught themselves years later as new technology finds them positive.  

I think there have been 395ish drug tests done in the ufc since usada came on board and they have been 9 or 10 positive tests. The positive tests are big name fighters too. The testing regime they are putting them through is pretty hard to beat. Probably better than random testing as they are served notice 4 months prior to s fight so to speak to provide samples or samples are taken during that time leading up to the fight. 

Does anyone know why the ufc aligned themselves with usada? Did the Nevada athletic commission make them? I cant see it being because the fans pressured it to happen lol.

The UFC was just sold for $ 4 Billion.

The Fertitta brothers and later Dana White bought the UFC for $2million as an investment.

Last year Reebok were bought in as uniform sponsor so fighters would look more professional. USADA were brought in to provide the most stringent drug testing possible and so it was not done inhouse.

Why? To increase the legitimacy of their company as the premier MMA league so it could receive a higher sale price.

Simple, and it worked. 

ESPN dropped World's Strongest Man for Crossfit after a drug testing policy was refused.  Corporate types care for that sort of thing even if you all don't.

One of the key arguments in favour of testing has been the legal implications of an Octagon death if a fighter is on AAS. It's not been tested in court, but Joe Rogan (who himself uses TRT) says it's part of the reasoning behind testing.

Another thing not mentioned is that in the USA (not Brazil), the UFC puts on events with sanctioning from State Athletic Commissions. Having drug testing is part of the deal. 

Go watch 'Trt' Vitor Belfort fighting Luke Rockhold compared to his fight with Jacare Souza recently.

The spirit of the exemption to the 4 month USADA testing protocol was for the UFC to be able to find replacement opponents on short notice. 

For example, Cro-Cop needed an opponent on days notice in Australia. Anthony Perosh stepped up to take the beating on like 2 days notice. Without the exemption the bout would have been cancelled.

However it then got used to bring obviously juiced, Lesnar, in to fight Hunt. The UFC was sold 2 days later. No surprises it was just a cash-in.

14 hours ago, Wookie said:

The spirit of the exemption to the 4 month USADA testing protocol was for the UFC to be able to find replacement opponents on short notice. 

For example, Cro-Cop needed an opponent on days notice in Australia. Anthony Perosh stepped up to take the beating on like 2 days notice. Without the exemption the bout would have been cancelled.

However it then got used to bring obviously juiced, Lesnar, in to fight Hunt. The UFC was sold 2 days later. No surprises it was just a cash-in.

Well I think before we say obviously juiced we need to hear what he got popped for. My understanding from youtube is he got done for clomid. Not a steroid but assumed to be a pct substance. Truth is while it's a pretty good indication of prior steroid use you wouldn't necessarily have used steroids to use clomid. It's also one of the things Jones got done for. That and letrozole apparently I'm Jones case. 

I feel like the USADA thing was to try and increase legitimacy to the UFC making it a more attractive buy so a money grab in one sense but yeah isn't everything about being a money grab? 

Dude- I know he's probably getting popped for PCT. I mean"obviously juiced" in the sense that he fails the natty eye test. 

9 minutes ago, HarryB said:

I feel like the USADA thing was to try and increase legitimacy to the UFC making it a more attractive buy so a money grab in one sense but yeah isn't everything about being a money grab? 

That's exactly what it was. We don't think the Fertitta's just got into owning the UFC because they were fight fans?

True story: Lorenzo has been involved in Las Vegas politics, and actually voted against sanctioning the UFC under it's founding owners. He then swooped in, bought it for a bargain and transformed it. Shrewd. 

Marks lost the plot and just making himself look like a dick. Said he was gonna knock out Brock  (which I wanted him to) but he got owned.  Still got a whopping pay for it and now he's just being your typical sore loser, couldn't win so he's packing a sad with the entire UFC and acting like a girl popping cheap comments at the guy who handed him his ass.  Unprofessional.  Lost all respect for him.

12 hours ago, Skeletor said:

Marks lost the plot and just making himself look like a dick. Said he was gonna knock out Brock  (which I wanted him to) but he got owned.  Still got a whopping pay for it and now he's just being your typical sore loser, couldn't win so he's packing a sad with the entire UFC and acting like a girl popping cheap comments at the guy who handed him his ass.  Unprofessional.  Lost all respect for him.

The guy is constantly fighting cheaters, i say good on him.

That rant with Ariel was fucking awesome but i wonder what jesus would have thought about it :ph34r:

12 hours ago, Skeletor said:

Sounds a little like someone a bit closer to home.

Minus the whopping pay of course.

1 hour ago, Bruce Al said:

The guy is constantly fighting cheaters, i say good on him.

That rant with Ariel was fucking awesome but i wonder what jesus would have thought about it :ph34r:

I messaged him about that. He asked me to come train with him for the 1st Bigfoot fight so had a small connection. He didn't read it. 

50 minutes ago, Bruce Al said:

I dont get what you mean by didnt read it.

What was your role in training with him?

I sent him a FB message and you can tell if people read it or not.

Wrestling - shark tank style - 5mins in with a fresh guy each time. It only lasted one session because I brought along a buddy who went to the Commonwealth games for wrestling and he had the cardio to do 5x5min rounds at a much higher level than anyone else. You'll notice the first Bigfoot fight Rogan was talking about how Hunt's takedown defence was so much improved - it was because of doing 12 sessions with a top wrestler.