IPF Worlds

21 minutes ago, Wookie said:

I feel better reading that he benched 175 on his 3rd and only deadlifted 250.

Obviously a freak at 1 lift.

At only 17 though... 

Much more potential to gain on those lifts. That squat was freakish good speed and tight throughout on the first two attempts (didn't see third) 

3 hours ago, Realtalk said:

i watched Jamie squat and bench. Had to go to work when deadlifts on but he got the u83 Jnr deadlift WR. And silver medal in a very competitive class. Massive.

Same here saw couple of his squats then had to work. Damn work!. In4 Gibbs in the morning 

3 hours ago, Realtalk said:

i watched Jamie squat and bench. Had to go to work when deadlifts on but he got the u83 Jnr deadlift WR. And silver medal in a very competitive class. Massive.

He didn't get the WR, didn't even get a chance to attempt it, he ended up going 280/300/302.5 to secure 2nd place by 2.5kg.

The world record got broken 3x though with a 306 then 306.5 then a 311 for the American kid 3rd attempt, since you have to go up at least 5kg between attempts, who won the class with 736kg total.

2 hours ago, BeastBuilder said:

He didn't get the WR, didn't even get a chance to attempt it, he ended up going 280/300/302.5 to secure 2nd place by 2.5kg.

The world record got broken 3x though with a 306 then 306.5 then a 311 for the American kid 3rd attempt, since you have to go up at least 5kg between attempts, who won the class with 736kg total.

Oh ok someone on his FB thread said he got it. Like I said I was at work and didn't see deadlifts. Still think his achievement just as good.

2 hours ago, Realtalk said:

Oh ok someone on his FB thread said he got it. Like I said I was at work and didn't see deadlifts. Still think his achievement just as good.

Oh definitely, his achievement still stands solid, no one can take away the silver medal from him.

Some of the most exciting Deads I've seen in awhile with the 2-5th placings coming down to the wire.

He's confident on another shot at the world record later in the year at Oceanias as it'll be his last comp as a junior. He'll likely take the NZ and Oceania records at the same time which were both around 305 from when Gibbs was competing as junior.

3 hours ago, Skeletor said:

Good to see they've put some bigger spotters out there today after that little mishap. Don't see why they don't get with the times and have a mono and safety straps. 

Lol, and not have to walk the weight out. i hope your kiddding

41 minutes ago, Bigken1985 said:

Lol, and not have to walk the weight out. i hope your kiddding

Whats to kid about and whats so heroic about a walkout?  Its more the straps or spotter bars i am concerned about though. Putting a lifters safety first should be top priority.  

30 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

Whats to kid about and whats so heroic about a walkout?  Its more the straps or spotter bars i am concerned about though. Putting a lifters safety first should be top priority.  

Solid argument can be made for mono's encouraging you to try heavier weights than you can actually handle. 

Also- Zahir crushing that guys hand at the USPA comp recently- doesn't eliminate risk.

7 minutes ago, Wookie said:

Solid argument can be made for mono's encouraging you to try heavier weights than you can actually handle. 

Also- Zahir crushing that guys hand at the USPA comp recently- doesn't eliminate risk.

Yeah but if Zahir had trusted his spotters and not dumped it in the first place.   But yes accidents can happen regardless of safetys or not, at the end of the day though a mono and chains or straps is still 100 x safer than none.  

59 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

Lol I better start recording my walkout then. Guess the unracking of the bench is half that to. Anyway it doesn't concern me as I can walk out everything I can squat. What happens if I fail though comes down to spotters and thankfully chains in my fed. 

Unracking heavy bench fucks you drastically for unracking your later sets after a few sets of it. Does for me anyway. 1rm or first set for reps is a non issue imo.

Back on topic though squat is just a made up lift that has no use in real life situations aside from taking a shit in the bush. Never seen anyone do a squat to lift something heavy IRL (not pl etc) ever.