NZ's bodybuilding, strength and fitness community
Skeletor

Transgenders in strength sports

Gyzz.   If I was to climb into bed and found what I thought was a woman to have a penis I would be out of there like no tomorrow.  I'd be noticeably upset that he hadn't told me and would feel very depressed for the next few days.  Why ? Because I'm not bisexual and have no interest in being with a male. I think any heterosexual male would do the same.  

Just to point out I have no problem with transgenders if that's what they want to do whether I agree if it's right or not , nor do I have any issue with women using male hormones for strength or sports.  I will say that I would feel uncomfortable with a transgender using the same bathroom as my daughters because basically what's to stop some dirty creep from saying he identifies as a female just to get a look in at young women?  This is where it gets sketchy.  But anyway I didn't mean to derail topic. 

Yes to put things back onto topic, I bring to question wookies post about him beating the olympic womens shotput champion at 17.

Maybe there are different sports where a woman / men (biological) can compete fairly, and ones where they cannot.

For example, I have never in my life been able to outrun any woman my age in track and field sports. And this is not including my more athletic friends who played womens rugby internationally etc, who would beat most of even the better trained male sportsmen at my school.

I could outbench those same girls any day.

Nevertheless, I think a lot of women with the right genetics can get their squat / deadlift (but not bench for some reason) up to the level of perhaps where tom lee was at the start of last year.

As far as trans girls in powerlifting, the problem here is that classes are divided into weight, not skill.

If I transitioned for example, using my peak weight of 90kg's, I would be placed with women who were either obese or on a shitload of gear. Obviously the ones on gear would beat me, but besides this, being a 90kg girl says nothing about how they would perform against me.

22 minutes ago, GyzzBrah said:

Yes to put things back onto topic, I bring to question wookies post about him beating the olympic womens shotput champion at 17.

Maybe there are different sports where a woman / men (biological) can compete fairly, and ones where they cannot.

For example, I have never in my life been able to outrun any woman my age in track and field sports. And this is not including my more athletic friends who played womens rugby internationally etc, who would beat most of even the better trained male sportsmen at my school.

I could outbench those same girls any day.

Nevertheless, I think a lot of women with the right genetics can get their squat / deadlift (but not bench for some reason) up to the level of perhaps where tom lee was at the start of last year.

As far as trans girls in powerlifting, the problem here is that classes are divided into weight, not skill.

If I transitioned for example, using my peak weight of 90kg's, I would be placed with women who were either obese or on a shitload of gear. Obviously the ones on gear would beat me, but besides this, being a 90kg girl says nothing about how they would perform against me.

every 90kg+ girl I know or know of that lifts weights semi regularly is stronger than you 

2 hours ago, maccaz said:

every 90kg+ girl I know or know of that lifts weights semi regularly is stronger than you 

Bro what the hell? Im not trying to talk myself up here I just used an example of how the weight class system may not be appropriate to accommodate for trannies.

And yes, I knew a 130 something samoan girl who pulled 180? on her first day lifting at 16 yrs old.

On 21/05/2016 at 2:42 PM, GyzzBrah said:

As a super conservative, as long as the government stays out of this I couldnt care less. If a federation thinks its bs and does not want to include TS in their sports, then f*ck the equality / anti discrimination laws that they have in europe etc, forcing them to include.

Same goes for government forcing them to use a bathroom they dont want to use etc.

I am a so-called 'liberal' and I couldn't agree more.
I hope that one day gay and transgendered people can live completely without fear of discrimination, however what this requires is a cultural shift, not draconian legislation by a higher power.

It is not up to the government to interfere with and involve itself in the personal affairs of it citizens.

Simply put, I would fight for the right of the baker to refuse to make a cake for a homosexual wedding, even though I would personally consider that baker to be an asshole, and would likely never take my business there.

So I suppose the same rules would apply to powerlifting and sports in general. It would be up to the federation to decide on what is or isn't allowed, and if people have a problem with those rules then they can simply choose to ignore that federation and compete elsewhere.

With all this said... would anyone here consider chopping their cock off to potentially break some world records and get the added bonus of fondling your own tits during a furious bean flicking session? I'm 50/50 at the moment....

In my opinion (you don't have to agree) I think trans athletes or bodybuilders should have their own category just to make things simpler with less conflicts. Such as MTF contests (male to female) or FTM (female to males) and even intersex in the mix. But thats just my thoughts on this matter. 

I honestly can't imagine getting testo injections more frequently than 3 days. Im supposed to be jabbing myself but I almost never do.

Yeah true, but it'd be nice to have a 'fun' or casual contest that anyone can join. But then again there comes the problem of female to male contestants potentially having more than average testosterone levels. 

Im sure there are contests like these elsewhere.

Just a quick question, would I be able to enter male bodybuilding contests while taking testosterone?

15 minutes ago, Brynn said:

Yeah true, but it'd be nice to have a 'fun' or casual contest that anyone can join. But then again there comes the problem of female to male contestants potentially having more than average testosterone levels. 

Im sure there are contests like these elsewhere.

Just a quick question, would I be able to enter male bodybuilding contests while taking testosterone?

Are you ftm Trans cos then the answer would be no. But you could do the women's physique class and still not be taking the most gear :) allegedly 

Actually I have a question here, maybe @Brynn can answer.

When female bodybuilders / powerlifters take male hormones, it is well known that this can cause them to develop male side effects etc. While some unfortunatley do, there are many athletes (van dyk, DLB etc) that take large amounts of gear and still look like women.

But the dosage of testosterone for an FTM transgender are much lower (i think) than what Van Dyk etc would be taking.

So how can most FTM's transition so well to look like men on such a low dose, but some bodybuilders are unnaffected by this?

3 minutes ago, GyzzBrah said:

When female bodybuilders / powerlifters take male hormones, it is well known that this can cause them to develop male side effects etc. While some unfortunatley do, there are many athletes (van dyk, DLB etc) that take large amounts of gear and still look like women.

But the dosage of testosterone for an FTM transgender are much lower (i think) than what Van Dyk etc would be taking.

So how can most FTM's transition so well to look like men on such a low dose, but some bodybuilders are unnaffected by this?

unsubstantiated drug use accusations (van dyk specifically) is bannable offence.

@Pseudonym @Realtalk pls ban gyzzbrah for contributing nothing useful to this website

The same way some men can take steroids and not look like they even lift. It's specific from one to another and with ftm they don't try to manage the sides they encourage them. Also I wouldn't say that many female bodybuilders actually use testosterone and I do know a whole lot of them, plus the dosing of what they do use is generally a whole lot lower than most assume. 

8 minutes ago, GyzzBrah said:

Of my understanding, prolonged use of steroids such as testosterone can cause virilisation which can lead to female bodybuilders to look 'manly' but I think athletes such as van dyke only used it in small cycles before workouts like me and used other gear like var or winstrol to minimize the potential of virilisation. 

So a female bodybuilder that does prolonged large doses of testosterone or highly androgenic steroids with a similar structure to testosterone will likely develop male features. Like anabol, dianabol and anadrol etc.

I don't know much about steroids, only enough from my endocrinologist to not take them (and also I dont want to). Exception of weekly testosterone inj and estrogen blockers so I don't start to femaleise (I don't know terms).

2 minutes ago, maccaz said:

unsubstantiated drug use accusations (van dyk specifically) is bannable offence.

@Pseudonym @Realtalk pls ban gyzzbrah for contributing nothing useful to this website

Wtf I saw her mentioned on this same thread, and looked her up on youtube and saw another comment on here saying she took steroids?

Thats all I even know about the person and not even accusing, just using an example?

If van dyk or whatever is someone significant to this forum or locally whatever then sure, go delete the mention if you want.

But if she is some random fitness model from america or whatever then who fucking cares.

Just now, GyzzBrah said:

Wtf I saw her mentioned on this same thread, and looked her up on youtube and saw another comment on here saying she took steroids?

Thats all I even know about the person and not even accusing, just using an example?

If van dyk or whatever is someone significant to this forum or locally whatever then sure, go delete the mention if you want.

But if she is some random fitness model from america or whatever then who fucking cares.

stick to your journal until you prove you're not a dickhead

23 minutes ago, maccaz said:

stick to your journal until you prove you're not a dickhead

Come on bro - that's a bit harsh. For once, Gyzzbrah's question was perfectly legit.

Yes, he could've asked it without using Van Wyk (not Van Dyk btw, Gyzzbrah!) as an example... but as he says, she was mentioned earlier in the topic. His point wasn't about Van Wyk anyway. Let's not derail the topic by making a big issue out of this.

@Brynn - welcome to the forum. You sure picked an interesting topic for your first post! So I take it you're undergoing the hormonal therapy at the moment? Can you tell us more about that? How old are you now, and when did you start?

Thanks @Pseudonym I started HRT when I was 14 because I started to develop female features such as fat distribution, breast development and facial features etc. Bloods showed my estrogen levels to be very high and testosterone levels to be at castrate levels.

Hormonal replacement therapy for me was just to get it to a baseline to that of a normal male but for me testosterone is in vials but the estrogen blockers are pills so thats a plus I guess. So I just take it a day before a workout and sarms afterwards to repair joints faster. 

I turned 18 a month ago and im interested in bodybuilding to make myself feel and look better. Just boughts 50kg set so I hope I don't walk into a gym and using incorrect form etc. 

8 minutes ago, Brynn said:

I just take it a day before a workout

That's quite a different dosing method to the protocol used by bodybuilders. Most bodybuilders want their test levels to be consistently elevated - not just for a workout. What's the theory behind your method?

And have you got a doctor to prescribe you SARMs? I'm surprised they'd consider anything so experimental. You lucky bugger! :-D 

@Brynn What were your levels pre TRT if you can remember? Did the endo explain why your estrogen was high at the same time as well?

Havent checked levels in a while, but they should be back within range by now according to my endo.

But when my levels were piss low (7.3) my estrogen was on the lower end as well thankfully so be interesting to know how yours were high.

@Pseudonym. Well... the testosterone was prescribed by an endocrinologist but the sarms were not. However my doctor knows and monitors everything via blood tests. I do inject my testosterone consistently nowadays usually a day or two before a workout because I find it hard to workout after a fresh injection (I tend to move while injecting and I get bruised in the area).

And @GyzzBrah My testosterone levels were at I think 35ng and estrogen varied a lot from 150 to 300 pg and I did forgetti to injecti for a year (2014-2015) but the blockers did enough to stop drastic changes. The endocrinologist suggested the ovarian tissue to be the main cause and my male parts to be non-functioning. From that point I could've choose to be female but nah, I wanna get huge haha. Since I was born mostly male (male externals with some female internals).

comp.jpg

Yes XXY chromosomes (Kleins), I thought no one would guess. And it is hard to workout with no T, so much fatigue and tiredness its like being an elderly person stuck in a teen body.