NZ's bodybuilding, strength and fitness community
Sign in to follow this  
Pseudonym

Jonah Lomu

I wrote this on FB:

When I broke Jonah Lomu's Counties Manukau schools shot put record, I asked his former athletics coach what else he had won, 13 years prior. I still remember being shocked at his reply:

"The shot put, the discus, the 100 metres in 10.8 seconds, the 200 metres, the long jump, the triple jump, and he anchored the winning 4x100 relay. All in one day." At 6'4, 115kg and 17 years old.

It's little surprise he made the All Blacks as a teenager in 1995, and famously ran over Mike Catt in his 4-try demolition of England.

Thanks for the memories, Jonah. R.I.P.

Very sad.

whats this shit about his wife starting a givealittle page and asking the public for money? 

"All funds raised on this page will go towards helping me to support our family, assisting with the upbringing of our children and their education.

In the future, I plan to set up a charitable trust to continue Jonah’s work and legacy with children all around the world, and I will update this page with more details of this when I can."

so you asked for privacy but now you're asking for our money? I cringed when I saw this. How embarrassing.

1 hour ago, Realtalk said:

Very sad.

whats this shit about his wife starting a givealittle page and asking the public for money? 

"All funds raised on this page will go towards helping me to support our family, assisting with the upbringing of our children and their education.

In the future, I plan to set up a charitable trust to continue Jonah’s work and legacy with children all around the world, and I will update this page with more details of this when I can."

so you asked for privacy but now you're asking for our money? I cringed when I saw this. How embarrassing.

Honestly I'm not surprised with this. Just looking for an easy buck and playing on people's emotions to fund it. 

Jonah was the definition of a freak athlete not often one so down to earth comes along, I never meet the man but seen interviews and him visiting past players from his era with serious health complications and giving support (South African player)

I still can't believe he passed away at such a young age. Will forever be in the history books. 

Is there going to be a doco about him? Seen something on Facebook 

43 minutes ago, Pseudonym said:

Do you see the photo that's been going around of him at 13? Good build (and great abs!) even then.

I did see that, also saw a photo of him running in a counties game must have been quite young. Legs are simply massive and shredded as f

I sheed a few tears on Friday night when I watched my Jonah DVD. Nice to hear that the public fun real is at eden park peety the funreal is not on when I am in Auckland I would have gone to say goodbye to the legend himself Jonah