NZ's bodybuilding, strength and fitness community
Sign in to follow this  
Pseudonym

Rousey v Holm

Had a feeling if it was going to be a striking match, but thought Ronda would know better and would just use judo/grappling , didn't expect her to try to beat Holly at her own game... funny seeing all the bandwagon jumpers egg on Ronda , she'll be back, it's not end of the world

2 minutes ago, Gym rat said:

Saw footage of the rohonda vs holly fight on instagram  and was hoping that rohonda would win. Was surprised the holly beat rohonda. 

Did you like seeing 2 ladies fight bibby?

I didn't see it coming. I said to my wife that if Holly could keep her distance, then she would outstrike Ronda, but then she'd get tossed.

Anyone see that brilliant move where Holly basically bear hugged Ronda off her feet and forced Ronda to pull guard? What an utterly fabulous way to get out of a potential clinch. Judo relies upon a solid base and that was enough to not get tossed. With Jackson and Winkeljohn coaching her I guess we shouldn't be surprised. That was brilliant.

Jack Slack over at Fightland wrote this before the fight. Brilliant analysis as usual by him and well worth the 10 minute read.

http://fightland.vice.com/blog/the-night-of-female-champions-can-joanna-steal-rondas-thunder

this is what is annoying about fight sports, someone can be a favorite, and lose once and instantly theyre hated on.

way i see it is if there is a perfect sport for an upset, it is mma, far less predictable than other sports because of the combinations of skills clashing.

an upset win doesn't make you a better fighter, just means you got lucky on the day, regardless of how good of a win it was.

on a side note, the ufc caused Melbourne to be packed with drunk, tapout tshirt wearing rednecks that must have flocked in from the outback to drink melbourne dry and act like dickheads

edit: that was definitely a badass win, just a shame the attitude seems to be "ronda is shit" now lol

Ronda got massively exposed. Most saw huge defensive holes, but she'd always get around that.
She came into the fight underprepared with a poor game plan. There was no luck in that for Holm at all.

I hope she comes back in 9 months after changing camps. She can most certainly beat Holm.

39 minutes ago, crazyfacials said:

Did you like seeing 2 ladies fight bibby?

Yes and it's right up there when I see two divas  wrestler each other for example 

3 hours ago, Wookie said:

Ronda got massively exposed. Most saw huge defensive holes, but she'd always get around that.
She came into the fight underprepared with a poor game plan. There was no luck in that for Holm at all.

I hope she comes back in 9 months after changing camps. She can most certainly beat Holm.

Rousey has got that shitty coach that shes had from the start of her mma career. Even rhondas mum thinks he shyt.

Rousey may change camps but she has a lot of catching up to do on her boxing/thai. Shes fast on her feet till it comes to actually banging it out. 

I wouldnt say I was shocked Holly had 3 x the amount of fights as Rhonda. Has been world champ in multiple weight classes and has real power in her punches and kicking with the reach advantage. I always thought she would win a stand up but lose if it went to the ground. People were all going on like Holly was a nobody before the fight. Rhonda will be back and im sure she will try to take it to the ground because she was completely dominated on her feet. 

People haven't liked ronda rousey before this fight. Great athlete but I don't like her. Big mouth and talks too much shit. I wonder if fighting a man is still on the agenda now.

holly fought great, ronda fought shit. Need a rematch to see who is the best. If ronda wins there will probably be a 3rd fight.  It's all pretty exciting how it will play out in the coming months.

Bad thing about holly beating ronda is now we probably won't get to ever see a rousey v cyborg bout. That probably wouldn't have happened anyway but now it will never happen.

never did I think female MMA could be so exciting. Definitely lived up to and deserved to be on the main card. Well don't ufc.

Glad Holly won and shut that spoilt brat up. Brutal KO. Terrbible game plan from Ronda- should definately move camps.
Dana white Looked gutted, looked like he had just witnessed the beheading of is whole family.

I really enjoyed the fights. Holm was just too fast and unlike some of Rousey's other opponents to date, Holm was strong enough to escape from the clinch and ground game. I wanna see a rematch but give it a while so Rousey can improve her stand up or it's just gonna be a repeat.