Sir David Tua - David Tua should be knighted!

mrgeeky

We have Sir Richard Hadlee (cricket) Sir Mark Todd (equestrian) Sir Collin Meads etc etc etc..

So why not a Sir David Tua? I think he's done for more to publisize NZ than any of the above,  but then i may be one eyed in my opinion as Im a huge boxing fan. :-)  And no one could say he wasnt the ultimiate role modle..

So why not a Sir David Tua, he deserves it just as much as any of the other that have been knighted in NZ....

How would one put his name forward and why hasnt it been done already?????  Any thoughts..

I think all it would take is for someone to nominate him. (Maybe that's why Tua hasn't been knighted thus far - I imagine cricket and equestrian fans could be more aware of the system than boxing fans are.) Although why Lomu hasn't received an honour is beyond me.

If you want to nominate someone, check out:

http://www.honours.govt.nz/honours/nominations

http://www.honours.govt.nz/honours/nominations/faq

What has he done to deserve a knighthood? He has won no signaficant titles, defended squat and is broke as a street whore!!

yeah funny that eh? Sir Mick Jagger, admitted to taking drugs, partying hard, and being a womaniser.. Wrecking hotels etc..   Yet he was knighted? Why? Because he was filthy rich?

It seems to be a prerequisite.. If you are famous and rich your instantly on the list to get a knighthood.. Its a wonder they didnt knight Micheal Jackson?  Just google images for Micheal Jackson and the president and see how well he was accepted by the elite and yet he paid his way out of child molestation charges..

It seems to be the real requirements in some peoples minds to get some acknowldegement are to be rich and famous and  your nature and what you have done for your country seem to come second place.

David Tua unlike plenty that have had recognition has been extrememly humble even through being ripped off he never had a bad word to say about those involved. Infact I have never seen David Tua ever through out his career put one foot wrong. Never a bad word about anyone. Never caught or admitted to knowingly taken illegal substances, never been charged with anything. Never put a foot wrong in any way shape or form. The perfect role model for all New Zealanders. Actually the perfect role model for all people in the world.. If only every one had his humble nature.  Added to that anyone that thinks David Tua hasnt contributed hugley to giving little old New Zealand recognition on the world stage is a sandwhich short of a picnik.

Added to that David Tua is a shrimp in the world of boxing, yet he has competed in the land of the giants and not only fought for a world title, but has given many of us hours of entertainment.. Just as much as any of the NZ footballers have.. Never had team mates to support him like the rugby players or the cricketers have, has had to build his career on his own merit by taking on one of the worlds hardest sports. There's been no on there in the ring to help him when he's facing the giants of boxing these days.. It's a brutal hard sport, far harder than cricket, or rugby or tennis or any of the other sports that NZ sports people have been knighted for.  I would say he is the ultimate role model for our kids.

The fact that any one would suggest he was broke should mean he's not elligble for a knighthood is quite disgusting.. And remember even if it was a prerequisite, so you suggest because David got ripped off he is a bad representitive for NZ.. Do you know how stupid that appears??? ??

Yep, if any one deserves to be a role model for our kids I would be putting David Tua right at the top of the list.

I think all it would take is for someone to nominate him. (Maybe that's why Tua hasn't been knighted thus far - I imagine cricket and equestrian fans could be more aware of the system than boxing fans are.) Although why Lomu hasn't received an honour is beyond me.

If you want to nominate someone, check out:

http://www.honours.govt.nz/honours/nominations

http://www.honours.govt.nz/honours/nominations/faq

Thanks fot this info mate,.. Im going to look in to this and see if I can put his name forward..

Funny thing is if I was offered a knighthood I wouldnt accept it.. But I would love to see David get some recognition for what he has acheived..