Powerlifting: Getting to the core of the problem

Gasp

Dumb bell rows are a great accessory to help with core. I like them better than barbell rows. As Realtalk mentioned, hold the contracted static. With the dumb bells I find that core gets worked most when you really pull them up flush with your abs, both ends of the dumb bell.

Here's my 2c on sorting out tight hips/lower back/tilt issues... 

For those with anterior pelvic tilt issues... stretch more. Best stretches that I have found to fix this are side bends - stand with feet a bit more than shoulder width apart and bend to the side... focus on feeling what muscles are getting tension and get to the point where it's the obliques, on the side you are bending towards, that are taking all the strain... it's their job to hold you upright... if you feel other mucles tighten up when you do this then you need to keep doing this more until the problem is sorted... this is very good for sorting out a tight quadratus lumborum.

Second thing that's good for hips is sitting with a foot up by your knee (cross legged). Make it a habit... this will help sort out any imbalance you might have if done often enough.