Club Physical Champs

of_wolf_and_man

This is for people who go to club physical for exercise.

As you might have already seen, there's going to be a "Club Physical BodyBuilding Champs" IS anyone here going to enter it? (How about it Pseudo? :grin: )

I'm thinking about entering it IF they have a class for students or for like young people wanting to compete.

What ya reckon?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you should definitely give it a go, Wolf. You've got a good base already, and with some hard work between now and the show (I think it's in August?) you could make some great gains. The Club Physical comp is ideal for people to practise on, because it means they can still compete as a novice later on in NZFBB or NABBA.

I've heard there may be efforts to ensure the competition is drug-free too. I'm not sure what this means in practice, but I think it's a very good idea for a competition hoping to attract first-time competitors. I just hope it goes further than having athletes sign a drug-free declaration.

Not sure. I was hoping to do a NZFBB comp towards the end of the year - I still am, in fact. But I need to get my life outside of bodybuilding sorted first... eg: stop pretending to freelance, and get a real job! :pfft:

Having got the job, of course, you've then got to settle in a bit. "Thanks for hiring me, sir! By the way - for the next 12 weeks I'll be in a carb-depleted stupor as I prepare for a bodybuilding comp!" Probably not the best way to greet your new boss... So we'll see how it goes. :)

I'm thinking about entering it IF they have a class for students or for like young people wanting to compete.

The competition organiser, Timikara Taurerewa says, "We will happily add this class if we get enough competitors for it."

But even if they don't, Wolf, I think it would still be worthwhile you competing in the Novice class. Go for it! :D

yeah thers a few bbers ay... some of them are like GORILLA AS!!!! thers this one dude who is like 3times the size of me and he was squatting like at least 340kgs.... and he had this stuff he was sniffing... (anyone know what that is? i want some...)

the girls... if you pick the right time to go, there are ckicks that are in their prime... i kid you not some girls are super fine ay. (oh i found the best time... between 6 and 8 ish... i think)

yeah its a real good gym. u still at west wave? hows things there?

If you are considering giving the Club Physical Bodybuilding Champs a go definitely do it! I was one of the competitors last year & although the numbers were low, it was a fantastic experience & gave me a taste of what competing would be like in a federation.

When is the next Club Physical comp? I'm not living in New Zealand anymore (which is a shame) & i miss out on all the gossip... :(

August is a good time of year for the comp - they used to hold it in July but it is much better to have it later in the year. :)

I'm now residing in sunny Brisbane. Currently I'm training at Brisbane YMCA in Brisbane CBD. It's nice & friendly, an atmosphere similar to Club Physical. I was at a 'Fitness First' for 2 days, but there were too many posers & I felt rather uncomfortable training there (especially me, a girl from West Auckland! :pfft: )

Sorry, should I be more specific??? :P The "posers" I was referring to were the jocks who walked around liked they owned the place, hogging all the equipment and making rude comments (he said he was being facetious... :S) when you attempted to use "their" equipment. When I made the reference of "posers", I was merely being polite... :pfft:

Sorry, should I be more specific??? :P The "posers" I was referring to were the jocks who walked around liked they owned the place, hogging all the equipment and making rude comments (he said he was being facetious... :S) when you attempted to use "their" equipment. When I made the reference of "posers", I was merely being polite... :pfft:

Ok posers in that regard are annoying, theres a few of them too, i tend to think rugby players are like this.

thats when you whip out the belt, and rip a several plates of the floor for reps.. ive found the clanging iron and the guttaral groan scares them away. :wink:

though I suspect its the blood shot eyes and sweat soaked shirt that does it too :pfft: