NZ's bodybuilding, strength and fitness community
Dream

Gyno Surgery costs?

Hi,

Has anyone had gynecomastia surgery done in New Zealand? If so what were the costs involved and is there a way it can be funded?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated, even if you haven't had it done but a friend may have etc.

Cheers!

8 hours ago, Dream said:

Hi,

Has anyone had gynecomastia surgery done in New Zealand? If so what were the costs involved and is there a way it can be funded?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated, even if you haven't had it done but a friend may have etc.

Cheers!

Hello mate, did a massive search in NZ for complete gland removal and the cheapest I could find was $15000 Nz. (Maybe cheaper now) but not a lot of places in nz wanted to do total gland removal. 

Then I believe it was PETN a member on this forum posted a gyno surgery clip from YouTube that was done in the gold coast oz. 

So I called the doc there and he was amazing. 

Return flights were $360

first consultation was $90 Au

The compression vest for after surgery $100 AU

And the actual surgery was $1700 AU

that was total gland removal so no chance of it growing back, I chose to be awake and not to take the sedative and it was all done under local anaesthetic and I watched the whole process in a mirror, took about 20mins each side.  

And then you just leave with the compression vest on and 2 drains hanging out of each nipple. 😂 

the only strange thing is the doc keeps all the glands he has removed in jars on shelves there’s hundreds in his office. 😂 

way cheaper and you get a holiday. 

If you do go for it let me know, and I can give you the vest if we are around the same size and all the strong pain meds I never took. 

(COVER MY ASS HERE). If the pain meds that were prescribed for me are the same ones the Doc proscribes for you, then I have some you may have to save you some money as they were quite expensive. 

PS thanks for posting that link PETN saved 

me a small fortune. 👍

18 hours ago, New pome said:

Hello mate, did a massive search in NZ for complete gland removal and the cheapest I could find was $15000 Nz. (Maybe cheaper now) but not a lot of places in nz wanted to do total gland removal. 

Then I believe it was PETN a member on this forum posted a gyno surgery clip from YouTube that was done in the gold coast oz. 

Return flights were $360

that was total gland removal so no chance of it growing back, I chose to be awake and not to take the sedative and it was all done under local anaesthetic and I watched the whole process in a mirror, took about 20mins each side.  

And then you just leave with the compression vest on and 2 drains hanging out of each nipple. 😂 

the only strange thing is the doc keeps all the glands he has removed in jars on shelves there’s hundreds in his office. 😂 

If you do go for it let me know, and I can give you the vest if we are around the same size and all the strong pain meds I never took. 

(COVER MY ASS HERE). If the pain meds that were prescribed for me are the same ones the Doc proscribes for you, then I have some you may have to save you some money as they were quite expensive. 

me a small fortune. 👍

Not sure if it was me that posted it man as ive never had the surgery done. Think it may have been jimmybro1.

Pm me the details of who you used etc or just write here as under 2k is dirt cheap.

16 hours ago, PETN said:

Not sure if it was me that posted it man as ive never had the surgery done. Think it may have been jimmybro1.

Pm me the details of who you used etc or just write here as under 2k is dirt cheap.

Yes sorry mate it was jimmy bro, not sure if it was him or just a random YouTube clip. 

The adress was Tedder Avenue medical practice just off the strip on gold Coast 

the docs name is Ian Mitchell 

On 3/28/2019 at 8:58 AM, New pome said:

Return flights were $360

me a small fortune. 👍

Hey mate, thanks for all the info!

It's a shame there is nothing like that here in NZ.

I'm glad yours went all smoothly and for a really good price! 

I'll consider this and will aim to do this this year hopefully. 

Freezy has another video, with a full update