Hello to all :)

AK

I am into powerlifting at the moment, but intrested in all aspects of the iron game.Been training one form or an other for a while now... Unfortunatly my numbers don't reflect this ha ha ha :oops:

Looking to improove them tho :wink: and thats why I am here...

I was looking around some information about Sheiko and wondering if anyone done any of his programs?

Could not find a training log on it, so may end up copy and paste mine for some feedback and for the sake of information sharring.

Hey man, welcome.

I've seen one log on sheiko, not here, on another site. The guy who did it got very average gains. Another guy I know of on the internet did it and also got almost 0 gains. But a third guy got mega gains. I can't give you the specific numbers at the moment. But I wouldn't risk it. 7 weeks (4 weeks for sheiko and a 3 week deload period) for no gains would kill me.

If you want something extreme though, try Smolov. I seriously want to give it a go. I know of someone who got 40kgs on his squat from it. I'm watching a log at the moment to see if the gains are consistant throughout different people. Thing is, you have to train really smart. Most people end up getting injured from doing it (squatting four times a week...), but if you think you're up to it, go for it:

http://www.joeskopec.com/smolov.html

If you start a workout journal here I'll be happy to give you my input.

Hello AK! A warm welcome to you from the folks of NZBB. I am not familiar with Sheiko, sorry. With your powelifting background, I am sure many here can benefit from your advice in gaining strength, power training, etc. Pull up a chair and enjoy yourself here.

Hey man, welcome.

I've seen one log on sheiko, not here, on another site. The guy who did it got very average gains. Another guy I know of on the internet did it and also got almost 0 gains. But a third guy got mega gains. I can't give you the specific numbers at the moment. But I wouldn't risk it. 7 weeks (4 weeks for sheiko and a 3 week deload period) for no gains would kill me.

If you want something extreme though, try Smolov. I seriously want to give it a go. I know of someone who got 40kgs on his squat from it. I'm watching a log at the moment to see if the gains are consistant throughout different people. Thing is, you have to train really smart. Most people end up getting injured from doing it (squatting four times a week...), but if you think you're up to it, go for it:

http://www.joeskopec.com/smolov.html

If you start a workout journal here I'll be happy to give you my input.

Thank you Mike :) I apprechiate your imput....

I have kind of made my mind up about the sheiko thing and will follow trough it. I am just curious to see what sort of improovements ( if any ha ha ha get from it) I will do 8 weeks of the preparatory/base program and 5 weeks of the competition/peaking program.

Currently I am on week # 2 and probably will copy and paste it into a training log on this site ...

I have done the base mesocycle (4 weeks) of Smolov before. I got 10kg from it... I am planing to experiment with it, after I am done with the Sheiko ones. I may slightly modify it tho

Hello AK! A warm welcome to you from the folks of NZBB. I am not familiar with Sheiko, sorry. With your powelifting background, I am sure many here can benefit from your advice in gaining strength, power training, etc. Pull up a chair and enjoy yourself here.

Thank you for the warm welcome and kind words Bheeman :)

Thank you Mike :) I apprechiate your imput....

I have kind of made my mind up about the sheiko thing and will follow trough it. I am just curious to see what sort of improovements ( if any ha ha ha get from it) I will do 8 weeks of the preparatory/base program and 5 weeks of the competition/peaking program.

Currently I am on week # 2 and probably will copy and paste it into a training log on this site ...

I have done the base mesocycle (4 weeks) of Smolov before. I got 10kg from it... I am planing to experiment with it, after I am done with the Sheiko ones. I may slightly modify it tho

That's a mint thing to say you've done. I'm keen as to give it a go aye, next time I plateau.

What are your numbers like anyway? And how old/heavy are you? Just scouting out the competition. :pfft:

Age 34

My weight was 86 at my last comp but its the most I weighed in a while...

Last comp 16th of June I got:

Squat 175 (oly style)

Bench 127.5

Deadlift 200(summo)

Lifted raw...

I had a look at your log :wink: .... good stuff.

Hi AK

I'm just new to the site, and having a look around.

I have heard of that sheiko training, but don't know anyone who has done it. Is there somewhere where there is a template for it to be able to have a look at what it consists of?

Also do you train at the power house gym in Wellington? I just saw the post from Old Bull with a link to it. Looks pretty awesome

JP

Hi AK

I have heard of that sheiko training, but don't know anyone who has done it. Is there somewhere where there is a template for it to be able to have a look at what it consists of?

Also do you train at the power house gym in Wellington? I just saw the post from Old Bull with a link to it. Looks pretty awesome

JP

http://www.nzbb.co.nz/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1884

:)

Hi AK

JP

Hello JP ... Yes training at the POWERHOUSEGYM :nod:

Mike posted the 1st month of the beginers program... if you want to look into it a bit more I have an excell template in my training journal...

Are you a powerlifter?

Hello JP ... Yes training at the POWERHOUSEGYM :nod:

Mike posted the 1st month of the beginers program... if you want to look into it a bit more I have an excell template in my training journal...

Are you a powerlifter?