Another Wrestler Dead

I_lift

Chris Benoit, his wife and 7 year old son were all found dead at his home in Atlanta (USA) yesterday at 2.30pm. Police are treating it as a homicide.

I must say that I have seen a few of his wrestling matches and liked his intensity. He was one of the more muscular wrestlers.

Well he has a son from a previous relationship that lives in Canada. The day before they were found dead, he pulled out of a Wrestling Pay Per View (Show) for.."Family Reasons" the next day they were all dead. I thought that he would be a Murder/Suicide

Latest stuff from WWE.com

According to lead investigator Lt. Tommy Pope, of the Fayette County Sheriff’s Department, in Fayetteville, Ga., the deaths of WWE Superstar Chris Benoit, wife Nancy and son Daniel were the result of a double murder-suicide, WWE.com has learned.

Benoit failed to appear both at Saturday’s live event in Beaumont, Tx., and WWE’s Vengeance: Night of Champions in Houston Sunday night, after informing WWE of a family emergency. Several curious text messages sent by Benoit early Sunday morning prompted concerned friends to alert Richard Hering, VP of Government Relations for WWE, Inc. Hering, in turn, spoke with Fayette County sheriffs Monday, and requested that they respond to the Benoit residence to check on him and his family.

Authorities representing the Sheriff’s Department initially had a difficult time entering Benoit’s new Fayetteville home Monday afternoon, which had been guarded by two large German Shepherds roaming freely around the property. Once authorities entered the residence, they quickly located the bodies of Benoit, Nancy and Daniel. WWE was notified of the discovery at approximately 4 p.m.

At 10 p.m. Monday night, Lt. Pope held a press conference in conjunction with Scott Ballard, the district attorney for Fayette County. The press conference officially ruled authorities’ findings as a double murder-suicide from within the home.

WAGA, a FOX-owned and operated television station in Atlanta, reported that investigators believe Benoit killed his wife and 7-year-old son over the weekend, then himself on Monday.

The three bodies have been received by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation’s crime lab, in Decatur, Ga., where autopsies will be performed Tuesday morning. Toxicology reports will not become available for at least two weeks.

WWE.com has further information relating to both the investigation and the cause of death, but the Fayette County Sheriff’s Department has requested that WWE.com not release any additional details at this time.

I am sure there will be more to follow as to the possible why's of the matter.

blame roid rage :pfft:

It actually is though...

It's kinda strange. I haven't watched wrestling in a while but it's still sad that he passed because he's the man and apparently was a really nice guy, but there's also a bit of hate that he took two people (his wide and his 7 YEAR OLD SON) with him. You have to be at the depths of insanity to take your son's life...

Great, like steroids aren't already being pounded enough in the media :roll: I would think there's a big difference between flying off the handle/roid rage and doing this:

The Associated Press is now reporting that law enforcement officials close to the current investigation have now confirmed that Chris Benoit strangled his wife Nancy with an electrical chord on Saturday, smothered his son Daniel with a bag on Sunday and then hung himslef in his basement/weight room on Monday.

In what is both shocking and rather gruesome details, Nancy's wrists and feet were bound with tape and blood was found under the head when her body was discovered. As recapped in the press conference held earlier today outside the residence (Part 1 and Part 2), a bible was found placed next to the bodies of both Nancy and Daniel.

I think the dude was just seriously f***ed up. I wonder if the wrestling peeps knew all this before they did a 3 hour tribute to him...

Roid Rage? Bollix.

Read the articles.

He murdered his wife by strangulation, then his son and several hours later himself.

There was no marks of hitting etc, only a bit of a struggle.

He strangled them and covered them.

These are not signs of rage.

While yes it is his fault, it just goes to show that no one is free from mental health issues.

Think about it.

To do something like that, he must have been pretty darn badly depressed. Its just a shame that no one could help him and save those lives earlier.

Roid rage is a load of shit anway you look at it, all of the studies on steroids and their effects have never found a positive link to taking steroids and going into a rage. Basically if you are an angry bastard before you take steroids you will still be an angry bastard afterwards and if you are calm an pleasent before you will still be afterwards.

Roid rage is a load of shit anway you look at it, all of the studies on steroids and their effects have never found a positive link to taking steroids and going into a rage. Basically if you are an angry bastard before you take steroids you will still be an angry bastard afterwards and if you are calm an pleasent before you will still be afterwards.

of course everyone reacts differently to roids and rage. just like the other side effects of steroids.

but i must say u are alot more likley to snap/smack someone over when u are on the gear

The deaths were quite a few hours apart. You can't say that's rage.

some people can also get depressed on large amount of gear... u can get chemical imbalances tht can have all sorts of effects.

im not against steroids by any means!

but dnt think this guy should get any smpathy, and yea steroids probably didnt have anything to do with it but of course if they were found in his home they are gonna be looked at as the number 1 reason.

at least he killed himself too lol

...he should have used wrestling moves

:pfft: :pfft: :pfft:

DEFINITION: rage

n.

a. Violent, explosive anger. See Synonyms at anger.

b. A fit of anger.

2. Furious intensity, as of a storm or disease.

3. A burning desire; a passion.

i agree that the fact that he killed the son hours after the inital killing then himself awhile later shows there was time for a thought pattern to occur, where as rage would be an incident that did not require logical thought.

so the term "roid rage" may only apply to the first murder (stranglation i believe) where he actually had to think about doing it to his son and himself. that i dont think can be demeed as rage.

Just my interpretation of the events.

another bad rap for steriods though!!

Possible explaination for the son's death:

A woman tells News 1130 in Vancouver, B.C. that Chris Benoit's son Daniel had a condition called Fragile X syndrome. Wikipedia describes the symptoms:

Aside from intellectual disability (mental retardation), prominent characteristics of the syndrome include an elongated face, large or protruding ears, flat feet, larger testicals in men (macroorchidism), and low muscle tone. Behavioral characteristics may include stereotypic movements (e.g., hand-flapping) and atypical social development, particularly shyness and limited eye contact. Some individuals with the fragile X syndrome also meet the diagnostic criteria for autism. While full mutation males tend to present with severe intellectual disability, the symptomology of full mutation females runs the gamut of minimally affected to severe intellectual disability, which may explain why females are underdiagnosed relative to males.

The woman interviewed for the News 1130 story says her family was in contact with the Benoits, but they didn't want to go public with the disease and chose to keep things low profile. She added that families can be torn apart by the disease because it's very difficult to find help and support. She said, "You as a parent have to go out there and find what's available and it's not easy --they don't tell you."

W.K. Analysis: This may explain why Daniel was taking growth hormone injections. It also may shed light onto why Chris didn't want someone else raising his son and made the fateful decision to kill him. As irrrational and twisted as it may sound, he may have felt he was saving his son from the double-blow of losing his parents through a murder-suicide and being subject to being raised by people who didn't understand or care for his condition.

Edit: Possible explaination for Benoit's reasoning behind it I mean.