how tall is everyone?

haydz0r

first off, how tall is everyone?

does having a larger frame mean you can get stronger because you are able to put on more muscle mass as you have larger limbs? (assuming they can put the same amount of muscle on as say a person with a smaller frame)

what do you guys think the ideal height is for bodybuilding? im at 5'9 and im almost 17, will i be able to grow any more? i am hoping to make 6 foot, is this unrealistic? are there any ways that i can stimulate my body to grow lengthwise?

Im 1m98cm, 6"6? I had a growth spurt when i was 20 ish. when i was 16 I grew like 6 inches in 2 or 3 months, stuffed my back, could barely walk for a year or so. I think shorter limbed people tend to be stronger becuse they find it easier to keep the weight stable and the path the weight has to take is shorter

A common notion is that shorter folks pack muscle easier and faster. I am not sure if there is a scientific proof for this but I have noticed that shorter statured people are able to lift heavier weights (rerlative to their weight). Maybe thats why frodo was able to carry the ring for so long.

I am 6'2" - I think it is difficult (in a good way) to be competitive in my weight class because of the extra weight of just being tall compared to a 5'5" guy of the same weight - he can have a good few kgs of muscle more than me.

I could go in the mens classic but then I am not sure I am what they are looking for there...

A common notion is that shorter folks pack muscle easier and faster. I am not sure if there is a scientific proof for this but I have noticed that shorter statured people are able to lift heavier weights (rerlative to their weight). Maybe thats why frodo was able to carry the ring for so long.

you say relative to their weight, but if you forget about relativity, taller people can be stronger?

Taller people can be stronger, but that all comes down to genes etc For a taller person to be stronger would require freakish genes, perfect training, nutritionn, supplementation etc etc

Shorter people are generally represented more in powerlifting etc because they have shorter levers and thus able to push bigger weights on average.

you say relative to their weight, but if you forget about relativity, taller people can be stronger?

I wish I had some scientific proof for this but I don't. Its more based on what I have read in periodicals and personal observation. As mentioned before, shorter folks have the advantage of leverage. For example, to complete a rep; they move a shorter distance to complete it compared to someone with longer bones. In weightlfiting, this is very obvious. Now having said that, I do agree with Latimus Dorsi on freakish genes on taller athletes. Usually, the strongest people historically been tall (not relative to their weight). But when it comes to relative weight to strength ratio, I have seen more shorter folks who are stronger than the taller ones. Again. I don't have any scientific or published facts on this. Just basing this on observation. Good topic by the way.

yeah what Waldo said about short levers.... short people are mechanically advantaged with moving heavy objects a small distance....

taller people are better at launching projectiles.

Im just over 6"2' I can only full squat 105kg but I can vertical jump 1m.

Taller people can be stronger, but that all comes down to genes etc For a taller person to be stronger would require freakish genes, perfect training, nutritionn, supplementation etc etc

Shorter people are generally represented more in powerlifting etc because they have shorter levers and thus able to push bigger weights on average.

oh yep, i see what you guys are saying. so its sort of a trade off unless your an exception (shorter limbs, shorter distance to move weight - longer limbs, further distance to move weight) so really, it is relative.

http://www.slate.com/id/2104915/

Gene Rychlak Jr. is the best bench-presser in the world. Powerlifting experts coo over the 6-foot-1-inch, 380-pound behemoth's physical attributes.