questions from a beginner

craig

hi guys, im thinking of gettin into bodybuilding an have a couple questions

i hope someone can help me out with.

Firstly are those step by step bodybuilding manuals any good?

Theres 1 out there called The truth about bodybuilding.

Also is there any truth in hair loss due 2 bodybuilding an taking protein supplements?

How long after i stop woking out could i expect to lose my muscle mass?

Any feed back would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Firstly are those step by step bodybuilding manuals any good?

Theres 1 out there called The truth about bodybuilding.

Yeah they're all awesome. Follow them - religiously. Especially if it's written by Ronnie Coleman.

Also is there any truth in hair loss due 2 bodybuilding an taking protein supplements?

Yes - thats why all bodybuilders are bald

How long after i stop woking out could i expect to lose my muscle mass?
About 5 minutes after you leave the gym (why would you stop working out?)

What have you been reading dude? Whatever it is stop it.

Hello Craig and welcome! I will just try to help answer one of your question. There are quite a few step by step manuals out there. Some are good and some are not. I think using them is better than not having any guidance at all. One of the best education you can get is actually going to the gym and asking the trainers there. I know when I started lifting weights, I could not afford to go to gym so I learned by going to the bookstore and browsing the bodybuilding magazines there. In today's world, you are very lucky as you have the internet. You can get a lot of information by just browsing or joining forums like this one. Some folks give good advice and some give bad ones. Remember to take any advice (including mine) with a grain of salt! I wish you all the best in your potential adventure into bodybuilding.

not protein lol! but u can get hair loss from gear, ths y lots of ppl shave thier heads most probably like ronnie etc and even guys in this country too id say

with 2guns on this 1 protien has no relation to hair loss, so when you do start training look at getting around 2 grams of protein per Kg of bodyweight (i know some of you guys will be on much more :) )

with training general rule of thumb is it requires two training sessions per week to maintain mass although i think that 3 would be more relistic.

other then that i have found this forum to be freindly and informative so get in the gym and start training and any questions you need answered along the way can proberbly be answered from some one on this site!

good luck

NZPT

not protein lol! but u can get hair loss from gear, ths y lots of ppl shave thier heads most probably like ronnie etc and even guys in this country too id say

agree hair loss, is either genetically predetermined by genetics. or by using excessive gear. added test in the system.

what I would suggest you do is find a mentor to start you off. a trainer, or an old hat with a reasonable amount of muscle on him / her. books and magazines are a good source to supplement but a good chat and watching someone i found was much more help.

agree hair loss, is either genetically predetermined by genetics. or by using excessive gear. added test in the system.

what I would suggest you do is find a mentor to start you off. a trainer, or an old hat with a reasonable amount of muscle on him / her. books and magazines are a good source to supplement but a good chat and watching someone i found was much more help.

ronnie still has hair to show and that just tells you how good is genetics are despite all the stuff he's taking.

just a question in regards to the..

around 2 grams of protein per Kg of bodyweight

why is it for bodyweight, not say lean mass...i know leanmass is not just muscle, but considering the rest of bodyweight minus lean mass is bodyfat, why essentially provided it with protien?

why is it for bodyweight, not say lean mass...i know leanmass is not just muscle, but considering the rest of bodyweight minus lean mass is bodyfat, why essentially provided it with protien?

its purely a guidline to ensure there is enough protien for protien synthesis, better to have slightly more then less as the remander will be excreted if to much is present. if there isnt a huge excess this is safe, if to much is being excreded it can pull other nutrients out with it.\ and stress the kidneys.

it is a simple guideline as to find a true fat free mass would require a DEXA scan whihc is pricey and not practical.

in a perfect world you would take into account basal metabolic rate and uptake etc but thats just not practical

:)

hope that clears it up for you

NZPT

ronnie still has hair to show and that just tells you how good is genetics are despite all the stuff he's taking.

his head looks pretty bald to me...

you must be on a different planet perhaps :grin: . he's got hair. have you seen the latest pics. (unless he shaved it again).

post-1189-14166817438205_thumb.jpg