NZ's bodybuilding, strength and fitness community
Sign in to follow this  
Xeon

Good places to buy protein powder from?

Hi everyone,

I am looking for good places to buy protein powder from - my goal is good value for money.

I found well-known brands are a lot cheaper if buying from US based online stores, for example Optimum 100% Gold Standard Whey 2lbs is generally under US$30 or NZ$36, but if buying from NZ based online or street stores it is generally NZ$65 - $70. However, international shipping cost sucks, often above US$20 a tub.

So I am wondering, where do you guys buy supplement from? Any recommended places? Wherever possible I would like to support NZ by buying from a NZ based online store or Christchurch based street store - but would like to use the NZ stores that offer the same products at the cheapest prices.

Also, since NZ is renowned for high quality dairy products, would NZ produced whey protein be better than US made?

Thank you!

Check out xtremenutrition.co.nz they usually have sales for ON gold standard whey 100% for $90 (5lbs).

Also daily check wheydeals.co.nz and nutritiondeal.co.nz

Nzmuscle.co.nz is also a great site, sick service. 

For preworkouts etc, its best 2 buy from bodybuilding.com generally since it works out a lot cheaper (shipping is pretty good since tiny tubs)

generally i'll get my proteins locally when they're on special - definately cheaper and easier than trying to buy overseas.

if i feel like extras like pre/intra/post workout whatevers most of the time its cheaper to get from bodybuilding.com or iherb.com. as they're smaller goods, they dont get hit as hard with the shipping costs so its affordable. keep an eye out though, we get good specials going locally check nzmuscle.co.nz (protein + preworkout combos for under $100), xplosivsupplements.co.nz/ also get good deals running every couple weeks

There is sportsfule used them three times this year while I have been preping for my comps and there service is mega quick and they have specials on there including the cost per serve on any type of supplement that they sell

Thank you very much, guys. I will try these out.

Recently I started to break muscles into smaller groups and train each group more intensely. However, I have to lower the weights so that I can finish all exercises before the muscle group gets too fatigued.

For example, I used to do 2 exercises for biceps, 12 reps x 3 sets each, now I do 4 exercises, 12 reps x 4 sets each - instead of lifting 80% of my maximum each rep like I used to, now I have to lower it to 60% so that I can finish all 4 sets of the 4 exercises. 

Would things like this http://www.eatmesupplements.co.nz/our-range/our-samples/cobra-labs-the-curse-single-serving.html help make muscles last longer and at the same time keep weights heavy?

wow just checked iherb.com .. didnt realise they have flat rate shipping - $8 for up to 8lbs. can get ON 5lb tub for $72 usd + $8usd shipping , crazy! already got 3 tubs of protein here from various deals locally but i know where i'm getting my next one from

wow just checked iherb.com .. didnt realise they have flat rate shipping - $8 for up to 8lbs. can get ON 5lb tub for $72 usd + $8usd shipping , crazy! already got 3 tubs of protein here from various deals locally but i know where i'm getting my next one from

Isn't the $8 shipping for US only?