flatulence

haydz0r

anyone else get awesome flatulence when starting a new diet where you eat heaps? haha mine have been so bad for about a week now :oops: its embarrasing..

how much does everyone spend on food each week aswell? im going to have to get a job to fuel this hobby of mine, the parents are going to catch on soon that the cupboards are almost empty haha :roll:

the farts, i think are a lack of fibre in the diet pushing everything through and cleaning you out. I suggest the fruit and brocolli is the way to fix this problem. that and grains, porridge. stay away from bread as my experience is this clogs you up more. in regards to money. start shopping smarter.

beef and chicken buy when it's on special

tuna and salmon cans are relatively cheap and if you buy the big ones they are cheaper again.

eggs are a good source and they are relatively cheap $7 a tray.

fruit and vege are a stunner and get these from the vege shop as this is normally this is cheaper than the supermarket.

I would suggest tell the olds that you are getting into this, they should be keen as it's a healthy lifestyle that will set you up for a long and healthy life. they should be happier to see you eat this than KFC and maccas (wathcing the chubby guy on downsize me at the moment) and if you feel bad and am keen start paying for the shopping.

budget wise I am spenind about $150 a week on food.

If you live near a farming community, that might help. Having a relationship with a farmer can help you get lower priced groceries. Farmers usually get only a certain percentage cut for selling their produce to the wholesaler or co-op. They usually get a larger profit if they sell to the consumer directly. Usually, they are more than happy to sell their produce to you at a cheaper price. If you buy in bulk, you can save even more!

Hard to say how much I spend a week but it would be close to $100 but that's counting protein powder.

A basic shopping list for me is

Tray of eggs ($6 at Pak'n'Save)

3L Milk ($4)

5 cans tuna ($1.16 each)

1 loaf of bread ($3)

5 cans beans ($0.58c each)

1kg chicken ($12.95 at Pak'n'Save)

1.5kg of oats ($3.40)

3 packs 1kg frozen veges ($2/pack)

Coffee ($4)

Protein Powder ($30/week)

This is Monday to Friday, Breakfast to afternoon tea. Evening meals and weekends are extra and varied.

[EDIT] Oh wait this thread is about farting.....I read somewhere that farting is a sign of bad protein. Crappy powder in particular will give you bad-ass.....er, farts

Hard to say how much I spend a week but it would be close to $100 but that's counting protein powder.

A basic shopping list for me is

Tray of eggs ($6 at Pak'n'Save)

3L Milk ($4)

5 cans tuna ($1.16 each)

1 loaf of bread ($3)

5 cans beans ($0.58c each)

1kg chicken ($12.95 at Pak'n'Save)

1.5kg of oats ($3.40)

3 packs 1kg frozen veges ($2/pack)

Coffee ($4)

Protein Powder ($30/week)

This is Monday to Friday, Breakfast to afternoon tea. Evening meals and weekends are extra and varied.

[EDIT] Oh wait this thread is about farting.....I read somewhere that farting is a sign of bad protein. Crappy powder in particular will give you bad-ass.....er, farts

Damn bro! only $100 per week on food!!! You cant eat very much LOL

I dont spend mush more than 100 a week for food, i dont buy much rubbish food and eat very basic, anout 5 kgs of meat a week, rice once a month and vegetables, milk is also there as well as some protein powder but i mostly rely of real food, protein powder is just there for conveinence incase i'm in a rush, which i usually have 2 days in advance food prep.