Week 2:

* Monday - Workout B

* Wednesday - Workout A

* Friday - Workout B

Workout A:

* 3x5 Squat

* 3x5 Bench Press

* 1x5 Deadlifts

* **2x8 Dips (if you cant do these or no assist machine then do Decline Dumbbell Bench Press with your hands Facing each other)

Workout B:

* 3x5 Squat

* 3x5 Standing military press

* 3x5 Bent Rows (or power cleans - ive decided not to do these because

ive been told they are dangerous for a beginner)

* 2x8 Chin-ups

ABS will be done twice per week

Decline Situps 2x10

Hanging Leg Lifts 2x10

V-Ups 2x10

Diet

If you are taking in 3200 per day and you wanted 30% of your calories to come from protein, 50% of your calories to come from carbs and 20% of your calories to come from fat, then you would need to take in about

240 grams of protein per day.

400 grams of carbs per day.

71 grams of fat per day.

ATLEAST THIS IS WHAT IM AIMING FOR!!

its very hard to get this amount of food living with my parents as they dont really want to support me in my endevour, so im thinking about getting a job to help pay for the food im eating. at the moment im not eating how i should be.

Notes and questions.

GOALS!

strength

Good to see you put up a journal bud. I'd recommend a modified version of Rippetoes, always a good starting point. For pure Rippetoes the only exercises you do are Squats, Deads, Bench, Military Press, Dips and Chins. Seen as your BB orientated you could add in a bit of isolation stuff, or a lot, it's always your choice. But you really should include all of that stuff in there. Good luck with the training aye, stick at it and it'll be fun and rewarding.

And I know what you mean with the poses. When I do mine it looks like I'm taking a stubborn dump. :pfft:

Good to see you put up a journal bud. I'd recommend a modified version of Rippetoes, always a good starting point. For pure Rippetoes the only exercises you do are Squats, Deads, Bench, Military Press, Dips and Chins. Seen as your BB orientated you could add in a bit of isolation stuff, or a lot, it's always your choice. But you really should include all of that stuff in there. Good luck with the training aye, stick at it and it'll be fun and rewarding.

And I know what you mean with the poses. When I do mine it looks like I'm taking a stubborn dump. :pfft:

cheers mike :D hm yeah ive seen rippetoes workouts, he does a lot of the 5 x 5 stuff eh? hmm, ill definately include all those exercises, ive got to figure out what ill do on what day now. I'll research it some more tomorrow, but for now, i need sleep :)

• 2 weeks later...

today!

3 x 5 squats at 30 kg + the bar

3 x 5 bench press at 30 kg + the bar

3 x 5 deadlift (was only supposed to do one set but forgot!) at 20kg + the bar

2 x 8 dips

felt pretty good, first ever lifting weights session, had the gym guy working there help me with technique, was pretty intense for me i must say! i admire everyones hard work as i see guys squatting well over 100 and deadlifts the same.

next session is friday/saturday

Hell I dont think I could do one dip when I started.

And let's not talk about chins... Some of us still have problems with those! :pfft:

Good stuff, Hayden. So have you started training at a gym now? If this was your first session, you're going to be sore tomorrow! :grin:

Good stuff, Hayden. So have you started training at a gym now? If this was your first session, you're going to be sore tomorrow! :grin:

haha tomorrow is here and surprisingly not too sore, but what most stands out are my hamstrings! wow! they are sore, i dont think they have ever been worked out before haha :|

I have gymnastics tonight from 6-8 which im going to have to take easy because of my overall soreness.

goodshit :lol:

well i moved house in the weekend, just me and my dad, so my back has been well owned and decided to miss mondays workout because of it.

i rested till wednesday and on wednesday i did core.

russian twists with a 5 kg medicine ball 2 sets of 8

leg extensions on a swiss ball 2 sets of 8

cable extension 2 sets of 8 (forgot to write down the weight >_<)

upper body extension on swiss ball + hold 2 sets of 8

medicine ball situps (throwing them) 2 sets of 8 at 5 kg

today is thursday and i have gymnastics tonight, but my abs are so sore (which is unusual because my abs havent been this sore since i first started gymnastics - those core exercises are a killer!) and my back is still feeling weak i think i may give it a miss.

3 x 5 squat 1 at 30 kg, 2 at 35 kg - went up 5 kg, could have done more i think but didnt want to overdo it.

3 x 5 military press 1 at 5kg, 2 at 10kg

3 x 5 bent rows 1 at 20 kg, 2 at 30 kg

1x8, 1x6, 1x5 chinups

the bar weighs 10 kg according to the lady at the gym but i think it weighs 20 kg as i picked up 10 kg weight, then the bar and the bar was heavier.. so ill keep asking other people about the correct weight. might even be a good idea to see if it says it on the bar eh? haha

WOOT!

okay i found out the bar is actually 20kg, so from now on all weights will be bar inclusive.

TODAY! new high :) haha quite a big improvement in my squat

Squat 3 x 5 at 70kg!!!

Deadlift 1 x 5 at 60kg

Benchpress 2 x 5 at 50 kg then 1 x 5 at 60 kg

Dips 2 x 8

Calf Raises 3 x 8 at 146 kg (maxed out the machine, wouldnt go any higher.. :x )

WOOT!!

3x5 squat at 80kg! :pfft:

3x5 standing military press - 2 sets of 35kg, 1 set at 28 kg

3x5 bent over barbell row - 1 set of 60kg, 2 sets of 50kg

2x8 chin ups

3x8 calf raises - 1 set of 126kg, 2 sets of 166kg

nice

:pfft: :pfft: :pfft:

Squat 3x5 80kg

Standing Military Press 3x5 35kg 1x4 38kg

Bent Over Barbell Row 3x5 50kg

Calf Raises 1x8 120kg 1x8 166kg 2x8 206kg

Chin ups 2x8

I have a muscle imbalance in my left leg compared to my right, and also in my left bicep compared to my right. My right side is compensating for my left side. How can i fix this? ARGH!