Phantomb's Photos

Phantomb

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

good work keep at it amn. definatly get someone to do your BF with callapers far more accurate then scales if the tester knows what there doing.

Scales use electrtical impedance which largly uses the water in your body, so dependent on your hydration level your body fat will flactuate.

excuse my ignorance, but how can scales determine yr bodyfat accuratly?

They usually don't.

those bodyfat scales are just a gimmic. you get a guy that weigs 80 kg at bout 6 percent bodyfat ( like just before a comp etc ) and the scales will still say 12 percent.

those scales usually have a setting like normal and athlete, they need a a setting that says : bodybuilder ....offseason/comp 8)

OK here's the 2nd set.

Weighed in at 87.4kg yesterday after waking up. Last set I was 81.6kg.

These photos were taken after the gym today so I'm full of shake and oats and weighing round 89kg.

Photos are shitty quality - bad light and focus unfortunately. Would've loved to have gotten the poses right but I was exhausted after a couple.

post-606-14166817437404_thumb.jpg

post-606-1416681743761_thumb.jpg

post-606-14166817437811_thumb.jpg

post-606-14166817438004_thumb.jpg

ok looking at your pics you are needing work on your calves. switch it on to seated and standing calves on your leg workouts. you need some shape in your back. close grip pull dows and switch your ab work to high reps low weights to narrow the waist and make the back look wider. apart from the the mid section looks pretty good.

ok looking at your pics you are needing work on your calves. switch it on to seated and standing calves on your leg workouts. you need some shape in your back. close grip pull dows and switch your ab work to high reps low weights to narrow the waist and make the back look wider. apart from the the mid section looks pretty good.

Heh, I don't do any calf or Ab work at the moment. I'm looking to work em in but I'm more concerned about building a base on the bigger exercises.

Certainly looking more solid, Phantomb - good job! I agree with frogie though... If you don't train your calves now, you're just creating a problem later on. Better not to let anything lag behind in the first place. :)

switch your ab work to high reps low weights to narrow the waist and make the back look wider

I haven't heard this school of thought before, Frogie. Can you elaborate on it? What's the theory behind the high reps narrowing the waist?

If your concentrate on working your lats more that will give the illusion of a smaller waist.

yeah that and i have found that the higher reps lower weights on the abs cuts them up more and tightens everything nicely. it is more of a work in conjuntion with thing. the other extent is when you train high weights low reps the muscle become large nd chunky e.g coleman. where as if you train high reps and low weights they lean and define (e.g sprinter runners legs) I know this example bounces from sports and muscle groups but i have found that it can be moved to BB and training. that is if you want size lift heavy and short. if you want lean and defined. lift long and light. abs is no different to any other muscle group and should be trained as such.