World First at Health and Sports Gym Kingsland!

waldo

All the Squat racks were in use! AND there's two of them! I just about fell over to actually find people doing squats....until I noticed:

Person A: Doing Chin ups and bicep curl supersets in rack one

Person B: Doing static lunges with no weight in rack two.

There's a reason they are called SQUAT racks! Rant over....

Was also good to see some of the All Blacks training, Joe Rokocoko, Tony Woodcock, and Ali Williams. Ali makes me feel really short, after taking a close look at Joe, I would NOT want to tacklne him at all, and Woodcock, well he's a strong looking lad. His lower back is about the size of a large beer keg. All were doing plyometric type training, as well as swiss ball dumbell throw em' around type exercises.

Nice post, Waldo! Hey, those clowns using the squats racks for other things were just doing what the machine name told them ... diddly SQUAT!! :pfft:

I reckon Ali Williams would make most other people look and feel short, plus some of those All Black props would probably excel in other sports like powerlifting.

I also wonder how some of those guys would do in bodybuilding - I mean look at the "wheels" on Luke McAllister?! I don't know how his upper body would match up, but I sure would love to have leg muscles the size of his for competing with!

There was once a prop named Greg Burgess, he played against the Springboks in 1981. I know he had a 320kg deadlift and won the super heavy title for NZ a few times. Norm Hewiit apparently posessed a 190kg bench.

Have seen Mcalister in there a few times too, he's set up nicely, bastard!

Ha - I'd to see big Norm doing that bench press wearing a tux and dancing shoes! :lol: Maybe someone could start a new TV series "Powerlifting with the Stars"??

Seriously, that's a massive lift by Greg Burgess. I also remember an All Black prop from the 1980s (Gary Knight - the one hit by the flower bomb at Eden Park vs the Springboks, 1981) won a Commonwealth Games wrestling medal - bronze I think, in 1974 or 1978.

It seems these front-row forwards are quite versatile sportsmen .... if you consider ballroom dancing as a sport?! :pfft:

All the Squat racks were in use! AND there's two of them! I just about fell over to actually find people doing squats....until I noticed:

Person A: Doing Chin ups and bicep curl supersets in rack one

Person B: Doing static lunges with no weight in rack two.

There's a reason they are called SQUAT racks! Rant over....

Was also good to see some of the All Blacks training, Joe Rokocoko, Tony Woodcock, and Ali Williams. Ali makes me feel really short, after taking a close look at Joe, I would NOT want to tacklne him at all, and Woodcock, well he's a strong looking lad. His lower back is about the size of a large beer keg. All were doing plyometric type training, as well as swiss ball dumbell throw em' around type exercises.

lol2.gif Nice rant.

Yeah, Luke McAllisters legs are kewl. Matt Utai's got some sizeable wheels on him too love.gif

There was once a prop named Greg Burgess, he played against the Springboks in 1981. I know he had a 320kg deadlift and won the super heavy title for NZ a few times. Norm Hewiit apparently posessed a 190kg bench.

Have seen Mcalister in there a few times too, he's set up nicely, bastard!

Those days are gone mate. You'd be lucky to find any of them with over a 250kg above // squat or 160kg bench.

How many of them are natural though is another question

i doubt this mate. what makes u say they are not natural (or hinting that some arnt) can u be more specific bout y u think this?

You'd be suprised too about how many rugby players use. I know 3 that do, 2 of them at high school level... the other is high club level.

GOOD! at least they are using it for something. there are lots of people out there who dont compete or play any sports that use gear just for looks, and really young people too. u would be suprised at the age of some boys on the juice.

another reason high school level and club players would get away with it is they arent tested as frequently and as hard as the professionla rugby players.

Quote:

i doubt this mate. what makes u say they are not natural (or hinting that some arnt) can u be more specific bout y u think this?

I think I've mentioned this in another thread some time ago. I was told some time ago by an extremely reliable source that he knew of at least half a dozen high level rugby players who were (or have) used, some of which are current All Blacks. He told me one name of a former AB. I don't thnk it's right to mention it in the forum though.

I personally think using gear before 25 is a waste of time. 17 is just lazy.

Quote:

I think I've mentioned this in another thread some time ago. I was told some time ago by an extremely reliable source that he knew of at least half a dozen high level rugby players who were (or have) used, some of which are current All Blacks. He told me one name of a former AB. I don't thnk it's right to mention it in the forum though.

Heard exactly the same thing about top rugby playes including names also agree on your age though I would say anyone under 21 using is just lazy and too imaptient.

Quote:

That sounds pretty rational.

How is that possible? Don't they get tested? For how long after taking anabolic steroids does it show up on the test? I'm not denying I just don't understand...

what makes a 20 year old using aas any less or more lazy than say a 25 year old?

that comment doesnt make sense to me.

The statement was a 17 year old. If you're using before mid 20's and you're not an elite sportsman, then chances are you'd make alot of gains by getting off your lazy butt and doing some hard work. 17 year old schoolboys on roids is just wrong, there are a bunch of them and the sad thing is I only ever saw one schoolboy rugby player who I knew was stronger than myself (natural). He was a complete freakshow and had an NRL contract lined up at 18.

what makes a 20 year old using aas any less or more lazy than say a 25 year old?

that comment doesnt make sense to me.

Because your hormone levels are perfectly suited to making quality natural gains at this time. Why not go as far as you feel you can naturally before using aas? Because most early-twenties don't have the patience.

Using aas at 17 is lazyness man. Wouldn't have a clue about diet & training properly.

Maybe impatience is a better word.

I get what you're saying, but at 25 you're still going to be a lot further down the track than a younger user. Not just in natural potential, but in diet & training knowlege.