Ab King Pro

shane

I haven't tried it (actually, I hadn't even heard of it till now!) but I just looked it up.

http://www.telebrands.com/international/abking.html

I had a good laugh at the before/after animations - looks like the product will also turn a fat slob into a toned, tanned sexy body (with great abs, of course!). Obviously, all these ab products do that, so I shouldn't be surprised, but it still amuses me.

Anyway, my opinion on the product itself? The "amazing 200 degree range of motion that targets your upper, lower, middle abs and oblique all at once with one smooth up and down motion!" is fine. The fact that it goes back past horizontal is nice - as they say, it does provide a better range of motion. However, I take issue with their so-called upper, lower, and middle abs... these are really all one muscle. Also, it only moves in one plane (up and down), so I'd be dubious about claims it also targets the obliques.

There was one ab machine advertised a while back that I thought looked quite good. You sat on a seat, held onto some handles with your feet out in front of you, and swivelled as well as crunched (thus hitting obliques too). Anyone know what this machine was?

There was one ab machine advertised a while back that I thought looked quite good. You sat on a seat, held onto some handles with your feet out in front of you, and swivelled as well as crunched (thus hitting obliques too). Anyone know what this machine was?

i have one tht sounds jst wat u are describing and it is called instant abs

And do you rate it, Big_J? How does it compare to other ab machines?

Here's a very similar-looking one to the AbKing, called the Ab Phlex. Funnily enough, it also has the "amazing 200 degree range of motion that targets your upper, lower, middle abs and obliques all at once, on the way up and down." Sounds like they're using the same script! Anyway, if you can get past the awful spelling (looks too much like "Phlegm", IMO), there's one on Trademe for $2.50. :grin:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Sports/Exercis ... 984087.htm

I have used a couple of these type products before one I bought years ago through a telemarketing scheme (scam) niether gave me abs like I saw on TV but they did build up good strength in my midsection.

I think one even came with a recommended diet with it too, because thats really how you get the abs you see in the ads

• 4 weeks later...