workout shoes

Varven

What shoes do you guys and girls workout in.

I used a pair of Nike cushioned ones.. bad bad bad idea if youre squatting. DOH !

Now im after some cheap flat ones.. any suggestions ?

Some powerlifters swear by chuck taylors.. now I gotta figure out where in Auckland I can get chuck Taylors from ...

Managed to get my hands on Adidas weightlifting shoes after the comp on saturday for these two weeks and Oceania in Samoa. Definately feel stronger off the floor with a wooden heel. Feet are much more "snappy" and "sharp" and overall balance has improved. I'm planning on ordering some new ones soon, as I have to return these. Many powerlifters use OL shoes for their lifts.

I got some Adidas lifting shoes. I have lifted in normal school shoes and for squatting they can do quite well. Proper lifting shoes are the way to go if you're not squatting with a really wide stance.

I don't like the lifting shoes for heavy rack pulls and deadlifts, just in socks feels most comfortable, other than that, I love my Adidas ones.

You can get Chucks from Stirling sports, but the Warehouse and NO1 shoe Warehouse both have cheaper versions that can be used. Guess you could pimp them up a bit with fluoro laces and stuff haha.

Big mac,

I use a very wide stance and hence cushioned shoes get unstable. I might go check out warehouse stuff and see if I can make do b efore I jump on the net and order pricey ones.

Id love to workout with no shoes, but thats not allowed in comps, so gotta get used to it and the gym staff might get cranky about it.

I recently bought a pair of tennis shoes, and love 'em. I'm not sure whether it's a common characteristic of all tennis shoes, but these ones have a really solid sole (which is why I got them). I know other people with tennis shoes have found them so stiff that it's hard to bend the toes in a calf raise exercise, but I haven't had a problem.

I dont train in shoes just the plain bare feet or jandals, IMO i get a better feel when squatting in bare feet, but any shoe that keeps your feet flat is good for squating.

From the west side boys: Chuck Taylors for Squatting, wrestling shoes for DL and Bench (gives better grip on floor)

Get real funny looks from dudes in my gym when im squatting no shoes shorts hoody with rugby jersy over top and a beanie with 2 spot on the bar and some chain either side classic