new fat loss product-oso lean,any one tried this??

mr natural

Interesting....owner of one of the local gyms I work out of wanted me to come in and buy some of the stock in with her....BUT to me it sounded like alot of hype and bs and coming from a science-based background didnt really buy into it.....I was more interested in the company that sells it - Mannatech..seems like and advanced form of 'avon' to me?! Who is to say its any better than horleys or balance etc etc + the price is phenomenal for a months supply and it comes in tiny container sizes..... :-s :-s

yeah thats my thoughts on it too.An expensive way for the average person wanting to lose weight to buy protein powder. As i read through there handout it sounds like the fat loss was achieved purely through increased protein and decreased cal intake,hence the marketing line "In the reduced kilojoule diet,half the weight loss was fat and half was muscle.By adding osolean powder,lean muscle was preserved"

The marketing person said to me the advanced peptide formula goes into the fat cell and eats the fat, i was like that sounds like a good peptide lol

hahaha what a croc, more marketing fraud.

i guess its so expenxive because everyone above you gets a cut of the profits lol! talk about multiple middle men.

I just checked out there web site http://www.mannatechosolean.com and what a load of marketing crap and not to mention the "* This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration" at the bottom of each page .... personal I wouldn't go near the stuff

so shotgun suppliments would not stock this product? or would they?! :pfft:

I just checked out there web site http://www.mannatechosolean.com and what a load of marketing crap and not to mention the "* This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration" at the bottom of each page .... personal I wouldn't go near the stuff

so shotgun suppliments would not stock this product? or would they?! :pfft:

Not to sure but if they do it would be a great price :pfft:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Folks just read your blurbs on the osolean product, having a son who is 21 and he has been working out at the gym every day for the past 12months he could not lose fast, when we put him on osolean he went from stomach size 107cm to 97cm in 8 weeks. I personally have lost 7cms around my gut and dont do much exercise. So to read your comments was pretty sad. As you would have people who look up to you if the pictures are true.

Osolean targets bad fat by converting it into energy.

Any way I dont want to bore you, however a product that is backed by 2 double blind placebo tests and is patented must have something going for it.

A comment I once heard ( condemnation without invetistigation is the height of all arrogance ) this was me once as well as I was apposed (closed minded) to all health products including exercise( how dumb I was).

Look forward to hearing your comments.

there's not thing special about oso lean expect the price of it. It really is just a moderate to highish serving of protein powder. If you read the documentation study that comes with it in the double blind test all it simply says is that both groups reduced their cals/intake by 500 cals each a day which usually equals weight loss over time,to which they did both loss the same amount of weight, the only difference was that the oso lean group lost less muscle than the group that simply cut cal's and did not have enough protein in there diet to maintain their muscle mass.Its a very basic principle of weight loss/ muscle maintence type dieting and nothing that can't be done with anyother type of protein suppliment or high protien type food. Its simply about ratio's, eat enough protein to support muscle mass while eating less calories than you need daily to support weight loss.

I appreciate what you are saying however you miss what this product is.

It is not only a protien powder but an exclusive proprietary peptide technology that supports the loss of centimetres by targeting fat tissue and sparing lean muscle.

The product works in 4 Activity Mechanisms:- if you would like to know more I can send you the information. What I love about this is it helps thousands of people to see results fast that then motivate them to eat and exercise more.

Im about helping people with there health. Its not about me but them.

What I also love is I dont have to bother with counting calories, eating rabbit food,special diets ect, all I know is it has worked on me.

Kind regards

Wayne

I appreciate what you are saying however you miss what this product is.

It is not only a protien powder but an exclusive proprietary peptide technology that supports the loss of centimetres by targeting fat tissue and sparing lean muscle.

The product works in 4 Activity Mechanisms:- if you would like to know more I can send you the information. What I love about this is it helps thousands of people to see results fast that then motivate them to eat and exercise more.

What I also love is I dont have to bother with counting calories, eating rabbit food,special diets ect, all I know is it has worked on me.

Kind regards

Wayne

wayne you have a lot of specific information on something you 'just put your son on to loose fat

I agree, still think its nothing special just gimmick / marketing hype and maybe a little placebo effect thrown in in the minds of some users.

Increase your dietary protein and drop some cals in a few other areas during your day and sure your weight / body comp will change, when combined with exercise.

I find it very hard to believe that someone could not train 'properly' and with some guidance for a year and not change their body comp and so have to resort to this product to solve all their problems

Thanks for your response. Here is some more information.

The product works in 4 Activity Mechanisms:-

1. Contains protein rich in branch-chain amino acids (Leu, Ile, Val) →protein synthesis. What this basically means is that it contains protein from the whey this is what helps spare the lean muscle, which helps keep your energy and metabolism levels up whilst you exercise.

When you go on a normal diet you will lose 5% fat and 5% muscle and when you lose that muscle you are less inclined to want to be active and exercise and your energy levels will be low the idea with the product is that you burn off that 5% fat but keep that Muscle.

2. Contains ACE (angiotensin converting enzyme) inhibiting peptides adipose (fat cell) metabolism - What this means is that the Angiotensin converting enzyme help inhibit fat cells from building up so stop any new fat cells producing and you can work on burning off the old fat.

3. Glycomacropeptidesstimulate release of Cholecystokinin (CCK) →satiation

Cholecystokinin or other wise known as (CCK) is a natural chemical in your tummy that when you have eaten enough tells your brain “Hey I am full” the Product helps stimulate the release of this chemical and this is why we recommend that you consume the product 20 minutes before breakfast and 20 minuets before your evening meal so it release the CCK and you don’t eat as much as you normally would.

4. Calcitrophichormone regulation →lipolysis - This means that the product helps regulate the amount of fat that you convert into energy whist you exercise.

Where does the fat go? -

The fat will be converted into energy whilst you go on that walk or do your exercise at the gym and depending on how much you push your body the more fat will be burnt away, its almost like the fat is used as a fuel for your body to do these activities.

How long should I continue to use the product for?

Well this is up to you I guess once you have reached your goal you can stop as long as you maintain proper exercise and keep to a balanced low GI diet.

If you would like to see a video go to http://www.osoeasyfatloss.co.nz and it is at the bottom of the page.

1. Contains protein rich in branch-chain amino acids (Leu, Ile, Val) →protein synthesis. What this basically means is that it contains protein from the whey this is what helps spare the lean muscle, which helps keep your energy and metabolism levels up whilst you exercise.

When you go on a normal diet you will lose 5% fat and 5% muscle and when you lose that muscle you are less inclined to want to be active and exercise and your energy levels will be low the idea with the product is that you burn off that 5% fat but keep that Muscle.

2. Contains ACE (angiotensin converting enzyme) inhibiting peptides adipose (fat cell) metabolism - What this means is that the Angiotensin converting enzyme help inhibit fat cells from building up so stop any new fat cells producing and you can work on burning off the old fat.

Cholecystokinin or other wise known as (CCK) is a natural chemical in your tummy that when you have eaten enough tells your brain “Hey I am full” the Product helps stimulate the release of this chemical and this is why we recommend that you consume the product 20 minutes before breakfast and 20 minuets before your evening meal so it release the CCK and you don’t eat as much as you normally would.

4. Calcitrophichormone regulation →lipolysis - This means that the product helps regulate the amount of fat that you convert into energy whist you exercise.

Where does the fat go? -

The fat will be converted into energy whilst you go on that walk or do your exercise at the gym and depending on how much you push your body the more fat will be burnt away, its almost like the fat is used as a fuel for your body to do these activities.

Well this is up to you I guess once you have reached your goal you can stop as long as you maintain proper exercise and keep to a balanced low GI diet.

If you would like to see a video go to http://www.osoeasyfatloss.co.nz and it is at the bottom of

Where does the fat go? -

If you would like to see a video go to http://www.osoeasyfatloss.co.nz and it is at the bottom of the page.

ok

1.yes,product is protein rich

2.sounds fancy, but what your trying to say is it will help inhibit EXISTING fat cells increasing in size(fat gain)The are a number of products which can do this, one of the most basic is calcium.

3. again, sounds fancy it should be called a"proprietary blend" but again there's an ammino acid in protein powder which has the same effect as an appetite suppressant so mute point really.

4. yes thats pretty much what should happen if your maintaining a high protien diet and training correctly.

sorry for all the fancy sicentific names and marketing the product still does not seem to do anything extra ordinary

Hi Folks just read your blurbs on the osolean product, having a son who is 21 and he has been working out at the gym every day for the past 12months he could not lose fast, when we put him on osolean he went from stomach size 107cm to 97cm in 8 weeks. I personally have lost 7cms around my gut and dont do much exercise. So to read your comments was pretty sad. As you would have people who look up to you if the pictures are true.

Osolean targets bad fat by converting it into energy.

Any way I dont want to bore you, however a product that is backed by 2 double blind placebo tests and is patented must have something going for it.

A comment I once heard ( condemnation without invetistigation is the height of all arrogance ) this was me once as well as I was apposed (closed minded) to all health products including exercise( how dumb I was).

Look forward to hearing your comments.

Good to hear you got good results but you have to be careful with MLM company's like Mannatech that you don't get blinded by the pseudo-science. I guess you're probably selling it (hence the link) so at least you believe in the product, however if you are selling it you should try to understand what's actually in it. There is nothing all that amazing about this product - it contains hydrolyzed whey (whey predigested with enzymes) and whey mineral complex which is milk calcium. It's possible that they may have used an special hydolyzing process to isolate different fractions in the whey however it's hard to find any real information about the product. This is the same product as Prolibra™ which was developed by Glanbia Nutritional (an Irish dairy company), who commissioned the scientific study Mannatech refer to - http://www.nutritionandmetabolism.com/content/5/1/8.

It's interesting to note in the study that they divided the participants into 3 groups, a control group, the Prolibra group and a third experimental group. For some reason they completely leave the third group out of the results. My only thoughts behind this is that it maybe the third group lost more weight or body fat and didn't make Prolibra look as effective as they wanted/needed it to.

I'd be interested to see the comparison in results between a standard whey protein supplement and this product, as opposed to vs a carbohydrate supplement that the placebo group used. I'm speculating here, but it's possible that the third group used a protein supplement which might explain why the results were omitted.

BTW that information you posted about Amino's, CCK etc applies to all whey protein supplements. It looks like angiotensin converting enzyme inhibiting peptides are only found in hydrolysed whey however there are plenty of those around that don't make such outlandish claims about weight loss. There are several studies showing calcium may improve fat loss, hence where the benefit might come from by combining dairy calcium with whey, and why calcium caseinate may be better for fatloss than other proteins - probably even better than osolean.

Haha, what would the world do without MLM - it's all about the other people never about yourself or the money you earn from the people underneath you buying the product off you.