• NZ's bodybuilding, strength and fitness community

Pics of 'severe' over time 2007-.

severe

#1 – Posted 27 September 2007 - 11:12 PM

severe

• 1902 posts
  • LocationUsing the Higgs Boson to gain mass
[2007]
sorry, no before shots, but I was doing split routines and have noticed the growth compared to full body workouts.

have dabbled in lifting over the years but never took it seriously, but since December 06 I have kept fairly true to training 3x a week. I'm 6'2" and 87kgs. not a hulk, but getting the shape I want... though always room for improvement. 8) considering I was around 80 2 years ago goes along way to prove the benefits of lifting heavy with purpose. having a training log helps.

Posted Image

cheers guys.

edit: year clarification added.

poos_n_wees

#2 – Posted 27 September 2007 - 11:31 PM

poos_n_wees

• 4511 posts
Slowly but surely ;) Arms and lats are looking good! How're the legs ?
Well done on your progress thus far Posted Image Posted Image Having a training log and taking progress pics definitely helps keep the motivation burning :nod:

Nothin to it but to do it

Pseudonym

#3 – Posted 28 September 2007 - 12:14 AM

Pseudonym

Site Admin

• 10888 posts
  • LocationAuckland
Nice one. You know what they say - good things take time. Have you considered trying a 4-day split for a bit of variety? Sometimes a change like that can give you quite a boost.

Also, this seems like as good a place as any to welcome you - so welcome. :D

blairandkelly

#4 – Posted 28 September 2007 - 06:53 AM

blairandkelly

• 616 posts
  • Locationgoldcoast
lookin good and lean mate what are your goals ..?

"succeed at bodybuilding and youll have twice the strength to handle life". the oak

blairandkelly

#5 – Posted 28 September 2007 - 06:55 AM

blairandkelly

• 616 posts
  • Locationgoldcoast
oh and a very warm welcom to you :grin:

"succeed at bodybuilding and youll have twice the strength to handle life". the oak

Cammo

#6 – Posted 28 September 2007 - 08:15 AM

Cammo

• 851 posts
  • LocationWest Auckland
Looking good mate.

You have the height to be able to really pack on the size & still look leanish.

I was around 80kg when I started lifting (6"2 also) and I'm currently sitting on 109kg.... although I've got some bf to lose, I'm nowhere near fat.
How does your diet etc look?

Would be good to see some wheel shots.

Keep it up.

Always on a Bulker

2guns

#7 – Posted 28 September 2007 - 08:21 AM

2guns

Banned

• 5313 posts

You have the height to be able to really pack on the size & still look leanish.

i agree its easier for a guy my height to look good, but geez when i guy over 6foot is got a big and lean physique they look fucken mean!!!

severe

#8 – Posted 28 September 2007 - 11:34 PM

severe

• 1902 posts
cheers guys.

poos_n_wees: the legs are slower in change. though I do have a deeper butt crack now! damn sweaty butt crack... I include one in shorts when I post new pics in a few months. I normally train in track pants as I have tats down one leg and I try not to stick out. so I cover up.

Pseudonym: I havent thought past my 3 day split. what do you recommend? I am keen for any extra intel 8)

blairandkelly: size. grew up thin. taken a few decades to get my shit sorted.

Cammo: the diet is getting there. I start getting better money next year so will have the diet sorted fully by then. just eat whatever I can get. tuna sandwiches, and even canned cornbeef! being tall does help hide the sins of diet! not looking to go pro but just need that size. will focus more on definition when I can get that extra weight. would like to end up around 95-100kgs. but time will tell.

2guns: seems like its been a hard road to notice a change in myself, and the best is (of course) always while lifting. god I love that pump.

as you say guys, good things take time. cheers for your time and support!

Pseudonym

#9 – Posted 29 September 2007 - 01:31 AM

Pseudonym

Site Admin

• 10888 posts
  • LocationAuckland
There's certainly nothing wrong with a 3-day split, but it's good to change things around every so often. If you're going for a 4-day split, it really depends on you - how much time you have, any body parts you want to give extra work, etc. But here's a good basic split:

Mon: Back, biceps
Tue: Chest, triceps
Thur: Legs
Fri: Shoulders, Abs

diamond

#10 – Posted 29 September 2007 - 11:34 AM

diamond

• 832 posts
  • Locationnorth

There's certainly nothing wrong with a 3-day split, but it's good to change things around every so often. If you're going for a 4-day split, it really depends on you - how much time you have, any body parts you want to give extra work, etc. But here's a good basic split:

Mon: Back, biceps
Tue: Chest, triceps
Thur: Legs
Fri: Shoulders, Abs

i agree. the good old mon tues / thurs fri split is hard to beat. 3 days a week is probably just enough to maintain a reasonable physique but not enough if you want to add some size.

2guns

#11 – Posted 29 September 2007 - 06:38 PM

2guns

Banned

• 5313 posts
i do a 5 day split and its fine.

in no particular order

chest
shoulders
back
legs
arms

abs everyday

gonan start weights twice a day soon though so its intersting to c wat splits ppl do, in the end i think we all get the same results comes down to how hard u train

diamond

#12 – Posted 29 September 2007 - 10:11 PM

diamond

• 832 posts
  • Locationnorth

in the end i think we all get the same results comes down to how hard u train

yep

severe

#13 – Posted 03 October 2007 - 09:37 PM

severe

• 1902 posts
Sweet as guys for your input! I will be looking to change my current routine soon so will give the mon-tue thur-fri a go.

severe

#14 – Posted 23 December 2011 - 10:00 AM

severe

• 1902 posts
bump!

Well, I had forgotten abut this thread.

[2010]
Here is me about a year ago (95kg) [cold] toilet shots ftw!:

Posted Image

Posted Image

[2011]
Here is a shot about 7 months ago [cold]. I had stopped training due to illness that went on for a few months:

Posted Image

During CF season [cold]:
Posted Image

Here is a recent one of me. Definitely leaner (after a good 6 months of Crossfit, and then a good month back in the weight room) [shot taken an hour after a workout].

Posted Image

I am currently only 90kg! I was 97 a year (maybe 1.5) ago. ftw
But couldn't see the abs as well, but... Bulk for life.

My quads need a few more inches to match the top half, and the calves need a boost. I haven't neglected them in training though. I am a well rounded trainer. I have a naturally athletic frame. NOT skinny (since ages ago). :grin:

So, I thought I would go lean and mean, and have enjoyed it. Crossfit was gold in my opinion. However...
I do miss being stronger and bigger. 10kgs is a lot. Admittedly maybe 4 of that was fat, but the size felt right.

I gave up power for endurance. Not a bad trade, but the zombie apocalypse never came...

I will attempt to keep the vascularity as long as possible, hoping my paleo infused diet can help. BUt I am also a realist, and in the increase of calories I will no doubt gain that covering layer of fat too. I had teriyaki chicken in town yesterday, with rice! and such is life. We adapt to suit our needs and environment.

My forearms need building too. I do reverse curls and wrist curls, but they are not growing at the rate of teh rest of me. Any ideas guys?

I am using Dorian Yates Blood & Guts 6 week routine atm, and loving it.

I will edit and add more pics as I find them (past pics). Sorry about the sizing.

We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey.
Kenji Miyazawa

Skins FF Skins Crew

justhell

#15 – Posted 23 December 2011 - 11:02 AM

justhell

• 1227 posts
  • Locationbetween a rock & a hard place 💪
Hi there Severe,

Lookin hard & lean mate.

Merry Christmas

YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE,BUT IF YOU DO IT RIGHT,ONCE IS ENOUGH

Optimass wrote:you are the god of thunder every time you step in the gym - the earth heaves under the weight of your almighty power ...

Just keeping tabs

severe

#16 – Posted 23 December 2011 - 11:23 AM

severe

• 1902 posts
Thanks, brother! May you have plenty of ho's this xmas :grin:

Kenji Miyazawa

Skins FF Skins Crew

train hard

#17 – Posted 23 December 2011 - 03:34 PM

train hard

• 825 posts
great progress severe looking really ripped Dorians routine is very good trained like that myself earlier this year and really enjoyed in and out in no time! you still going to do crossfit aswell or are you taking a break to try and add some more mass?

pine pollen crew
can,t lift got a fukd neck crew
free snoopy crew

severe

#18 – Posted 23 December 2011 - 07:36 PM

severe

• 1902 posts
Hey bro, taking a break to beef up. Will still find time to sprint though. Cheers

Kenji Miyazawa

Skins FF Skins Crew

severe

#19 – Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:02 PM

severe

• 1902 posts
This is me today:

Posted Image

Thoughts?
Suggestions?

and they are my boxers I rolled up, not diapers you bastards.

Kenji Miyazawa

Skins FF Skins Crew

nate225

#20 – Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:08 PM

nate225

• 4726 posts

Thoughts?

I must buy Pine Pollen too.... :pfft: :grin:

Suggestions?

Get on stage soon!

Serious hat on for a minute, though get on stage was serious as well. You have managed to do a very good recomposition over the last few years - much leaner but also mass looks a lot better. Suggest you keep doing whatever it is you're doing, its working for ya! :nod:
Good effort Severe:clap:
Do not mistake the tears in my eyes for weakness; that is desire. When the tears dry and you see the steel in my eyes; that is resolve. With desire and resolve impossible does not exist - Nate Williams 24/4/2012 (low carbs!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic (0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users)