Seven Sharp Bigorexia BS

superpump

Did anyone see the absolute shite on Seven Sharp about Bigorexia.  How dare them turn up to our National Champs with their TV cameras looking for scandal to boost the ratings of their shity programme. That sort of negative publicity really pisses me off. Asking about steroids and mental disorders when we thought they were actually there to give the Nationals some TV news coverage, Bastards!! If the press ever want to interview you make sure its only to show our sport off positively otherwise send them packing. Poor liam got cornered and confronted about steroid use felt sorry for him and he tried his best but being young got bullied into shit. Just because some one is a bodybuilder doesnt mean they have bigorexia just like all skinny people arent anorexic. And dont even get me started on that douche who was the star of the show saying after joining a gym and virtually jumping straight on steroids packed on 16 to 17 kilos of muscle and felt bullet proof in a couple of months then his heart nearly exploded what an idiot and as for Mike Hoskin who said he thought all that muscle building stuff was dead and a thing of past - rude arrogant prick! If I sound angry its because I am. I love this sport and cant stand seeing it pissed on. 

I find it pretty sad that the only way bodybuilding gets news coverage is when they're talking steroids and mental disorders. I guess drugs and weirdos sell better than people who exercise and watch what they eat who are actually strong enough to set and accomplish goals. oh and for the record Mike Hoskin is a piece of shit 

Only saw the first few seconds of this item on seven sharp last night and thought as per usual the media giving bodybuilding a hard time . As a fan for this sport it pisses me off when the media gives bodybuilding a very hard time for no aprent reason and has for mike hosking is a big massive muppet

Well a a bodybuilding competition is the logical place to ask about both bigorexia and steroids. Let's not kidd ourselves here.

The bloke from Hamilton is a moron and you should all blame Justin Rhys.

can also give a little bit of blame to those faggots from BOP or whatever that went on tv bragging about steroids, boosted media and public interest in it. if a few more dickheads do that shit or say dumb shit when approached by interviewers, and NZ will get government crackdown like in Australia. 

max penalty for supply in victoria up to 25 years in jail lol

can also give a little bit of blame to those faggots from BOP or whatever that went on tv bragging about steroids, boosted media and public interest in it. if a few more dickheads do that shit or say dumb shit when approached by interviewers, and NZ will get government crackdown like in Australia. 

max penalty for supply in victoria up to 25 years in jail lol

25 years? fark! is that just in Vic Maccaz? or Australia in general?

different state to state.

in QLD its classed schedule 1 same as heroin and meth lol

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-08-27/qld-beefs-up-steroid-laws-after-drastic-rise-in-seizures/5698532

combination of a few things

bikies

1 punch death "coward punch" 

lots of people importing

few news stories about this "epidemic"

MP warns of growing steroid user subculture

In Tuesday night's parliamentary debate, Bulimba MP Aaron Dillaway said his constituents had raised concerns about the use of steroids.

"The unsupervised use of such substances can potentially harm the individual and have been linked to aggression and violent behaviour," he said.

Mr Dillaway also warned against a growing "bruss" subculture in Queensland.

"A term I have been told is used by our younger generations to describe a person who devotes his entire time shredding and mass bulking at the gym and may use steroids to enhance this process."

Seen them at fitness canterbury, shredded as fark. They just do a show?

Steve just won Nzifbb Nats, and Kagan just won Nabba Nats lol.

Kagan's apparently guna get even crisper for his show in just over three weeks time which is Nabba World's. That would be ridiculous to see as I saw him on stage and backstage on the weekend and it blew me away haha.

Dem patchy tans cracked me up though lol

Steve just won Nzifbb Nats, and Kagan just won Nabba Nats lol.

Kagan's apparently guna get even crisper for his show in just over three weeks time which is Nabba World's. That would be ridiculous to see as I saw him on stage and backstage on the weekend and it blew me away haha.

Dem patchy tans cracked me up though lol

Yeah wasn't sure if they always get fake tans or not lol

Yeah wasn't sure if they always get fake tans or not lol

Lol nah, generally they're both white as f*ck tbh.

Just watched the segment on One News on them. Was a good piece, nice to not have bodybuilding percieved as negative by the media.

They obvs brought up Steve's case and did the old turned over a new leaf story etc. And focused on the sibling rivalry etc.

Makes for good tv for general public I spose who aren't generally interested in bodybuilding.

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new-zealand/bulging-bodybuilding-brothers-we-train-our-a-ses-off-avid-060a2b340101010501010f1013-000000-35f35807dedf0094-26da0060dd44-a8b1.html?autoPlay=4558396806001

Here's link to the One News segment.

Steve said they did a shitload of filming for just the 90 second piece. He had no idea the angle they were guna take on it with editing etc.

Anyone got link for the Seven Sharp piece ? I missed seeing it.

Finally got to watch the Seven Sharp piece tonight. TBH, I wasn't really sure what the point of it was. The main thrust of it seemed to be the bigorexia angle - but the heart transplant is old news, and the guy recovered ages ago. So why is that a story now?

The only thing that makes it topical is the bodybuilding nationals, and that wasn't the angle they chose to take - despite actually being at the nationals!

I think bodybuilders can legitimately feel cheated by this story. It's pretty clear they went to the nationals, hoping to get some juicy steroid story. When the competitor they were interviewing wouldn't talk about gear, they had to dig up some old story about bigorexia to make the story "juicier" ( :thankyou: ).

Frankly, it's ambush journalism, and it's scummy ethics. I learnt absolutely nothing from the story - pure sensationalism.

That seems to be just a cut-down 60" version. The full story is in the One News episode on demand: https://www.tvnz.co.nz/ondemand/one-news-at-6pm/15-10-2015(jump to 37:30)

This story was much better than Seven Sharp's. Not because it was more positive (although that's nice) but because it was topical and informative... as news should be! Nice one, One News.

So shit they went to the nationals and used it in a piece like that without permission/informing. Sneaky as! 

I did like the story about that young guy. I must have missed anything previous on him.I like the idea of shedding light on complications with underlying conditions as it is something that people could unkowingly be at risk for. But for me thats more an argument for decriminalisation and better involvment of medical professionals or increased acess and decreased stigma of mental health support for people who might be better off with help in that area. I don't see how this fearmongering will help young people like the heart transplant guy at all. Pisses me off because his story is interesting but is lost in shitty journalist ethics and sensationalisation. Something as real and as simple as that you don't need to cut with over the top bs. you can pair it with truthful information or make a balance argument and it would probably have a more positive outcome. And I don't agree on using nationals and people unrelated to his story to try and push the point. 

I thought the young guy at nationals did pretty well in the interveiw despite being pestered about steroids. But I know the general public will just be like "oh no, steriods, heart condition, bad!"

When bigkiwi got on and was explaining for his issues it kind of made sense when you looked at him.... but this last guy with the enlarged heart etc was a pretty long stretch. Enlarged heart from being overweight forever? It didn't really fit the picture of someone who is obsessed with their physicality cos ... well... didn't even look like he trained.

That seems to be just a cut-down 60" version. The full story is in the One News episode on demand: https://www.tvnz.co.nz/ondemand/one-news-at-6pm/15-10-2015(jump to 37:30)

This story was much better than Seven Sharp's. Not because it was more positive (although that's nice) but because it was topical and informative... as news should be! Nice one, One News.

aw geez just watched the shorter version not the Seven Sharp one.