what do you drive?

maccaz

Following on from motorbike thread, what car do you drive?

there was a thread few years back where people posted photos of their cars and some people had good cars, some classics, rx7, etc.

i currently have a 08 corolla levin zze122r, manual, quite fast for 1.8 litre, had it close to 2 years, havent spent a cent on repairs apart from regular service, perfect lol (reliability is such an old man feature but i have zero interest in paying for repairs all the time like in other cars iv had)

Isuzu Bighorn 3.1L Turbo Diesel.

Short wheel base, Plasir model so only two door.

It sick. Gets me from A to B, nice and high in traffic, pretty quick for a diesel given the engine and less mass compared to the full size models, good on gas, big tank 80L or some shit lol.

Inb4 must be over compensating for something cos he has a four wheel drive haha

yo i got a 02 allex (basically a corolla hatch with slightly better engine).. zze123 does that make mine > yours because the chassis number is 1 iteration higher? haha. 6 spd manual 1.8L also, 2zzge engine i guess probably same as in yours also? they are nice engines , really reliable and reasonably economical, responsive enough when you put your foot down and it's an engine designed to rev quite high (redline starts around 8800 on mine i beleive). lots of space to fold down seats and transport stuff too.

my previous car (my 1st car) was toyota mr2 sw20. pretty sweet ride, mid engine rearwheel drive, the poverty mans ferrari lol. spun out like mad when i was getting used to it and was shady as hell on motorway until i upgraded the tyres but once you learn how to handle it was really sweet. you can take corners at any pace you want, i'll always remember the feels of that car.. on the downside it was high maintenance, leaky roof/targa top, had to drive more carefully in the rain (like make a real concious effort on every corner) and can't carry a damn thing in there no space for anything.

I used to have a sick alfa romeo. 1800 twin cam,twin sidedraughts. rwd. Mags, full exhaust. Sweetest sound in the world. Shit Italian engineering though.

Old school as fk tho

These days I'm far more conservative as I don't want to break down with 3 kids and the wife in the car and I have a life. Now I drive a 2001 Nissan premera sadan

Just in the process of selling my 08 Clubsport R8. It's a monster of a car, just done a few mods like 3" exhaust, over the radiator air filter and a tune and it's got just under 500hp which is more than enough to get you in the shit if you don't watch out lol

Changing over to a new Ranger XLT, real nice trucks. I'll raise it with some big 35" mud pluggers and custom body armour, gun rack etc lol

1999 Subaru Outback. Just spent a grand on it. My policy of only paying cash for cars came back to haunt me.

Need to just get one on finance, possibly 07 Mazda MPV. #dadlife

my parents had an mpv, bit older than that, but it was all good. better than others around that price range/style that they looked at