Refugee Problem

DIANABOL

What is everyone's thoughts on the current refugee problem?

Open the floodgates and let them in or keep them out and keep our country and way of life safe?

Hopefully John Key does not relent to public pressure to drastically increase the annual refugee quota otherwise we can say goodbye to NZ culture and lifestyle as we know it. The media have used somewhat questionable images to influence public opinion and generate ''pity''. 

I cannot understand these people who are so relaxed about giving away the advantages of our society - high levels of trust, safety and freedom. 

''Our advantages depend very much on our shared past, our inherited traditions, habits and memories. Newcomers can learn them, but only if they come in small enough numbers. Mass immigration means we adapt to them, when they should be adapting to us"

If the refugees are rioting and demanding now that western nations let them in, imagine how they will be when they settle here? Why arent the oil rich Middle Eastern countries taking them in - Saudi, Qatar, Kuwait, UAE? Is there a hidden agenda here to spread islam throughout the world since they believe it belongs to their god anyway? 

France and the UK are classic examples whereby muslims/arabs are not assimilating / integrating into the country they are migrating to. They have tried to establish sharia law zones and refuse to recognize the laws of the country they are in...

I tend to agree dianabol. There are too many people in the world as it is and we owe these people nothing.

Life isnt fair. If you want equality then you will have to give up your lifestyle for a harder and poorer one.

Some people in poorer countries do live good lives but only in places that are sparsely populated. NZ is fast becoming overcrowded.

Im Agree, im quite in both sides, im from a poor country and i know the struggles, but is not in our right to go to a another country and demand for this or that, even worse try to change it imposing others our culture, was a case in Australia couple of years back with Indians,,to my view , we immigrants come to your countries and we have to adapt to it and respect it, after all we were the ones whom applied for a visa to get in.

now about the Syrians well im still thinking that take everyone from this countries and give them asylum in Europe is not the solution, they need to rid of the cause of the problem, pretty much they are leaving this terrorist groups get what they want. 

eventually in this path all middle east is going to be completely empty, no man land under the rein of this groups.....and they wont stop there...after seen is working....

Is very sad see the scenarios, the desperation of mothers with their little ones, i feel for them, as back home we have exodus within the country as massive as that running from war.

But while the root of the problem is  not solved wont be enough first world countries in the planet that can take them, besides about the "quota each country has, NZ economy is not in the advantage position of Germany or France for keep bringing people and support them while they are able to go out there and work, whos gonna pay for that? tax payers, we are already in deficit, so the pressure over the prime minister in take more people in is arguable.

The rich oil countries wont take them for this same reason, because their strict view of business and lack of compassion of their religion they wont get involved with that. even when they are heir own people. 

Tend to agree with everything above. Its funny how we get blindsided by the media with this. When you look at footage of groups of them the look to be predominantly young males, but if they focus in on anyone, they find a kid somewhere to make everyone's hearts bleed

often the young males are not keen to be conscripted by government/rebels/isis/whoever because they dont want to go killing people or getting killed so they choose to leave. that is a reasonable enough explanation.

also young males deserve to live just as much as babies and children.

Being Middle Eastern, it always pisses me off that we look to the west to give us hand outs when there are other Arab countries around that could assist but they don't do jack, no one hates an Arab more than another Arab, trust me...

Now I was not born there or raised there (I have been to a few countries in the middle east and north africa though!) I can tell you when they talk about western countries or anything that's made there they speak with such pride it's as if it's their own thing lol

The go to another country/culture and try to enforce your own stuff....I always found that is bullshit and they shouldn't have a say in it, it's one thing to wear your religious thing (be it a turban/kippah/hijab/burqa) but to try to enforce sharia law ...isn't that what most people ran away from in the first place

In the end we're all immigrants really...

Right its easy to see this as just a 'syrian' problem, but ever since europe opened the gates, its not just legit syrians anymore its guys from all over eastern europe and other areas coming too taking advantage.

Good point bruce al. I saw a Vice News documentary and there were so many refugees throwing stones at police because they apparently didnt want to be registered and have their fingerprints taken!

750 refugees are a good deal for us. No reason to have more.

One of the main reasons my family and I moved from the uk was because there are so many Muslims there now, most of them hate the English stay in there own groups and only speak there language.

In Birmingham there is a place called Alum rock where the Muslims have put up signs that say No whites after 9pm. and they have had all the CCTV cameras covered over because they said it was racist to spy on them.

Ha ha, don't get me wrong there are a few good ones but most aren't. There are more moscs in Birmingham than churches.

Fingers crossed Nz does the right thing.

And what are Muslims doing to ruin NZ?

imo (so all good if you disagree) there are some shit muslims, and some shitchristians, wherever you go

its not the religion that makes you a dickhead, but when you are a dickhead and muslim/christian it just puts a different angle on your dickheadness (extremism/fundamentalism/super puritanism/whatever)

i dont care if someone is x religion (have heaps of muslim and christian friends, including quite strict muslims) as long as:

1. they dont push it in my face, eg try pressure me to be involved. i dont consider wearing a head scarf pushing it in my face. only crime i see there is some people wearing head scarf are prob real easy on the eyes and its a waste to cover it up 

2. they dont do dumb shit outside of social norms (terrorism etc included)

i enjoy learning about various religions etc as a non participant, def no hate, got a soft spot for muslims because some of my good muslim friends have had some pretty rough hate over here each time something happens overseas (isis type things ) they get hassled on public transport etc

this is and should be completely seperate to the refugee issue though. this is a group of people with nowhere to go, regardless of religion a manageable number should be allowed in, by each country that has the means to take some. end of the day these borders are arbitrary lines that were decided on through wars a long time ago, and in modern day i dont think people should necessarily be kept in between these lines if it is not a good place to be.

rant over

The thing that turned me right off religion was years ago when I was a apprentice, had to work with a guy that was crazy J witness, and I had to work with him for about 2 months. Tried so hard over and over to convert me. Was polite every time, but he would just not let up. My wife was pregnant at the time and he basically said that my unborn kid would go to hell if I wasnt in the church, still bit my tounge cause I needed to get my ticket. I still show respect for religion BUT don't preach at me. I think most of the worlds issues would be solved I'd religion fucked off. That's my opinion. Don't flame

No. Mostly just by rape, murder,spreading disease, destroying culture, stealing land etc etc

In which country? NZ? lol.

Dont wanna be banned again, but lets just say 2 things in the most PC way I can.

1: lots of other cultures did these things / still are, not just europeans (arabs, africa, mongolians etc) often to a greater extent

2: now that you know that these imperialistic actions are not unique to white people and every other culture did these things, you might as well condone what they (europe) did since its your own people whos actions enable us to live the way we do.

If you meant NZ in particular, then lol, just lol. British crown didnt even care about NZ. Only came here when ngapuhi et al sent a letter to king asking to come.

The raping / disease was from early settlers and fellow tribes, which was made peaceful upon the crown coming here, which was what was asked of them by larger tribes.