Rainbowdevil says hi

Rainbowdevil

Im kind new in all this "technical" things so i apologize beforehand for my ignorance in alot of things, one of the reasons im here  hoping getting some advise, im getting all my carbs in my breakfast  as is very early in the morning....4:00am lol....im just starting with a new breakfast (oatmeal on unsweetened almond milk blueberries and half banana and honey, x2 boiled eggs and a berry green hot tea with honey)  then only vegs and tuna or chicken for lunch and dinner,(my veggies are only green veggies as brocoly cauliflower and peas, well the here and there carrot) i may have a nut bar with my green tea around 9ish while on break, im having my dinner about 6 00pm to 6:30 depends of what time i come back from the gym,  as i try no to go and eat right after workout (even whem im starving lol) just heaps of water and maybe couple of green teas before go to bed love that damn tea lol ( i drink about 2 to 4 litres of water a day without counting the water in the gym or teas), is this a good way to eat if i wanna lose weight? as seems that doesnt matter how much i can sweat in the gym and leave walking as a calf i cant get down in the scales...thoughts? even when i feel terrible, this is how i look atthe mo :'(post-11652-0-83976900-1440915884_thumb.j

i think better if you post that in a separate topic of your own but anyway, welcome to the forum. you look quite normal and healthy, what are your goals? was kind of hard to read that with lack of punctuation and paragraphs but going through it seems you are really over complicating things - worrying about timing of carbs, quantities, green teas etc.

keep it simple to start out, track what you're eating, and yes eat before and after your workouts. you need to have energy when you're hitting the gym so you can hit it with 100% potential not 'feeling' like you're at 110% when really you're deprived of nutrients and operating at 80% of your potential.

after workout recover properly so you can hit the gym again the next day without feeling like absolute crap.

why do you have to low carb? if you wanna start by looking athletic as a base and build up from there, you could base your training and diet regiment off your favourite athlete. i think you'll find they do not low carb or starve themselves nor waste time drinking green tea. obviously you'll have to taper it to your own exercise levels though as you'd probably not train as often as an olympic sprinter for example so shouldn't eat exactly like one.

the basis of all this is to eat well but within your exercise level. don't need to completely starve but don't overeat so much that you're working to try 'burn it all off'. you need to remain consistently slightly under. i think there's alreayd some good info about calorie calculators and all that on this site too, bit lazy to write about it now but i'm sure someone else will post up shortly.

oops, i didn't mean bother anyone, i just wrote it there in that forum as they were talking about carbs after 5 and timing food thats all, and my lacking of punctuation and paragraphs well sorry, i will just look and read whatever i can so i wont bother, thank you ayway

start a journal on here, post it all in there, you will get some good input 

Welcome.

The others are right - with a journal, you will get some good advice.

Like FOTR said, the key to timing your carbs, especially on workout days, is to ensure you've saved some of your daily carb allocation for the meal just before your workout.  The reason for that is to ensure you've got the energy to move the weights that'll do you good.  The more you move, the more calories you burn - but the muscles have to have that initial energy, almost as a 'deposit'. 

Also, the 20-30m right after a workout is also a good time to get some carbs in, to replenish muscle glycogen stores and help build lean mass.  After that 30m, the body will more likely send the calories to energy stores against future work (i.e. fat stores).  

You didn't talk (or did I miss) what a workout looks like.  One tip - do weights first, when muscle energy stores are full (and you can move more weight); follow up with cardio when the muscle energy stores are depleted... that will also help.

Oh, and my favorite: ditch the scales in favour of a tape measure:  lean muscle is more compact than bodyfat so you could lose cm while remaining the same weight. 

What are your stats? Height, weight, age, sex etc?

Ps- your hair is amazing.

hehe well im not sure where it goes in the profile, but im 1'60m tall around 59kgs ( i havent weigh myself this week as i just been discharged from Hospital :() 32yo, sex, well occasionally  LMAO  well is pretty obvious im a girl, and yeah my hair is very long you should see it curled! lol