Buying a house these days

crazyfacials

Is there anything more frustrating than doing that?  If you don't have 100K or more then forget about it

Tiny little shoebox 2 bedroom houses going for 450K+ ?

And it seems like it's not just Auckland that is being hit with this, other places are catching up now, this is starting to eat away at my KFC budget, not sure if it's just the Asians to blame, since those guys are buying in cash mostly, the sellers and real estate agents are also in it too....

That's why I move out of Auckland.

Even if you had $100k deposit to put down on a $500k house in Auckland would you even want to? I wouldn't. So over priced and who is to say in a years time actually no mate your house isn't worth 500k it's worth 300k.

I'm in bop. Te puke you can get a 3 bedroom house for under 300k all done up nice kitchen bathroom, double garage, fenced good section. That's only 25min drive to tga Cbd or 15min to the mount. I could even buy in whakatane for cheaper than that and that's an hours drive to tga cbd... People are like oh that's a long drive everyday... It's 2015 it's what people do. My friends in Auckland spend 90-120min in traffic going to work in the mornings and the same coming home at night.

Is there anything more frustrating than doing that? If you don't have 100K or more then forget about it

Tiny little shoebox 2 bedroom houses going for 450K+ ?

And it seems like it's not just Auckland that is being hit with this, other places are catching up now, this is starting to eat away at my KFC budget, not sure if it's just the Asians to blame, since those guys are buying in cash mostly, the sellers and real estate agents are also in it too....

My parents etc are in real estate so always pushed for me to buy property but it was never an option nz with high prices etc.

Moved to aus and its quite realistic for.me to buy in the next year or so. Prices are better, better mortgage deals, and government gives solid grants and tax exemptions for first home owners.

Cliffs: seems harder than it should be to buy property in nz

It's actually not that hard if you have a partner and have both been working full time and been in kiwi saver for a few years which I'm sure by now that is majority of people you should have s good amount. Savings on top of that. Easy deposit. Rules around KiwiSaver have recently changed meaning you can use that upfront not have to pay yourself and get it back afterwards. If you buy new house govt will give you $20k on top of our KS.

Yeah if you got no job, no money and no KS then might be difficult.

It's actually not that hard if you have a partner and have both been working full time and been in kiwi saver for a few years which I'm sure by now that is majority of people you should have s good amount. Savings on top of that. Easy deposit. Rules around KiwiSaver have recently changed meaning you can use that upfront not have to pay yourself and get it back afterwards. If you buy new house govt will give you $20k on top of our KS.

buzzy i didnt know that, i always assumed it was too hard based on everyone whinging about it and auckland prices, but yeah kiwisaver big help.sweet learn something new every day lol

Didn't know that you get a grant from KS, re traffic, yeah you're right, that's why I am thinking of the new areas near Drury might be a good thing to look at, you're spending that time in traffic anyway

PS.Gym Rat when did you come back, do you still remember me remember youn

Came back sometime last week and yes I remember you

Jesus Gym Rat you must be rich living at home and only paying rent aye bro? Thats the only way people can save these days move back home!

Shiet i bought a house in Massey west aucks 14 odd years ago for 140k sold it for 380k 7yrs ago that fucka is worth over 450k now!! thats some crazy shit!! Who the f*ck wants to spend over $450k for a basic 3bedroom box?...In Massey of all places?? might get some drunk random hori who rams a garden sickle in yo head!

Glad i got outta Auckland man that place is the sphincter of the universe! 

Also if you have kids, another option is a Welcome Home load, there a pretty hard terms and conditions, but effectively it means you can have no deposit up to 200k 

I lived in East Auckland for 12 years, moved to Wainuiomata in Lower Hutt earlier this year. 

Nice 3 bedroom houses go for $250-300k, starting around 200k.

Welcome Home load allows a 10% deposit for homes under 350k in the Wellington region and most of the provinces. I think it's 450 in Auckland.

Kiwisaver users get 1k a year up to 5 years if they've been putting in a certain low amount, and 2k a year if they're building a place. Only thing you can't take out is the initial government tax credit.

I'm on a single salary, have a wife and kid, and home ownership is all of a sudden easily affordable.

Tauranga is getting more expensive, but still, just move out of Akl. The Manawatu is now easily affordable.

I live in Marton in the Rangitikei. Its pretty much a shit hole but cheap houses and central to Palmerston north and Wanganui. Wanganui is just a bigger shit hole. You can get good as gold 4 bed houses for around 200 here. Selling the odd few hnz houses of cheap as shit to. My mate just got a solid 3 bed house with large section for 80,000 in awesome condition. Same house in Aucks would be 300 to 400 from ones ive seen and if in a mint location over 500