TV - what are you watching?

Pseudonym

Right now, I'm making my way through Outrageous Fortune.

I missed the first few seasons when it first came out, and after that it never seemed worth starting halfway through - even though everyone raved about it. I never knew what I was missing out on!

Now that TV3's got it on demand, I'm able to see exactly why everyone was going nuts over it. It's absolutely, utterly brilliant. The cast are superb, and the writing is simply genius - it takes you from laugh-out-loud funny to lump-in-the-throat sad in the blink of an eye (which, BTW, I'm only blinking because I must've got something in it...)

It helps that I grew up in West Auckland - still consider it home, really. So every episode I'm going, "OMG, I know that dairy!" "OMG, I know that railway crossing!" "Holy CRAP, that's my calculus class!"

If you haven't seen it, I can't recommend it highly enough.

So what about you? What are you watching at the moment?

In on this thread. Outrageous fortune is awesome lol. Iv binge watched basically every show i know of while at work (im on call a lot waiting for something to break)

I reccomend in this order :

Sopranos

Game of thrones

Breaking bad

Californication

Suits

Banshee

All of the underbellies

Thatll sort you out for a couple months lol

In on this thread. Outrageous fortune is awesome lol. Iv binge watched basically every show i know of while at work (im on call a lot waiting for something to break)

I reccomend in this order :

Sopranos

Game of thrones

Breaking bad

Californication

Suits

Banshee

All of the underbellies

Thatll sort you out for a couple months lol

Add 

The wire 

Boardwalk Empire

Add 

The wire 

Boardwalk Empire

season 1 of the wire was awesome (omar dont scare) then I kind of burnt out on it in season 2, maybe i should give it another try, got a couple night shifts coming up that I need something to watch lol

boardwalk empire is too slow imo, wait half a season for anything to happen

season 1 of the wire was awesome (omar dont scare) then I kind of burnt out on it in season 2, maybe i should give it another try, got a couple night shifts coming up that I need something to watch lol

boardwalk empire is too slow imo, wait half a season for anything to happen

I know what you mean about boardwalk empire, still really enjoyed it. The wire season 2 is 100% the worst but if you push passed it then gets great again 

Man, all you people with long lists of series to watch... where do you find the time?! :o

#jealous

these have all been over several years mate, i used to have a lot more time when at uni, living with parents etc.

im lucky in that my job has a lot of down time where i can do whatever, but id be lucky if i had 30 mins a day to watch tv in my own time and wouldnt waste it watching tv anyway lol

Watching a variety of shows on Netflix on my ps4/tablet. If you haven't got Netflix I highly recommend it. If it wasn't for sky sport I'd drop sky altogether, it's that farkin good at a fraction of the cost. All in glorious hd lol.

Watching a variety of shows on Netflix on my ps4/tablet. If you haven't got Netflix I highly recommend it. If it wasn't for sky sport I'd drop sky altogether, it's that farkin good at a fraction of the cost. All in glorious hd lol.

All a waste of money.  All of this stuff is available free to watch online.

You wouldn't be referring to the very naughty act of piracy, would you Flamer? I've heard that a few terrible people do that.

MightyThor, do you find NetFlix offers all the series you want to watch? My understanding was that between Netflix, Neon, Lightbox, etc, each decent series had been snapped up by a different network.

You wouldn't be referring to the very naughty act of piracy, would you Flamer? I've heard that a few terrible people do that.

MightyThor, do you find NetFlix offers all the series you want to watch? My understanding was that between Netflix, Neon, Lightbox, etc, each decent series had been snapped up by a different network.

Nope, if you are watching it online and not downloading I can't that it is piracy.

Nope, if you are watching it online and not downloading I can't that it is piracy.

incorrect!

if you view it, you are still "downloading" it, just not saving it permanently. it gets downloaded temporarily and wiped as you watch it.

who cares though piracy is mean

Shortland St

Man that hangi pants Pania

Shes doin her best to f*ck everybody over..Im mean last nihhts episode was intense! ....

lol funny story on shortland street

i live in australia, and i saw a post on fb that sarah pots off that show had died. i commented saying "good riddance, her face fucks me off" or something along those l ines

next day at work this guy comes up to me "that was really disgusting and horrible what you commented on that post about that dead kiwi lady" (he thought it was some real person)

i was like lax m8 its a tv show

lol funny story on shortland street

i live in australia, and i saw a post on fb that sarah pots off that show had died. i commented saying "good riddance, her face fucks me off" or something along those l ines

next day at work this guy comes up to me "that was really disgusting and horrible what you commented on that post about that dead kiwi lady" (he thought it was some real person)

i was like lax m8 its a tv show

Hard bro friggin crackup!