Kia ora,

Alphens88

Hey Everyone, first post not sure where to start.

I'm 26 years old, 168cm 76-77 kgs. Got into the gym start of 2011 to like most of us, improve myself/life. My gym is into bodybuilding and somehow got talked into competing in local comp towards end of 2013. Been enjoying it more and more ever since and competed in 2014 Pan Pacifics in WFF athletic class 3 division. I have aspirations to compete again but not before I've finished studying and established more balanced lifestyle ie work, personal life, finances etc etc

Really enjoy trying/researching different training methods/philosophies and very much into the scientific side of things. I base my training and nutrition around sustainable methods that fit my lifestyle, allow me to work towards goals and most importantly that I enjoy.

For previous 6-8 months been adopting a power building approach. Made reasonable strength gains with fairly minimal fat/weight gain using DUP and hybrid DUP/smolov jnr programs.

Current PR's (all raw beltless, no wraps)

Dead 200kg

Bench 130kg

Squat 180kg

Joining up to chat, network, share, bounce ideas and get second opinons... basically improve and broaden my knowledge and maybe even help out if possible.

Thanks

Hey Alphens. Welcome to Gymnation!

I base my training and nutrition around sustainable methods that fit my lifestyle, allow me to work towards goals and most importantly that I enjoy.

I reckon this is the Holy Grail of bodybuilding - to be able to have bodybuilding and a life outside of it, without compromising either one. You'll have to tell us how you do it... I'm still trying. :P

Strong lifts Alphens88. Yes start a journal mate , there are never enough powerlifting journals On here to read and there are a few strong motherfuckers you can get good solid advice from to. I've learnt heaps about training from This site and watching their vids.

Thanks guys, enjoying just browsing through forums at the moment. Will definitely have to look into starting training log.

Come on guys, we all need to say hi to the new members. This one's only 168cm, so he's not that scary... ;-)

Oh and Pseudonym, you have no idea the ego hit I took when I was measured at 168 and not 169 haha. Small man problems

Thanks guys, enjoying just browsing through forums at the moment. Will definitely have to look into starting training log.

Oh and Pseudonym, you have no idea the ego hit I took when I was measured at 168 and not 169 haha. Small man problems

Welcome Alphens88 ahhhh don't worry your not the shortest around here l am only 163 so to you are tall!