what do you guys do with oats?

maccaz

how do you cook them/what do you add etc? i like that they are filling for a long time and relatively low calorie for fillingness.

atm i get 1cup quick oats, bit of boiling water, let em soften a bit then add milk. then add 1 scoop whey and stir, eat in about 1 minute because im always running late for work.

its allgood but keen on some variety, give me some ideas to make this shit a delightful morning meal lol

I used to do something with eggs that ended up somewhere between scrambled eggs and a really rich porridge. It was great, but I haven't made it for a while, and I'm not 100% sure of the quantities. Here's my best guess though...

Oats - maybe start with 1/4 cup, and increase if that doesn't look like enough.

3 eggs

1/2 tsp vanilla essence

2 Tbsp brown sugar

Milk - maybe 1/2 cup, depending on oats and consistency desired.

Handful of sultanas

Blend all ingredients - except sultanas, because that would just be silly. Stick in bowl. Nuke till cooked, stirring occasionally.

EDIT: Oh, look.

Interesting.. I'm going to give that a hoon tomorw pseudonym.

For me usually something like 1cup harraways rolled oats, half scoop vanilla protein, a banana or berries or tamarillo or some cranberry and cashew mix.

I also add them to my Almighty mackerel patties.

Usually can't be bothered with Oats unless I'm on a budget as I hate the heavy feeling they give you.

I opt for Rice Flakes instead, bit pricer, but so easy to eat.

I just water and microwave then mix with whatever flavour protein I have, dried fruit and banana, closest thing I get to a pudding/dessert while dieting haha.

Tasty as f*ck, when my calories were higher had milk and full cream in there too... Hnnngggg !!

Definitely recommend trying as a substitute for Oats if you get bored

Da faarh is rice flakes? Never seen it. You get at localcount/pak?

Yea bro, not generally at any PaknSave I've been to but has been at most New Worlds/Countdowns.

Usually with the gluten free/health foods section.

People look at you like a phaggot for being a vegan or some shit but then you hit them with a Front Double Bi (or Rear Glute Spread, whichever takes your fancy) and they offer to buy them for you. True story.

I mix:

1 cup oats

100-200ml Trim Milk

1 serving whey protein powder

1-2 tbsp smooth salted peanut butter

8-ish drops sweetener (Or a tsp of stevia powder)

1 tsp unsweetened cocoa

Maybe a sliced banana.

Mix the oats and milk, blast that in the microwave on high for 2 minutes, stir in protein powder, cocoa, peanut butter and sweetener and, if I feel like it or need the extra calories, add a chopped banana on top. Turns oatmeal into a delicious, sweet, peanut buttery chocolatey porridge that tastes like pure sex.

When I'm cutting I might use water instead of milk and I'll definitely remove the peanut butter, as well as using half a cup of oats instead.

Okay I have to eat my own words here..

New diet includes Oats on my high carb/calorie day.

Just had it now and can confirm taste and amount of food is on point.

Microwaved 1.5 cups of Oats, got it out, mix in 100ml Blue Top and 50ml Cream (Hnnnngggggg), mix in a scoop of protein goodness, broke up a banana into it and wham bam thank you ma'am. The beast is satisfied lol

• 1 month later...

1 cup thrown in shaker ( old ball one ) add hot water from tap to mark I've memorised, shake for 30 seconds, pour into bowl, nuke for 2 mins, chuck in 2 scoops of preferred protein and stir, once stir add in watties peaches in lite syrup and then a big gloop of ceres oragnic almond butter - can make my own almond butter but this is so much nicer

Do you have a plumber on speed dial orrr ?

Why so much fiber lol. Also this must be more than one meal ?

Otherwise you are a freak at eating haha

haha na sorry just being an idiot dont actually consume this much just remined me of me and my mate when we about 15 or 16 smashing huge bowls of oats then hitting the gym and doing huge farts on the squat rack and not giving a single f**k haha (luckily never any follow through though lol)