Hey everyone

maz_dan

Haha nah sponsor wouldn't be to happy if promoted the challenge. But I will give it a go for fun and post in here.

I think I need to do a 3 lift before I'm a powerlifter haha.

Dont know if serious.

Why would sponsor care ? So are you not allowed to enter a bb comp they dont sponsor?

This isnt multi million $ nike sponsorship here im sure you can enter m8 . Be good to see

Dan's got a point... Some brand managers might get upset if "their" athlete enters a competition sponsored by the opposition. On the other hand, some brand managers would encourage their athletes to enter, wearing a tshirt with their brand plastered across it. ;-)

Dan's got a point... Some brand managers might get upset if "their" athlete enters a competition sponsored by the opposition. On the other hand, some brand managers would encourage their athletes to enter, wearing a tshirt with their brand plastered across it. ;-)

yeah maybe if we are talking huge $$ contracts. in this case realistically it would be a dickhead move of them, its not like their business relies on (or possibly gets any benefit from at all) athlete sponsorship. 

just seems pretty shit if they put those kind of rules on their athletes imo and i highly doubt that is the case. 

edit: just put your sponsors tshirt on for the competition so they dont go bankrupt when the customers find out you have supported the enemy. good workaround. 

Are you sponsored by countdown?

I have countdown ads pop up underneath posts like 2 weet bix for $4 and $4.95kg drumsticks.

Are you sponsored by countdown?

I have countdown ads pop up underneath posts like 2 weet bix for $4 and $4.95kg drumsticks.

Haha! Those ads would just be coming through the ad network we're affiliated with. It's not a direct sponsorship - although that particular banner does seem appropriate for us.

• 3 weeks later...

Damn i fully expected he would stay and contribute to the forum and he didnt just join to squeeze a few followers for his instagram.

That's a bit unfair.

If he was here to push his instagram account, he didn't do a very good job of it. A single mention of an IG username, with no link and no photos (not even a profile pic), is hardly going to attract hordes of new followers. I think it's highly unlikely this was his motivation for joining.

Much more likely is that Soundsgood was trying to help out the forum, and suggested Dan join up during one of their training sessions. He'd be an awesome member to have around, so don't give him too much grief.

Slightly off topic but did you guys know you can buy followers on IG. I shit you not.

And Facebook. And Twitter. Here's a guy who bought 90,000 Twitter followers for his dead cat...

It's pretty tempting, because high follower numbers make it look like your account is worth following. Essentially, you need high numbers to be competitive and attract new fans. And everyone's doing it, so why not us? It's the social equivalent of steroids. So far, Gymnation is a Facebook natty... so far. :P