Legs with a sprained ankle

Cameron_R

Hey team what's up?!

So I managed to badly sprain my ankle while on holiday - I actually thought it was broken until last night when I got an X-Ray that showed me it's not. Right now I can walk normally when the floor is flat and I'm going in a straight line - walking around any corners, or up/down a slope/stairs and I limp like a leper.

My question is - what suggestions do you have for me so I can keep doing legs while I have a sprained ankle?

The things I can think of are to keep doing Leg Extension and Machine Leg Curls. But after that I run out of imagination ....

Any ideas would be awesome. Ta.

• 2 weeks later...

Stiff legged deadlifts for hamstrings - the load path should go straight thru tibia/ fib to heel.

Narrow stance squats - same reason.

My reason for saying that - experience :think:

I rolled an ankle (classic inversion injury, a moderate sprain) during a powerlifting comp (before I'd even squatted :evil: ). 

I found that, as long as shins were more or less vertical in both side-to-side and fore-and-aft planes, it was manageable, esp once my ankle was well strapped to immobilise it.  

if you need to do it in the middle of a comp then sweet, but if you're not in a comp situation then let the fking thing recover properly lol. narrow stance squats and sldl you still got weights balancing on an unstable foundation. you can strap it up like crazy i guess but the heat is gonna flare it up and slow down recovery. what is better, short term satisfaction from dragged out,  mediocre training or long term knowing that when you recover you can smash it at 100%?