Get the fat ones first!

Pseudonym

Club Physical has copped some flak for their ad campaign, which shows aliens chasing humans and saying, "Get the fat ones first!"

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=11442063

I don't object to the advertising idea (they've been running it for years) but what does make me a bit uneasy is the ad showing real people on a fun run. That seems a bit harsh, given that the people are clearly recognisable - and they're on a fun run, so if they're fat, they're at least doing something about it!

What do you reckon?

its certainly not politically correct for a gym, especially one like club physical if that's what you're asking.

- they run a business

- large percentage of their client base is fat /overweight / obese (you ever been club physical.. or any gym for that matter, they don't necessarily show up but they do sign up and pay the bills)

- making fun of their own client base (especially in the form of offending those who are there to make a positive influence on their lifestyle/form) pretty stupid. if i was fat and doing runs and stuff trying to improve myself, i'd be annoyed by a gym that chose to make fun of that and if was existing client there, would move.. not like they have particularly good subscription rates either so win/win lol.

Advertizing our housing market to international asians businessmen is Ok

Having a huge sign in Auckland Airport in chineese (with english subtitles) saying welcome to nz is OK

A private company trying to make revenue through advertizing however they see fit and everyone looses their shit.

I've just removed most of the posts relating to Gyzzbrah's latest racial tirade.

Gyzzbrah, you've been warned before - this forum is not the place for pushing your neo-nazi views. It is directly offensive to several members (including, bizarrely, yourself), and the rest of us don't want to read such garbage either.

I'm suspending your account for 4 days. :evil: