Week two - 77.5g x 4 4 4 4

Week three - 80kg x 3 3 3 3 

Week four (deload) - 75kg x 3 3 3 

Week five 77.5kg x 5 5 5 5

Week six 80kg x 4 4 4 4 

Week seven 82.5kg x 3 3 3 3

Week eight deload 

and so on...

obviously this is just an example, but idea is to increase intensity and lower volume every week, at the moment i'm stuck on 82.5kg, coming back from a knee injury last year but just can't seem to nail 4 sets of 4 reps here. I know this weight isn't heavy by any standards, but yeah seems to be the only lift I cant increase the reps on..any help would be much appreciated 

Stalling on squat :( ideas please?

Prog running looks like this eg

4 sets of 3-5 reps

Week one - 75kg x 5 5 5 5

Week two - 77.5g x 4 4 4 4

Week three - 80kg x 3 3 3 3

Week four (deload) - 75kg x 3 3 3

Week five 77.5kg x 5 5 5 5

Week six 80kg x 4 4 4 4

Week seven 82.5kg x 3 3 3 3

Week eight deload

and so on...

obviously this is just an example, but idea is to increase intensity and lower volume every week, at the moment i'm stuck on 82.5kg, coming back from a knee injury last year but just can't seem to nail 4 sets of 4 reps here. I know this weight isn't heavy by any standards, but yeah seems to be the only lift I cant increase the reps on..any help would be much appreciated

Male or female ?

Body weight ?

How long have you been training ?

I would prob look at changing it up abit, to be fair dropping one rep and adding only 2.5kg most prob wont push you much at all, maybe start out with some higher reps and work your way down, iv just started a basic 8 week build up to peak following the same line, below is how iv structured mine, I also have another day squatting, which i mix between, pause squats/high bar and front squats, upping frequency to 2 days is an easy way to add kg's on your squat but at your level one solid day with good consistency you will make gains no worries

comp squat build up will look like this -

week 1(this friday) - 200x8 - 3 sets

2. 220x8 - 3 sets

3. 230x6 - 3 sets

4. 240x6 - 3 sets

5. 245x4 - 4 sets

6. 255x4 - 4 sets

7. 265x3 - 3 sets

8. 275x2 - 2 sets

@reddog cheers man, yeah i try to keep the reps low due to my knee injury, i've found anything over 6 reps really starts to aggravate it again. 

front squatting once a week as well in order to increase the frequency, thats almost starting to stall on me as well, sitting on 70kg there

Your exactly like me br0 stalled on squat for like 2 years <80 kg and I had tendonitis as well which didnt help either.

Squat with motivation and intensity. 

Dont bother with form videos, just do what you feel is right. High bar, low bar, f*ck it. 

Dont worry about fitting in with what you see on youtube etc. Everybody has a different bone structure and biomechanics and theres no expectation of you to squat ATG if you really cant or do a low bar etc. Only worry about depth if you do powerlifting but you dont so its a non issue really. Squatting ATG etc does not make you hardcore and your not a pussy if you really cant squat like that.

Bodyweight probably matters so eat heaps. I see so many skinny asians squatting shit weight atg for the last 2 years.

Cbf your rep ranges and wierd shit just squat.

idk what your program looks like but try this

monday

4x5 @ 60 kg

thursday

3x3 @ 75-80kg

f*ck your periodisation charts and f*ck your madcow 5x5 or whatever internet program your doing. This is exactly the crap that had me on 80kgs for 2 years. Add weight whenever you feel and how much you feel. 

For form just look at some of the people here like soundsgood, FOTR has some too etc.

Dont break parallel at all. Going full rom possible just hurt me and had me demotivated and exausted comming out of the hole

Your exactly like me br0 stalled on squat for like 2 years <80 kg and I had tendonitis as well which didnt help either.

Squat with motivation and intensity.

Dont bother with form videos, just do what you feel is right. High bar, low bar, f*ck it.

Dont worry about fitting in with what you see on youtube etc. Everybody has a different bone structure and biomechanics and theres no expectation of you to squat ATG if you really cant or do a low bar etc. Only worry about depth if you do powerlifting but you dont so its a non issue really. Squatting ATG etc does not make you hardcore and your not a pussy if you really cant squat like that.

Bodyweight probably matters so eat heaps. I see so many skinny asians squatting shit weight atg for the last 2 years.

Cbf your rep ranges and wierd shit just squat.

idk what your program looks like but try this

monday

4x5 @ 60 kg

thursday

3x3 @ 75-80kg

f*ck your periodisation charts and f*ck your madcow 5x5 or whatever internet program your doing. This is exactly the crap that had me on 80kgs for 2 years. Add weight whenever you feel and how much you feel.

For form just look at some of the people here like soundsgood, FOTR has some too etc.

Dont break parallel at all. Going full rom possible just hurt me and had me demotivated and exausted comming out of the hole

Lol, it's shit like this which keeps me in a job

I'm legitimately tempted to just deleted Gyzz's post because nothing good can come of it and it'll just fuel more ridicule for him. But then there's this;

Everybody has a different bone structure and biomechanics and theres no expectation of you to squat ATG if you really cant or do a low bar etc. 

Which is exactly why I asked for a form video. There's many people on here who can provide good advice after seeing what we're dealing with. I might give one specific recommendation that I believe may help the issue (but can't confirm because I'm not there in person to perform any relevant activation/mobility testing) And someone else may have a different recommendation, and perhaps even a third. Then he can try each suggestion separately, and decide for himself from there which best addresses the issue. 

Seems like a much better alternative than the infinite technique differences he could try to work out for himself, especially whilst on an injured knee that clearly isn't healed yet. 

Kpat, ignore Gyzz. Get form videos. Also, what did you do to your knee and what treatment have you had? 

Lol, it's shit like this which keeps me in a job

hard

gyzz, stop acting like what you have to say is the final word on shit, because you are not very knowledgeable on the topic and you certainly dont have the results to give people advice..

so you were stuck on 80 for years, now you're squatting 115? something severely lacking here m8. worry about yourself and get better and in a year come back and give someone advice

i dont really give much advice because i dont have results to fall back on etc, so im not just singling you out

leave it to people that are actually strong

also stop tryna talk liek hugh, it works for him, you come across as weak attempt at copying him. be yourself phaggot

I'd try and gain weight. You're 66kg which is provably just bone and sinew unless you're like 4ft tall. Muscle moves weight. Add another 10kg of bodyweight and your squat will fly up. Get big and lift big. Post a video of your squat too if possible

Also gyzz post is #cringe.

imo OP, you havien't milked out your newb gains yet. I suggest you to go on an proven beginner's strength program first before you fiddle around with any fuckaroundtis ones.

I suggest a 5x5 programme like starting strength or stronglift. I personally would go for stronglift as you can also download the app that allows you to track your progress and would tell you when to deload and what not. Untill you can squat 2.5 times your bodyweight, stick to an linear progression programme. Just keep it simple.

Also form is king, if your last final rep seems to lose form, deload 10% in your next workout and work from there, one of the main reasons why people get injured and find it hard to progress with their weight is because they ego lift with bad form and bad motor ingrams, you don't want to become one of those people. I've been lifting for over 10 years and had never yet been injured as I'm carefull with my form and programming, lifting is not a sprint, it's a marathon :). Also eat big, 200-300 calories over your TDEE (total body expendenture), use this calculator to work it out if you dont' know how. http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/

Also eat big, 200-300 calories over your TDEE (total body expendenture), use this calculator to work it out if you dont' know how. http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/

This. I had a one off client once (male) who was following the same strength program for like 2+ years and had only added like 5kg to his bench in that time (pretty facepalm). He wouldn't let me change his program at all but I persuaded him to eat ~500 more cals and he added 5kg to bench in 2 weeks. This isn't because I was any good at coaching or magical. I just made him eat more. GAINS. 

(this is a pretty extreme anecdote LOL - ofc just an example results may vary... )

This. I had a one off client once (male) who was following the same strength program for like 2+ years and had only added like 5kg to his bench in that time (pretty facepalm). He wouldn't let me change his program at all but I persuaded him to eat ~500 more cals and he added 5kg to bench in 2 weeks. This isn't because I was any good at coaching or magical. I just made him eat more. GAINS. 

(this is a pretty extreme anecdote LOL - ofc just an example results may vary... )

Really? so why did he hire you as his PT anyway if he didn't want to make any changes to his program? did he just want you to check and give feedback on his form?

have you tried front squats?

Once your form is good keep loading weight and improve , just like your back squat

Because your body has to be upright  i found it beneficial to assist my back squat gains

my opinion.. worth a shot , 

Really? so why did he hire you as his PT anyway if he didn't want to make any changes to his program? did he just want you to check and give feedback on his form?

I don't know - people do it a lot - they want help but are actually reluctant to do anything different. It was like 3 years ago now so I barely remember. 

Maybe he just wanted a pretty young girl to hang around with him for an hour? 

I don't know - people do it a lot - they want help but are actually reluctant to do anything different. It was like 3 years ago now so I barely remember. 

Maybe he just wanted a pretty young girl to hang around with him for an hour? 

What you are actually pretty, young and female? no way! really? lol.. well atleast you are getting free money!