WTB (in short future) : home gym equipment [Auckland]

Sorry couldn't find the buy/sell section

Gonna be moving to a new place soon (not 100% confirmed yet) but gonna start collecting a list of stuff that I'll be putting into a spare room to turn it into a gym. 

Gym room standard bedroom size, space for rack and stuff probs wont fill it up with random thing slike leg press though or it gets crowded. Carpeted ground floor, is there anything special I need to do in regards to flooring other than the horse stall mats? I don't deadlift that much (not likely to be doing over 200 on a regular basis for a while to come!) but want to make sure whatever it is, I don't break the flooring lol. 

Stuff that I'm interested in buying in next couple months or so, please let me know if you considering selling any of following in Auckland : 

• Rubber horse stall matts
  • Power cage type rack with safety so can do squats/rack pulls/self spotted bench all in there
  • Olympic barbell
  • Rubber plates
  • Adjustable bench
  • Maybe a preacher curl bar but think can do without. Will check other threads for recommendations on what other people got in their home workout setup

<p>

Sorry couldn't find the buy/sell section

Gonna be moving to a new place soon (not 100% confirmed yet) but gonna start collecting a list of stuff that I'll be putting into a spare room to turn it into a gym.

Gym room standard bedroom size, space for rack and stuff probs wont fill it up with random thing slike leg press though or it gets crowded. Carpeted ground floor, is there anything special I need to do in regards to flooring other than the horse stall mats? I don't deadlift that much (not likely to be doing over 200 on a regular basis for a while to come!) but want to make sure whatever it is, I don't break the flooring lol.

Stuff that I'm interested in buying in next couple months or so, please let me know if you considering selling any of following in Auckland :

• Rubber horse stall matts
  • Power cage type rack with safety so can do squats/rack pulls/self spotted bench all in there
  • Olympic barbell
  • Rubber plates
  • Adjustable bench
  • Maybe a preacher curl bar but think can do without. Will check other threads for recommendations on what other people got in their home workout setup

Good shit mate

One thing to keep in mind is the weight eating on safeties

Iv ruined mine doing rack pulls cos rated to 150 but guy in shop told me rated to 500. Turns out he meant the j hooks.

Make sure the matts you buy are grippy on underside so they dont move around

Make sure you are 100% happy with the knurling on the bar cos its a c*nt to decide a month later its rubbish

Good shit mate

One thing to keep in mind is the weight eating on safeties

Iv ruined mine doing rack pulls cos rated to 150 but guy in shop told me rated to 500. Turns out he meant the j hooks.

Make sure the matts you buy are grippy on underside so they dont move around

Make sure you are 100% happy with the knurling on the bar cos its a c*nt to decide a month later its rubbish

Ay never thought of weight rating on those, thanks for the tips. With that in mind, I've seen what that shit does to the bar if not the safeties in commercial gyms and if I done them, might be better to use some kind of raised box instead? Nothing worse than an otherwise good feeling bar that's bent out of shape from being dropped on safeties. With that mats not sure what I'll do to secure them other than just tile them all over the place as flooring is carpet and not even sure how solid it is underneath that.

Since you aint no newb I would go buying new man. I got Power cage, bench, Bar, 275kg of plates from No1 under 2k.

Rubber mats are from bunnings $35 per square metre, should need 2-4 of these.

I reviewed the bar I used, sounds like might suit you?

http://www.gymnation.co.nz/topic/18969-review-volt-7-foot-mens-trainingcf-bar/

Thanks for tips mate and awesome detailed review too $400 looks like their standard price which is still good for what it is, gonna keep an eye on it for specials.

Will buy new if don't find anything but just putting up my interest here as well as checking out trademe sometimes still get good stuff second hand at competitive prices.

dont stress about carpet/wooden floor

some people say its bad but my house is rickety shit im sure they cut corners in construction and i regularly dropped 150-200 deadlifts on 2nd story wooden floor

whole house shakes and mrs yells at me from downstairs and broke a few of the lightbulbs in ceiling underneath but apart from that no harm, never fell through or anything

moved it all downstairs to concrete floor cos gf kept raging when deadlifting at 530 am and house rattles