Hmmm Gymnation vs NZ Bodybuilding

Gasp

Sorry folks just logged in for the first time in a squillion years and wondered if this site was a) as popular as NZ Bodybuilding and b) had as many bloggs. Juries out with me but being a dinosaur I went off this quit quick even though Im have a variety of fitness/bodybuilding/strength interests. Just saying.

Is the quality of info better? For the most part unless phedder or riccardo posts there's little of the science stuff. Guys like Daz who I always found to be super informative hardly post.

There are some great posters still. But I feel like it's not quite where it was before. Although who knows. Less trolling that's true. I imagine it is enjoyed by the guys who post a whole lot of what they're doing now stuff. And kudos to them :)

i still enjoy it now more than ever.

i miss the banter of nzbb

gymnation is mostfuly fairly enjoyable and even though gymrat is gone, i see our patience now with gyzzbrah much like an investment. he will eventually fill gymrats place in our hall of fame when he grows up, hits the drugs full time and goes on the dole.

Is the quality of info better? For the most part unless phedder or riccardo posts there's little of the science stuff.

Yes and no. In terms of the science stuff, we've always only had a few "sciencey" contributors - simply because it requires an elite level of knowledge that only a few people have. And typically they've always had quite a narrow field of expertise (ie, Daz = steroids, Flex = supplements, etc)

But there's also the "advanced, knowledgeable lifter" group, and I think we're pretty strong in that area right now - possibly as strong as we've ever been. These are the guys like Wookie, Realtalk, Soundsgood... maybe even you, Harry! :wink:

Just below them is the "slightly less advanced but still damn knowledgeable" guys like Jimmybro1, MT, Reddog, TrainLikeAFreak and so on. There's a heap of active members that fall into this category.

Where I think we're particularly strong right now is in the general atmosphere. It's more focused, more friendly, and we're having some really good, long discussions without the topics getting derailed. So in this sense, yes, the quality of information is definitely better.

(BTW, apologies to those I haven't named here. There's a lot more people I could include, but these were just a few I found on the front page as I wrote this.)

i was around in the nzbb days, i loved the old layout and that there was a focus on bodybuilding. what i didnt like was that threads would get derailed very quickly and a lot of us became monkeys throwing shit at each other and passing newbies,

gymnation layout is growing on me, tends to be more ugly arse power lifters (mean that in the nicest way) then bodybuilders but i dont mind to much as u guys seam to do journals better and always willing to share knowledge and advice and end of the day the only real difference is the way we eat, lot less trolls and in general a better vibe to the forums despite a self hater and a palm to face inducing egg eater lol

theres my 2cents worth

I like Gymnation. I feel right at home here, despite having a, 'so-called reputation' for shitting all over the forums all the time, which I find to be complete and utter nonsense. Well, maybe sometimes I have a laugh. If I mess things up, Mr. Man comes and cleans up my trail of destruction. I even have my own folder dedicated to me. I'm learning lots from people like, Yeelang, Leeroid, Riccardo, Realtalk, Maccaz, HU GH, Kiwicannon, Atrollappears, HarryB, Trainslikeafreak, Spacebound, Ngapuhi, Kalidane, Soundsgood, M.T, Justhell, skeletor, and spacebound. Hell, even Gyzznizzle is a wealthy source of information... Sometimes.

I like Gymnation. I feel right at home here, despite having a, 'so-called reputation' for shitting all over the forums all the time, which I find to be complete and utter nonsense. Well, maybe sometimes I have a laugh. If I mess things up, Mr. Man comes and cleans up my trail of destruction. I even have my own folder dedicated to me. I'm learning lots from people like, Yeelang, Leeroid, Riccardo, Realtalk, Maccaz, HU GH, Kiwicannon, Atrollappears, HarryB, Trainslikeafreak, Spacebound, Ngapuhi, Kalidane, Soundsgood, M.T, Justhell, skeletor, and spacebound. Hell, even Gyzznizzle is a wealthy source of information... Sometimes.

I think you're reasonably toilet trained now. If u got random pointless shit to say just do it in gyzz brahs journal