Clen/t3 cycle before bulking?

nick222

Hi everyone, I'm new here.

I had surgery following an accident just over a year and a half ago, and my doctor has just recently given me the go ahead to train full-on.

During my down time I gained quite a bit of fat, currently am probably edging on 20%. Current diet is good, just looking for a head-start as I can't wait to get back into lifting. 

My question is, should I run a clen or t3 cycle for a few weeks while doing cardio? I am thinking if I start bulking now, when it comes to cutting it would be extra hard. Most of my previous muscle has wasted so I'm not too concerned about the catabolic effects of cutting now and starting again from square one. 

What are your thoughts?

If you haven't trained for a year and a half and your at 20% i am sure when you start training again and you are eating right you should drop fat easy if not your simply just not eating and training properly.

I think its a bad idea in your situation

this^

Hi everyone, I'm new here.

I had surgery following an accident just over a year and a half ago, and my doctor has just recently given me the go ahead to train full-on.

During my down time I gained quite a bit of fat, currently am probably edging on 20%. Current diet is good, just looking for a head-start as I can't wait to get back into lifting. 

My question is, should I run a clen or t3 cycle for a few weeks while doing cardio? I am thinking if I start bulking now, when it comes to cutting it would be extra hard. Most of my previous muscle has wasted so I'm not too concerned about the catabolic effects of cutting now and starting again from square one. 

What are your thoughts?

T3 can be quite catabolic without exogenous testosterone, if you are already in a muscle wasted state its a pretty bad idea...

Thanks for advice. You guys are definitely right, I was just feeling frustrated about my situation and looked for a quick fix. Obviously there is no magic formula that will make me my old self overnight. 

Thanks for keeping me grounded

It helps if you keep a workout log to track your progress, that way every week when you record results it will keep you motivated. Sometimes looking in the mirror just doesn't cut it (no pun intended).

Keep us updated with your results man! Best of luck.

are you planning on running AAS? have you dieted recently?

A carb backloading approach is ideal for your situation, your body will want to adapt strongly to training because you have been there before and you haven't trained in so long.

at 20% fat anytime you are in a deficit you will pretty easily lose fat and in any surplus the priority will be on muscle not replenising fat stores.

T3 can be quite catabolic without exogenous testosterone, if you are already in a muscle wasted state its a pretty bad idea...

And therefore probably a higher likelihood of injury too, I'd guess?

Nick222 - feeling impatient is natural (and a good thing if it motivates you). But if you're currently at 20%, and you've just resumed training with a good diet, there's no reason you can't make awesome progress. At the very least, wait until you hit a lower bodyfat and things start slowing down before you add anything else to the mix.