5/3/1

tyreguy

So will be looking at starting this next week

Pretty much just effing around at the moment and need to be programed.

Looking at doing it 4x week (apparently there is a 3day per week version).

I know brahs on here been getting gains, so guidance much appreciated. :yes:

my mate is doing the boring but big variation, think its the same thing but with some high rep stuff at the end of each day

hes getting good as results

only reason i didnt do it was the spreadsheets were confusing as and couldnt reaely understand logic of it (this was ages ago)

Nah im not decent br0,  I did see a pdf version bout 100 pages or so.

Tom lee got an old thread here somewhere, I see but that custom made for his mate.

Im not his mate so I read to make sure get guts of it. Much to do after work and dinner

tonight. :pfft:

Whats all this shenanigans about? Sounds like gibberish to me. Why not just train hard like a mofo. All it takes is commitment and motivation. Whats so hard about that. Anyway, I might be speaking off topic, I better shut my waha nui. You could be talking about gear for all I know.

Ive used this for 5cycles(5months) now. Its pretty easy just plug in your maxes. There is also a 3/5/1 version, the one i use, if you are also interested. Hope you find it helpful and easy.

make your own spread sheet on excel, it will take no time 

Found a few apps on google play, looks like ill use this one...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vandersw.wenderlogbook&hl=en

Whats all this shenanigans about? Sounds like gibberish to me. Why not just train hard like a mofo. All it takes is commitment and motivation. Whats so hard about that. Anyway I might be speaking off topic, so I better shut my waha nui. You could be talking about gear for all I know.

Commitment + motivation with no plan is not optimal in most situations m8

Based off maxes looks like this

Week 1 Day1

Military press

Warm up

25kg x5, 32kgx5, 38kgx3

5 reps at 41kg

rest 2mins

5 reps at 47kg

rest 2minutes

AMRAP at 54kg - 85% of 1rm.

(previous cycles AMRAP) score n/a

Assistance Exersises.

*Upright rows, and same as bench accessories, also lower back, and core stuff.

Benchpress.

Week1 day2

Warmup. 43kgx5,  54kgx5,  65kgx3

70-5

rest 2mins

81-5

r2m

92-AMRAP

Assistance Exersises

*Pull ups (bw) For more lat activation

*Dips

*Incline/Decline.

Backsquat

Week 1 Day 3

Warm up is 58-5,  72-5,  86-3

94-5

r2m

108-5

r2m

AMRAP @122kg

Assistance exercises are

*Good mornings, hyperextensions-BW for reps or weighted.

*Hanging leg raises.

Deadlift

Week 1 Day 4

Warmup. 70kgx5,  88x5, 105x3

114-5

r2m

132-5

r2m

AMRAP @ 149

Assistance Exercises are

* DB lunges, Leg press.

*Do Deadlift at the gym, my bar no good for dropping too much.

This is week 1.

f*ck all this AMRAP shit.  I don't even know what that is.

Just do the starting strength program.  Practice proper technique.  Have someone who knows what he's doing help you with technique.  4 weeks doesn't count as doing the program.

More complicated doesn't mean better.  It just means more complicated.  Doing the important stuff right will pay off far better.

f*ck all this AMRAP shit.  I don't even know what that is.

Just do the starting strength program.  Practice proper technique.  Have someone who knows what he's doing help you with technique.  4 weeks doesn't count as doing the program.

More complicated doesn't mean better.  It just means more complicated.  Doing the important stuff right will pay off far better.

Know what you mean bro, program can be as long as 12 weeks if you like this just all I write up so far. AMRAP means I log and use as a yard stick for future see how many reps I can get later on in that lift at that weight, yea I haven't even thought about 1 rep maxes, don't need to Chur..

Amrap is a good way to measure progress without beating your body up with lower rep stuff. So amrap backsquat at 122kg - if you can do 8 reps, then next time you test you can do 12. Well obviously your 1rm has increased. That's how I prefer to get stronger anyway by keeping weight high, rpe high and only way you can do good consistent sets of this is to not do many sets. Assistance work just as good and doesn't ruin your body. bodybuilders are some of strongest people and their workouts are all 'assistance' as we know it.

But there are many theories, my advice would be to stick to your program religiously. Doing hybrid of programs and fucking with them is idiotic and just becomes a cluster f*ck with doing all sorts of shit for no reason. 531 probably the most popular strength training program ever made. There is no debating that it doesn't work.

I got my rackpull to 220kg (straps) 'cos pretty much all I did was deadlifts and rackpulls.  It shouldn't surprise that going heavy often has an effect.

All I have found from volume is that it makes recovery take longer.  Not sure it had the same strength benefits.

I guess we all have to go through that experiment to see what's best.  It's all part of the fun!

The good thing about people changing programs every 3 weeks is that they look shit.  Contrast is important yo

I got my rackpull to 220kg (straps) 'cos pretty much all I did was deadlifts and rackpulls.  It shouldn't surprise that going heavy often has an effect.

All I have found from volume is that it makes recovery take longer.  Not sure it had the same strength benefits.

I guess we all have to go through that experiment to see what's best.  It's all part of the fun!

The good thing about people changing programs every 3 weeks is that they look shit.  Contrast is important yo

How long you been natty br0?